Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3715760)   #1976
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep it up boys ����
Old 2 Mar 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3715759)   #1977
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
What are you talking about that's the OLD me I've changed I have barely posted the last few days and I only post confirmed news now this is a forum for Motorsport not personal attacks let's keep it that way
Back at school
Old 2 Mar 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3715762)   #1978
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Has anyone got the pics of LDm cars, especially Taz's
Yip V8X posted it

https://www.facebook.com/V8XMagazine...50448298351096
Old 2 Mar 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3715767)   #1979
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
You really have no idea, as I thought. I have been holding back from numerous comments from a number of people lately so this isn't directed at you solely. People who think the sun shines from Roland needs to get a decent read on reality. What makes a team like Triple 8 is the TEAM as a whole, not one person. As for Ludo, if he enjoyed working with Triple as they kept getting more dominant he would have stayed. Knowing someone who was with Triple between 2013 and 2014, they hated the atmosphere, the discipline was too strict and even off the circuit Roland still was too strict. Running a tight ship is good, but only too a certain degree. Like driving a racecar, you can only push a certain amount, too learn you make an error or something gives, then you learn and don't repeat, Adrian was the first bar to give in 2014. If Roland was a half decent person to work with he would have learnt. Then we saw Jeremy Moore leave, if I recall even he coped some criticism for looking to go bigger and better in his career. Then we see Ludo leave, doesn't this make some people think that maybe something is going on behind closed doors. This brings me to the next point, Whincup at Bathurst in 2015, the call to come to pit from Roland was when Jamie was near the final corner, Dutton had to call quickly but not quick enough, it wasn't possible. After going around again, Dutton wasn't happy but gave Jamie the option to come in, Roland (I agree in a way, wanted him in for safety) but the way he got at Dutton and said get him in now wasn't how you should talk to a member or employee. As for 2014 and 2016 Bathurst I cant defend Jamie, he was in the wrong.
I'll repeat, Ludo has worked with Roland since the late-90s in the BTCC. If he had a problem with how Roland did things, he surely would have worked that out well before 18-odd years were up. People leave jobs all the time, even jobs they've been with for a long time just to try something new.

You seem to be pushing a barrow of some sort, or have some personal issue with Roland Dane going on.

How did Colin Chapman, Frank Williams, Ron Dennis and Jean Todt run their teams? In a similiar style to the way Roland Dane runs his time I would summise.... seems to get the results too judging by those names mentioned above. Perhaps more team owners should take a leaf out of Roland's book?

Quote:
My next point is David Wall, really, how naïve is that comment. The person who did the major work was Scotty McLaughlin, David just trundled around with the other co drivers, which in my point doesn't really count to real pace in the main game drivers, which is what I was saying. Its not hard to be ahead of some of those co drivers.
You can only race the other people on the track, and David did a fine job running up the front in the enduro's.

Who are the co-drivers who it isn't hard to be infront of?

Quote:
There is a line between what the fans want to see and what is damaging the reputation of the sport, anyone who actually cares about V8s doesn't care if we see a rant, we want to see quality racing, if 2015,6 are a sign then we will see it too.
You are making a mountain out of a molehill and over-reacting.

It isn't damaging to the sport at all, it is just someone in the sport having an opinion, something more people in the sport should be doing.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3715773)   #1980
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
Back at school
Hahahaha good joke lol (no sarcasm)

Last edited by PS2244; 2 Mar 2017 at 12:00.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 11:50 (Ref:3715775)   #1981
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Keep it up boys ����
Why you dragging me into this? I've barely posted the last few days I don't want part of this sh##storm that's happening lol I've stopped posting all that mostly useless repetitive garbage that I used to do, I'm not "that guy" anymore

Last edited by PS2244; 2 Mar 2017 at 11:58.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3715782)   #1982
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why you dragging me into this? I've barely posted the last few days I don't want part of this sh##storm that's happening lol I've stopped posting all that mostly useless repetitive garbage that I used to do, I'm not "that guy" anymore
A lot that you post is opinion really, some have pulled you up on some things which is ok, because it is silly information. But some you say is opinion, about 50/50. Some others here though seem to think you can slander others opinion and if that happens they have to expect a reply they wont like. In your case I haven't seen anyone be harsh
Old 2 Mar 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3715788)   #1983
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
A lot that you post is opinion really, some have pulled you up on some things which is ok, because it is silly information. But some you say is opinion, about 50/50. Some others here though seem to think you can slander others opinion and if that happens they have to expect a reply they wont like. In your case I haven't seen anyone be harsh
I know that's what I've stopped doing I mostly only post articles now or unopinionated information. I looked backed at my previous posts and was mortified with how I acted I just want to move on from the past

Last edited by PS2244; 2 Mar 2017 at 12:42.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3715799)   #1984
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Kelly's car looks like it was chromed then put in the fridge..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Mar 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3715801)   #1985
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Has anyone got the pics of LDm cars, especially Taz's

Wouldn't think the plain black on the #3 will stay that way..
Old 2 Mar 2017, 20:49 (Ref:3715918)   #1986
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Roland is surely a sure loser - but show me anybody who dominates like he has that isn't a sore loser.
Richard Petty - always a gentleman.

But I think other examples are few and far between.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3715932)   #1987
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Kelly's car looks like it was chromed then put in the fridge..

Fast & Furious livery for Nissan’s Rick Kelly

Quote:
The #15 Altima will showcase a new ice-themed livery which takes inspiration from one of the scenes in the new movie.
He doesnt have friends, he has family
Old 2 Mar 2017, 23:15 (Ref:3715962)   #1988
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Wouldn't think the plain black on the #3 will stay that way..
They've gone out with that "livery" in practice today.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3715968)   #1989
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heimgartner on pole in Carrera Cup, bloody good effort that.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 00:01 (Ref:3715970)   #1990
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Another shot of the Douglas car.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 00:07 (Ref:3715971)   #1991
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By a noticeable margin, too.

Where's the Clipsal event thread?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3715975)   #1992
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Another comment that doesn't make a point, refer to what I said on 151's post. NO ONE PERSON MAKES SUCCESS, A GROUP DOES WITH GOOD EMPLOYEES
So do a good group of employees magically appear and automatically know how to work together? This is quite literally one of the most ridiculous remarks I have read on the internet. Well done.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 00:42 (Ref:3715977)   #1993
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Looks like Shell has replaced United as the fuel by the looks of the stickers on the rear side windows (where they have the series sponsors)
Supercars partners with Shell Fuels
Old 3 Mar 2017, 00:53 (Ref:3715979)   #1994
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
So do they still run an E85 fuel or have they switched to 98 octane fuel?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3715981)   #1995
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
So do they still run an E85 fuel or have they switched to 98 octane fuel?
Presumably its business as usual with an E85 equivalent, that press release/news story wasn't particularly illuminating....

That they are partnering with Shell Fuels as opposed to Shell V Power suggests the ethanol product is still go...

It is a commercial deal to some extent, the maker produces the fuel for the series, they on sell it at a margin, and advertise at events/on cars etc. Might not be a zero cost, but could be seen as a user (mostly) pays model..
Old 3 Mar 2017, 01:25 (Ref:3715985)   #1996
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not going to bag someone having a go but... Rullo is not exactly helping his SuperLicence dispensation when he's ended in the tyre barriers for the first two sessions of the year. I guess at least he's having a go... and probably a dam sight better driver than me.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3715994)   #1997
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So when the "Retro Round" comes around, could we see the old Shell Championship logo back on the cars?
Old 3 Mar 2017, 03:24 (Ref:3716001)   #1998
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So do a good group of employees magically appear and automatically know how to work together? This is quite literally one of the most ridiculous remarks I have read on the internet. Well done.
Yep agreed it's like football you can have a team of all stars but there useless if you don't have a good coach/manager to lead them
Old 13 Mar 2017, 07:27 (Ref:3718315)   #1999
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...ildcard-chance
Todd Hazelwood to make Supercars debut
Old 13 Mar 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3718322)   #2000
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...ildcard-chance
Todd Hazelwood to make Supercars debut
There's also a referance that Todd and MSR could potentially run a wildcard at Bathurst I would assume the other driver would be Marjoram