Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 25 May 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2211567)   #26
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Download TVAnts and click the ESPN China link, working like a charm here!

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?ma...26&part=sports
Old 25 May 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2211568)   #27
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.indy500.com

Indy 500 website seems to be offering a live stream
Old 25 May 2008, 16:58 (Ref:2211570)   #28
orrmate
Rookie

United Nations
Leeds, Yorkshire, England
orrmate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 6003 on sopcast
Old 25 May 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2211595)   #29
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
The race is underway , why not join the Chat mentioned in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106884
Old 25 May 2008, 21:05 (Ref:2211721)   #30
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Wins the Indy 500 and become the 1st Kiwi to win the great race. Fantastic.

So happy for him

Awesome effort to Vitor and Marco in the last dash.

Great to see Briscoe coming through the field before the drama

Danica in true form - post crash Drama Queen
Old 25 May 2008, 21:29 (Ref:2211731)   #31
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great race.

Security ruined a great hissy fit there
Old 25 May 2008, 22:05 (Ref:2211759)   #32
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Danica in true form - post crash Drama Queen
Talk about playing it up, the TV guys nearly missed the restart because they where focusing in her. Show some emotion, but don't go over the top and milk it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Security ruined a great hissy fit there
Would have been interesting if she had a go at security or one of the officials

Well done to Scott for the win, Will for bringing it home in 13th and still running, and shame for Ryan.
Old 25 May 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2211790)   #33
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Would have been interesting if she had a go at security or one of the officials
Would have been even more interesting if they had just let her through
But I suppose you can't blame her for being pretty upset...being taken out by a racing incident on the track is bad, but a part of life. Being punted off on the way out of the pits is just unnecessary.
Old 26 May 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2211835)   #34
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Tony Kanaan what great guy he is...I am so impressed with this chap...
Old 26 May 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2211846)   #35
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well I have to say it was a good race and congratulations to Scott Dixon on the win. It was good to see so many on the lead lap and to have 4 cars (or more) at the end within a shout if not a threat to win.

As far as the "drama queen" comments I wasn't sure if it wasn't Marco y'all were talking about. He makes a ridiculous pass on his team mate at a point in the race (lap 102 or whatever) where there was no need to take a chance and then after the race launches into a long diatribe about how the team made the wrong call on trimming out his car with his very best "I was robbed" look on his face.

If I were Kanaan, I would be "adjusting" Marco's "wing" in a very intense and personal way and I am sure Sarah Fisher would be happy to hold TK's coat while he does it. Kanaan may have been the fastest car out there today and Marco jobbed him just like he did Dario last year.

To me, it is becoming more and more clear that everyone exists on that team (Danica included) to ensure that Marco wins: TK does the grunt work on set ups with Danica & Hideki providing the $$$$. Michael's comment about it during the race was weak. If TK had passed Marco the same way he (Michael) would have chewed him a new orifice.

TK deserves better and showed what a class act he was in the interviews by refraining from going off on Marco.

I lost mega-respect for Marco and Michael today.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 26 May 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2211946)   #36
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah, great win for Scott Dixon. Historic

Think that Marco should "donate" some of his prize $$ to Sarah Fisher to help her out a little; after his incident with forcing TK high on the track. Course Michael would never agree that his son ever drives poorly
Old 26 May 2008, 08:28 (Ref:2211974)   #37
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would set an interesting precedent there, tanalised. Maybe like Ferrari passing on $$$ to Force India.

Last stint was awesome, flat out stuff. Up untill that, the race never really got going.
Old 26 May 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2212175)   #38
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great race. Well done to Dixon, drove a solid race.

The incident between Danica and Briscoe was unfortunate. Danica's behaviour after was unacceptable, it proves she isn't professional and has no class. She acts like she has never caused an accident before.

I couldn't believe she walked towards Ryan like that. She actually thinks she is tough. If she had a swing at Ryan, what could Ryan do? If he swung back he would be condemned by everyone. One day she will do it to the wrong person and get her pretty face messed up.
Old 26 May 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2212178)   #39
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep I agree with most of the comments here - TK is a class act and Danica is not...if it was any other driver having the hissy fits...well...and if Briscoe hit anyone else they would be blaming the crew chief...would have loved if she took a shot at the big black dude - wonder who he was...

Mightly impressed by Meira again this weekend...

Great race by the Ganassi guys and Dixon
Old 26 May 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2212239)   #40
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Briscoe1
Great race. Well done to Dixon, drove a solid race.

The incident between Danica and Briscoe was unfortunate. Danica's behaviour after was unacceptable, it proves she isn't professional and has no class. She acts like she has never caused an accident before.

I couldn't believe she walked towards Ryan like that. She actually thinks she is tough. If she had a swing at Ryan, what could Ryan do? If he swung back he would be condemned by everyone. One day she will do it to the wrong person and get her pretty face messed up.
What? She popped Jacques Lazier a few years ago and gave "Purdy Teeff" a shove last year.

I saw danica in action a few years ago away from the race track and I'm not impressed.
Old 26 May 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2212287)   #41
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ryan's point of view:

Quote:
“From what I can see, there was still plenty of room on the right side for her to get around and there are people pointing fingers, but that's not the way we are,” Briscoe said. “We both have a brake pedal in our cars, and from what I can tell, there was still plenty of room for her to get around me. I was trying to get around (Dan) Wheldon, and I was staying in the middle lane. I got ran up in the back, and it's a shame."
Link
Old 26 May 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2212336)   #42
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could see the "Danica-stampede" coming a mile off, not the first time these two have gotten together either (Sears Point '05)

Can't blame her for being p!ssed, she was minding her own business and got tagged. By the same token Briscoe was infront pulling out and just hung the tail out abit too much,

A racing accident (in the pits under a caution, if that makes sense )

What happened to the blend lanes in the pits this year??
Old 26 May 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2212426)   #43
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's amazing that there was only one major pitlane collision, considering that virtually every stop took place together under yellow. Danica was right to blame Ryan, who didn't leave enough room - but her violent and petulant reaction wasn't impressive. Add to that Marco's crass block on Kanaan and Michael's sheepish reaction, and AGR will have lost a lot of credibility today.

Pretty decent race. For a casual viewer, the simplified strategy due to the near-identical pitstop timings was helpful. Dixon was the guy who was always up there and always competitive, so he probably deserved the win the most. Real shame Kanaan, Scheckter and Carpenter lost out like that.
Old 26 May 2008, 23:37 (Ref:2212644)   #44
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'd be quite happy for Danica to slap me around a bit ...

Perennial "Good Bloke" Tony screwed again by the emerging Brat.

Maybe F1 should start a new American Team with Marco and Kyle Busch just to make sure that everyone in the world hates them. I see some $$$ here
Old 26 May 2008, 23:50 (Ref:2212648)   #45
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I laughed so hard at the "furious" look on Danica's face as she charged through the swarms of people.

Does she expect us to take her seriously? Honestly, it looked like she was trying so hard to look mad.
Old 27 May 2008, 00:11 (Ref:2212655)   #46
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She ought to be fined for strutting down a hot pit area!

IRC she wasn't in the far lane like she should have been.
Old 27 May 2008, 02:29 (Ref:2212691)   #47
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
She ought to be fined for strutting down a hot pit area!

IRC she wasn't in the far lane like she should have been.

Replays (on the delayed telecast I saw in Indy last night when I got home from the race) showed differently on where she was, because she was in the outer lane, but his right rear kicked out and got a piece of her as he stepped on it...

just a racing incident, IMO....he was in the slower lane, but the back end just stepped out and she had nowhere to go

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 27 May 2008, 02:34 (Ref:2212692)   #48
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was some good action in the race, but WAY too many yellow flags....69 laps under caution....

Meira jumped on the second to last restart, but didn't get the leg up on the last one or he would have been drinking milk instead of Dixon....when Vitor was in clean air, he was on rails....Dixon beat him in the pits on that final caution and once he was in front, Vitor was too trimmed out to get any grip behind him.

God race, though, and a HUGE crowd....Traffic was the worst I've seen in years. and the big "Coke Lot" northwest of the 4th turn (Gigantic parking lot) was full before 11 a.m. on Sunday!!!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 27 May 2008, 03:28 (Ref:2212704)   #49
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Replays (on the delayed telecast I saw in Indy last night when I got home from the race) showed differently on where she was, because she was in the outer lane, but his right rear kicked out and got a piece of her as he stepped on it...

just a racing incident, IMO....he was in the slower lane, but the back end just stepped out and she had nowhere to go
Darn I wanted to blame it all on her. Well, there's next time.
Old 27 May 2008, 04:03 (Ref:2212715)   #50
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I laughed so hard at the "furious" look on Danica's face as she charged through the swarms of people.

Does she expect us to take her seriously? Honestly, it looked like she was trying so hard to look mad.
Of course, now that she has won a race, or more technically inherited a race win due to fuel strategy.

She had plenty of room to the right of her in the lane. If that wasn't the case then she would have had damage to the right rear as well, but the wheel cleared the wall watching the replay, not even a mark on the wall.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing either, I thought how stupid are you going to look having a go at another driver who is still in his car. Mind you the ESPN commentators (those of us in OZ) sounded like they where going to lay an egg at what she was doing. Maybe if she won a couple more races and even the championship, then I might take her seriously. At the moment, it's looking like her cubic dollar sponsorship is beating out her supposed cubic talent.

Last edited by Denosaur; 27 May 2008 at 04:11.