Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2823539)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
COVKARTSPORT Rental Championship

Oldest established of the rental Championships and a very good value option for the karter who does'nt want the hassle of running their own kart - Covkartsport is a very friendly championship that visits all corners of the country.

Take a look at their website here http://www.covkartsport.com/

All tracks are outdoor, and most are MSA or of the same standard.
Whilton Mill
Rednal
Hooton Park
Rye House
Sutton
Lakeside
Ancaster

All good tracks in my opinion. Any questions or discussion welcome here in this thread! DWF1 is a key player on and off track...
Old 1 Feb 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2823997)   #2
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for setting this up.

Latest news

The Covkartsport series held it's first winter round of the year on the 23rd Jan with a winter record of 96 drivers attending through out the 3 different classes (6 weight classes).

There was close racing all day and it was great to see so many new drivers turning up. Our next round is at Whilton Mill on the 13th Feb so if anyone wants to come and see what it covkartsport is all about or just to come and watch some good racing, you would be more than welcome. Racing starts at 10ish
Old 3 Feb 2011, 10:16 (Ref:2824964)   #3
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I did a race last year at Sutton with my mate Marc Rhodes and it was awesome, I have to say!

I finished last in my first race and first in my second race Such a shame I couldn't make the next race...

I'd be interested in doing the Rye House race for sure. Well, actually, i'd love to do all of it... I now have a bit more free time. Hmmmmmmm...

What's the financial details again mate?

Selby
Old 6 Feb 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2826807)   #4
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
45 for membership for a year
35 per winter series round (+5 for guests)
45 per summer series round (+10 for guests)

I remember you racing because Sara (my girlfriend) was helping with sign on that day. Never got chance to come and talk to you if I remember but would be good for you to return
Old 14 Feb 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2831085)   #5
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Round 2 of the Covkartsport Winter Series had another massive 96 driver turn out. The next round is on the 6th march at the Ancaster circuit.
Old 26 May 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2886366)   #6
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
LATEST NEWS
As the month of May comes towards the end, the Covkartsport Series has reached the end of round three.

In the Junior class, Ben Davis currently leads the championship, after winning the latest round at Hooton Park, ahead of top Junior Plus driver Kyle Morby. Jack Griffiths is in third place in his debut year while Neil Vincent has closed the gap and moved up to fourth. Kayleigh Vincent is in eighth overall and is currently the top woman driver in the club.

The Lightweight class leader is Bobby Stanyer, in his first full season with the club. Lightweight Plus leader Mark Bramford is happy in second with round one winner David Brickley and Graham Wallace in a tight battle for third.

David Whitehouse now leads the Heavyweight championship after winning at Hooton with Chris Cheetham five points behind. Third goes to former champion Vince Cogzell while youngster Simon Patrick is fourth. Last year's champion John Payton is sixth.

The next round is at Rye House on Sunday 19th June. Feel free to pop along to find out more about the club and its events or even just to watch some good racing.

Old 3 Jun 2011, 01:49 (Ref:2890315)   #7
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks DWF - the lightweight class leader in his first season - great advert for if you have the skills turning up and getting a result. Such a greta idea this championship - nobody who wants to race karts has any excuse these days.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 23:44 (Ref:2891259)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I might drop in for this race...

Selby
Old 24 Jun 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2905436)   #9
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
The Covkartsport series has reached it's summer break. With no races planned for August and only an open event (non championship) in july, it gives the drivers a chance to relax and enjoy a holiday or two.....or like me.....WORK!

Will give an update soon when the Junior championship is updated but I know one thing and that is that the heavyweights are all breathing down my neck after I had a poor round at Rye. I only lead by one point now!!
Old 24 Jun 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2905459)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Yes indeed July at Rednal.. Im SO tempted! If I can move a few things around, its a 440 mile round trip but looks great fun. Trouble is you'll whip my ass!
Old 27 Jun 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2907001)   #11
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Give it a go mate. I'm not racing that weekend due to prior arrangements and it being a non scoring event so I personally wouldn't whip you.

To show how close the heavyweights are, on dropped scores the top five are covered by 5 points.....anything can still happen
Old 3 Oct 2011, 22:13 (Ref:2965212)   #12
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey! I'm looking at doing some Karting but being a 15st rugby player I'm not exactly built for it. Does the heavyweight series cater for that?
Old 25 Oct 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2976674)   #13
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Hey! I'm looking at doing some Karting but being a 15st rugby player I'm not exactly built for it. Does the heavyweight series cater for that?

Sorry for the delayed response. I am presuming that makes you around 95kgs which certainly does fit in with some of our drivers. We have a guy who started the season at over 110kgs and still races in the pack.

The weight class are:

Juniors/Junior Plus - These race together up to and including 16 year olds

Lightweights/Lightweight plus - Less than 69.9kgs/70-79.9kgs - These race together but are split at the end of the season

Heavyweight/Heavyweight plus - 80-89.9kgs/90kgs+ - These also race together, being split at the end of the season.

Will write an update later so you all know the situation before the final round.
Old 30 Nov 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2993635)   #14
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Sorry been a bit slow but too much to do. If anyone is at the Kartmania show in Coventry this weekend, Covkartsport will have a stand there. Feel free to come ask questions/find out more about Covkartsport or just to say hi. I will be there on the Sunday so feel free to ask for me but there will be others there on the saturday too
Old 4 Dec 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2995172)   #15
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
The 2012 Covkartsport Championship dates have been released.

Winter Series:-
Round 1 - Whilton Mill - 22nd Jan
Round 2 - Sutton Circuit - 19th Feb
Round 3 - Rednal - 18th March

Summer Series:-
Round 1 - Whilton Mill - 15th April
Round 2 - Red Lodge - 20th May
Round 3 - Rye House - 17th June
Round 4 - Rednal - 15th July (This will also be our 'Open' championship event)
Round 5 - Sutton Circuit - 16th September
Round 6 - Lakeside Karting - 14th October
Round 7 - Ancaster Karting - 4th November

The awards dinner will be held on Friday 7th December.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2998395)   #16
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been looking at various rental kart championships and covkartsport caught my eye. Concerning the 'rent' detail, do you turn up to the event and will be supplied with a kart? I know it sounds like a silly question but if that is the case then I'll be inclined to join for 2012.

Thanks, Matthew
Old 11 Dec 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2998430)   #17
el_cat
Racer

el_cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJones94 View Post
I've been looking at various rental kart championships and covkartsport caught my eye. Concerning the 'rent' detail, do you turn up to the event and will be supplied with a kart? I know it sounds like a silly question but if that is the case then I'll be inclined to join for 2012.

Thanks, Matthew
It's an arrive and drive championship, so you turn up and use one of the circuits fleet of karts. You don't get the same kart for the whole day, the karts will be numbered corresponding to their grid position, so depending on what your grid draw is will dictate what kart you get. Sometimes you get a flyer or a dud, but generally the circuits do a pretty good job at keeping the field quite similar.

I've been a member for 18months, and would massively recommend it
Old 11 Dec 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2998521)   #18
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah thanks for the reply! Yes it does look like a very good championship. It was either this or the BKRC but I worked out covkart would be cheaper considering fuel costs.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3014266)   #19
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
The first round of the Covkartsport Winter Series is on Sunday at Whilton Mill. If you'd still like to join us for the event, there are still a few spaces left. Contact us at cksrace.entry@yahoo.co.uk if you want to become a member or race as a guest.

Anyone already signed up???
Old 22 Jan 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3015392)   #20
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Hi David,

Enjoyed racing with you guys today. Thought the format could have done with some tweaks to help speed up the rotaions etc but overall was impressed with the organisation and level of competition.

Calender permitting, i might try and get along to a few of the main championship rounds.

Cheers

Pete
Old 23 Jan 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3015574)   #21
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Thanks for the comments Peter and also well done on your win. The battle between yourself, Dan and John was a joy to watch in both the races, but especially the first one. The format for the winter has been changing every year until we find what is right for the short winter days and I do agree we need to tweek it a bit or it could end up too much like the summer series.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3015738)   #22
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
‎2012 Covkartsport Winter Series - Round 1 results.

JUNIORS
1st Neil Vincent
2nd Jack Macaulay
3rd Kyle Morby

LIGHTWEIGHTS
1st Chris Gould
2nd Mark Bramford
3rd Alex Harding

HEAVYWEIGHTS
1st Peter Cowan
2nd Rich Ware
3rd Ashley Carter

The Driver of the day award went to Kayleigh Vincent, sister of Junior winnter Neil.
Old 7 Mar 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3036637)   #23
Ayrton5enna
Rookie

Ayrton5enna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your website is kinda cluttered not very much user friendly.

Right I'm 17 and want to try out your championship, were is your next track meet and do you do strictly outdoor racing
Old 28 Mar 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3050067)   #24
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton5enna View Post
Your website is kinda cluttered not very much user friendly.

Right I'm 17 and want to try out your championship, were is your next track meet and do you do strictly outdoor racing
Sorry I took a while to reply. I have been busy with my sister getting married and the end of the winter series business.

I know about the website and we're not happy with it but at the moment in time, we can't afford change it completely.

The next meeting is at Whilton Mill. All our events are outdoor karting (excpet the cadets which will be starting soon)

Please contact cksrace.entry@yahoo.co.uk and explain you would like a place on the grid (lights or heavies depending on your weight (Lights <80kgs, Heavies >80kgs)). Also mention if you are wanting to race as guest or as a member, as there will be membership fees and forms to sort out if it is as a member. Any more questions from yourself, feel free to PM me
Old 31 Mar 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3051443)   #25
CanaryYellow
Rookie

CanaryYellow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwf1 View Post
I have been busy with my sister getting married
Think you have been spending too much time in Kings Lynn.