Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Apr 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3633976)   #26
Canuck59NHL
Racer

France
Villeneuve d'Ascq,France
Canuck59NHL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*Results Race 2:

*Ranking:

Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3634079)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great racing, especially race 2.

I thought (and hoped! ) Catsburg had the victory in the pocket.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 20:22 (Ref:3634190)   #28
helmat
Rookie

Austria
Vienna
helmat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really nice races again especially the main race was really exciting, season is shaping up quite well

let's see what the ballast adjustment brings for next week
Old 18 Apr 2016, 06:43 (Ref:3634314)   #29
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, Pechito is very impressive, what a phenomenal driver! Monteiro deserves the leadership, but I don't think he has the pace to run the entire championship in this way.

A great pity for Thed, double disqualification...
Old 18 Apr 2016, 10:22 (Ref:3634367)   #30
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like when anyone moaning.
Like Muller talking about safety and Lopez talking about some vibrations and yet 2 Hondas have punctures and Citroen got 1 and 3 in qualification and Lopez wining the race...
Old 18 Apr 2016, 15:14 (Ref:3634474)   #31
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
I don't like when anyone moaning.
Like Muller talking about safety and Lopez talking about some vibrations and yet 2 Hondas have punctures and Citroen got 1 and 3 in qualification and Lopez wining the race...
More on this
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...medium=twitter

It's really ridiculous, only 20kg more and Citroen started crying. Although it's really unfair to give champion ballast for the first 2 rounds, you have to accept 80kg. If Honda is fast, they get same 80kg - rules are the same for everyone.

Won't miss Citroen
Old 19 Apr 2016, 11:19 (Ref:3634772)   #32
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
It is really difficult to predict how compensation weights will be for next round. However, if I did the calculations more or less accurate the difference between Citröen and Honda will only be about 10 kilos for Hungary and 30 between Citroën and Lada while Chevrolet and Volvo will remain 80 kilos lighter.
Lets see if I did this right...

It is great to see good battles on the track but it feels completely artificial when you see Monteiro on top of the championship with a car 80 kilos lighter just because.

What Pechito did in the first two weekends of the season is amazing. None of the other Citroën drivers is even closer to his performance.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3634798)   #33
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Well Lopez is best Citroen driver but it's not fair when all cars are built to same specification and with even 80kg he is fastest on straight. Whats the point of all other makes competing when they can't fight with them?
How in past was possible that one Mini with 1.3 and Jaguar Mk II with 3.8 and Ford Mustang with big V8
Like Mini winning championship against Jag in 1961 British Saloon Car Championship
This is what happens when big companies are running the show...
Old 19 Apr 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3634811)   #34
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
That was multi-class touring/saloon car racing. We're not *quite* back there yet.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3634856)   #35
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Thanks for info. I didn't know that.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3635076)   #36
CJFG
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
CJFG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two great races at the Slovakiaring. Only one Zengo Honda (for Ficza) and no Nika Chevrolet (again.) Valente fluffed the start in the first race like at Paul Ricard, and had an all-round dud first lap with team-mate Tarquini roughing him up. Ekblom likewise shoved Demoustier forcefully to get by. I liked Lopez's late move on Muller, along with Michelisz's anticipation in getting by Bjork simultaneously. Later he almost pulled off a brilliant move on both Citroens but settled for just Muller. Bennani succeeded at the start and looked likely to win but Monteiro stole it with 2 laps to go. Poor luck for Zengo too, Ficza's fire was unwanted with their home race within a week. A good win for Monteiro though and a podium for Bennani.

A fantantic second race. Muller's great work in qualifying was undone at the start as both Lopez and Catsburg (forcefully) shot past. I was expecting Muller to win the race after qualifying, not by miles, but I think he would've hung on. The battering with Huff killed that off. Valente's weekend went from awful to terrible by ditching his Lada in the gravel. Catsburg showed superb form with the Lada, brilliant drive, cruel to lose the lead right at the end. A fantastic last lap though, the race built up to that. Lopez holding onto the lead with a broken car, Monteiro grabbing 2nd, Catsburg clinging onto 3rd with naff tyres and Bjork passing Michelisz for 4th (later taken away) at the last corner. Fantastic race, full credit to Lopez (and Catsburg too.)

Monteiro may be championship leader but Lopez is the real deal. No surprise at all that he's a double World Champion. I think if he claims a third this year it will be his best of the lot. If he can overcome 80kg and damage to win a race, that's ominous for the rest. Catsburg impressed too, would love to see him challenge more often. Bring on the Hungaroring.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 10:25 (Ref:3635077)   #37
CJFG
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wigan
CJFG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
More on this
http://www.autosport.com/news/report...medium=twitter

It's really ridiculous, only 20kg more and Citroen started crying. Although it's really unfair to give champion ballast for the first 2 rounds, you have to accept 80kg. If Honda is fast, they get same 80kg - rules are the same for everyone.

Won't miss Citroen
I completely agree. The rules are there for everyone to abide by. It may be a pain for Citroen but if another manufacturer was as dominant, the same scenario would apply to them too. At the end of the day, if they put less time into moaning, and more into trying to claw back whatever performance they've lost, not only would they gain more support from the fans, they would also start putting distance between themselves and the rest.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3635086)   #38
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
It is really difficult to predict how compensation weights will be for next round. However, if I did the calculations more or less accurate the difference between Citröen and Honda will only be about 10 kilos for Hungary and 30 between Citroën and Lada while Chevrolet and Volvo will remain 80 kilos lighter.
Lets see if I did this right...
Nailed it!
Compensation weights are the ones I predicted
Old 20 Apr 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3635155)   #39
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Racing was alright, but that track is too long and featureless.

The equalisation of cars is about right as it stands. It's only the Chevy's that are not in the mix.