Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Oct 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2774637)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see that as part of the film launch On Sunday in Suzuka Ayrton’s nephew drove the Lotus 97T in which Ayrton took his first two F1 victories, back in 1985.

Bruno apparently appears in the movie as a 9 year old.

Adam Hay-Nicholls (editor of GP week) also saw and wrote a brief review of the movie in this weeks GP week which as I cant link to it directly I will quote here. (Mods please feel free to edit it out if its breaching copyright or forum policy)

From GP Week, Adam Hay-Nicholls
Quote:
....... I tracked down a cinema in Nagoya to go and see it. It did not disappoint.

Footage has come from a lot of different sources, but mainly from Mr E’s archive and from the Senna family. A lot of it is previously unseen. It starts and ends with a glance back to Ayrton’s karting days but the focus of course is F1, his battles with Alain Prost, and that fateful weekend at Imola.

A lot of the racing footage is awe-inspiring and the behind the-scenes stuff is fascinating.

Private moments between Ayrton and Ron Dennis, Sid Watkins and scenes from drivers’ briefings.

Make no mistake, the bad guy in this movie is former FIA president Jean-Marie Balestre. Prost comes across more as a political animal than the exceptional driver he was, but Balestre is absolutely hideous.

There’s a lot of footage of Ayrton on boats and jet-skis in Brazil, relaxing with family and girlfriends. We’re also introduced to nine year-old nephew Bruno.

Once the film turns to 1994, you know what’s coming and at that point there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. Showing the funeral, the camera focuses on the key people in Ayrton’s story and flashes back to happier times. It’s very moving. A scene where the Fuji TV crew breaks down on a live broadcast is a real lip-quiverer.

There are contributions from the likes of Sid Watkins, Ron Dennis and The Death of Ayrton Senna author Richard Williams, all of whom provide interesting comment.

Many of the people who worked with Senna are still in F1 – such as Keith Sutton, co-founder of GPWeek, who as an enterprising 19 yearold spotted Ayrton racing in Formula Ford and took over writing his press releases. As a great
admirer of Senna, it’s a real privilege to hear first hand stories from those who knew him.....

Last edited by E.B; 14 Oct 2010 at 00:41.
Old 18 Oct 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2776726)   #27
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's an interview with the writer and executive producer of the film here that I find interesting, although some may not. Don't bother with the video. It's the same one we've already seen.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 00:10 (Ref:2776904)   #28
Griff
Rookie

Wales
south wales
Griff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought that someone here might understand this feeling , At this years Goodwood FOS I was sat in the Lotus in the collecting area waiting for my run lined up next to Ayrton's 1993 MP4/8 as I sat there in the solitary world of my crash helmet thinking that I might wake up soon because this really isnt hapening to me
I glanced to my right only to see those eyes in a yellow and green helmet sat in a very red and white car looking in my general direction,it made the hairs on my neck stand vertical sufice to say things got a little blury for a while. anyway after the run at the turn round at the top of the hill I managed to have a few words with Bruno Senna what a really really nice and unasuming guy,and his eyes look so much like his uncle's especialy in a crash helmet its spooky. this was such a special moment I'M glad I found somewhere to share it where it might be apreciated by a few like minded people
thanks again
GRIFF
Old 21 Oct 2010, 04:30 (Ref:2777763)   #29
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
There's an interview with the writer and executive producer of the film here that I find interesting, although some may not. Don't bother with the video. It's the same one we've already seen.

Thanks Strider, hope its as good as the article indicates. Sound very special just like the man was!
Old 21 Oct 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2777881)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, if Viviane and Bianca were so touched, then this movie must have something really impressive.
That can be important in a country known for its short memory and a culture without a history...
Old 22 Oct 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2778318)   #31
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Mansell and the sparks (band name?)
My God! If Mansell joined Sparks, there would be 2 band members with dodgy 'taches
Old 28 Oct 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2781425)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A good source of latest news and info on the Senna movie, be it about content or launch and rollout plans is available via the movie writer and producer's twitter page.

(click on @mpandey69 to go to his latest page of info and comments on the movie.)
Old 29 Oct 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2781906)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Another link for those interested in news of the movie...:

Senna - The Movie: website
Old 24 Nov 2010, 06:31 (Ref:2795018)   #34
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I see Saward has written a great article about the film, including quoting a gem of an article he penned about Senna and Prost from c1990
“Twenty years from now racing fans will look back at the late 1980s and early 1990s as a great era when two huge talents, Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna, met head-on in Formula 1.....

Well worth a read IMO.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2795096)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The movie is great. It's hard to avoid coming into tears when we start to see Senna in the blue/white barclays suits and all that led to that tragic weekend.
Old 24 Nov 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2795109)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I was never great fan of his, although I was a great fan of watching his qualifying if that makes sense, and recall great pleasure from watching his qualifying laps live at various circuits, the last time at Adelaide.

However I will most certainly be trying to see the movie.... hopefully it will be released here (Australia) to coincide with our GP which seems to be the movie release startegy in markets with a current GP.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2800559)   #37
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Senna movie up for Sundance award

The Senna movie seems to be making a name for itself with the powers that be in the film industry, and has been short listed for a prestigious award at the influential Sundance Film Festival.

'Senna' was picked out along with 11 other movies from almost 800 submissions for the World Cinema Documentary Section -

Good news for those in the US and Canada as the movie has been confirmed will have its North American premier at the event which takes place next January.
Old 6 Dec 2010, 23:11 (Ref:2800610)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I think it's about time I made a comment here. *yawn*
I feel slightly the same, it's another Senna movie. The subject has been done to death really, just this time it is on a slightly bigger screen.

I haven't watched "A Star Named Ayrton Senna" since I was a wee boy with a puny little portable TV in my bedroom so I could achieve a similar thing by just watching that on my big, ****-off LCD TV and save myself the time and money of going to the pictures.

I will probably still go and see it.
Old 7 Dec 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2800633)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I liked it a lot... and I was never a Senna fan... but it's F1 in the spotlight, you know, in a time when... well, it was F1.
Old 20 Jan 2011, 11:29 (Ref:2818227)   #40
F136
Rookie

F136 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Movie Ayrton Senna

The film ‘Senna’ is set for a June release in the United Kingdom, with other European countries also poised to see the much-awaited film this year. Premiered in his native Brazil in the same week as last year’s São Paulo Grand Prix, which was staged in early November, only a select few Senna family members and Formula 1 paddock insiders have so far been able to watch the film.

“Universal, who are distributing it, have set a release date for 3 June for the United Kingdom - that’s a big release date,” Manish Pandey, Writer and Executive Producer for ‘Senna’, explained on Peter Windsor’s The Flying Lap webcast on Wednesday night.

“There’s a release date around then, perhaps a bit earlier, for France and there’s a release in Italy for February. Then we’re going to Germany at some point in July and Australia, but that date hasn’t been set.”

with loads love
f136

Last edited by Bononi; 20 Jan 2011 at 23:51. Reason: Promotion of another website
Old 20 Jan 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2818230)   #41
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
KEEN!

Just really frustrating that it can't be rolled out all over the world at the same time....
Old 20 Jan 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2818251)   #42
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
We already have a Senna Movie thread discussing all aspects of the movie HERE
Old 23 Jan 2011, 03:02 (Ref:2819411)   #43
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
LA Times Senna movie review

Clearly the movie was a hit in the review, and I presume that is now on general release in the US of A. Perhaps someone from that area can fill us in with a confirmation one way or the other.

An interesting quote from the review regarding Ron Dennis' reaction on seeing it for the first time....

Quote:
"After the film ended, Ron Dennis cried for 10 minutes," Pandey said. "Then he sat and talked about Senna for two hours." Such is the power of this man, and this film.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2819514)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That's my review, almost 2 months ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I liked it a lot... and I was never a Senna fan... but it's F1 in the spotlight, you know, in a time when... well, it was F1.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2822692)   #45
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
This from Bruno himself:
Quote:
Yes, the movie has won the World Cinema Audience Award: Documentary at the Sundance Festival. Hopefully it will be great news for the launches in Europe and the US!!
I'm sure it will; just wish I didn't have to wait until June to see it!
Old 20 Feb 2011, 02:41 (Ref:2834068)   #46
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The movie is out in New York and Los Angles this week only. I went today at the Encino showing and it was better then expected. The Senna vs Prost duel was in fantastic detail of stuff I never knew about; especially Japan 89 crash scenario. It is showing at 1:45 & 3:45 at the Laemmle 5 Theatre in Encino, near Los Angeles until the 24th. Go see it. It might be your last chance in the USA. They are evaluating popularity and at the 3:45 pm Saturday showing capacity was at 50%.

10 out of 10! GREAT MOVIE!!!!
Old 20 Feb 2011, 03:11 (Ref:2834072)   #47
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awesome. I hate living in this stick and ball infested ****hole.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 13:32 (Ref:2834207)   #48
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
June 3rd is the date for the UK.
Old 26 Mar 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2853780)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I know I keep dragging this back from the depths of previous pages, but I make no apology because I think that when you've seen the film you'll understand why.

Here's the trailer for the UK version of the film, courtesy of James Allen.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2854846)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I tell you, it's worth the waiting.