Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 15 Jun 2008, 05:41 (Ref:2229142)   #26
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Highlight of the race was Dixon and Helio side by side for the lead for multiple laps in the mid stages of the race. I was on the edge of my seat. That's the kind of action neither F1 or Nascar can provide and what they need to promote the series with (sure Nascar has side by side, but it's relatively sedate and safe feeling compared to IndyCar at its best).

Another solid win for for Dixon, although Helio sneaking home second keeps the championship alive. I think already down to 4 guys, Dixon, Helio and Kanaan, with Wheldon still in the hunt looking at points. Although Wheldon doesn't seem to have the pace he used to and with more road courses coming up I think he'll drift further away from the points lead.

Dixon on the other hand has really made strides in the last 2 years in his oval track racing. He used to be the most conservative guy out there, hugging the bottom line and not willing to race to wheel to wheel for too long. Guys like Hornish and Wheldon would always beat him in a close race for that reason - with Dixon cruising home to a safe top 5. Now he's getting out there and leading laps, running the high line all the time and not being intimidated out of positions - without sacrificing his ability to bring it home safely. Really the complete IndyCar driver now at the peak of his form. This is his year to pull off the double (500 and championship).

Some other thoughts:

Marco really needs to chill out and try and finish a few races... Such a shame for Ryan.

Noticeable that more of the "transition" drivers are getting on the pace week by week.

Crowd looked great along the main stretch. IndyCar definitely has made steps forward this year and the future looks bright. Great to see for those that have continued to follow through the bad times.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2229377)   #27
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Duno has two things that help her career: Ambition and Money. Talent, well not so much but I will say this for her: she hasn't let the cars or the tracks scare her. She may not be the most talented driver out there but she sure as heck hasn't backed-down from the challenge...

She has certainly hit fewer people this season than the much more talented Marco...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.