Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2006, 02:50 (Ref:1691166)   #1
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumacher nets controversial win after running into rival

Quote:
Stefan Schumacher won the Tour of Benelux in controversial fashion after accidentally bringing down race leader George Hincapie in the final sprint.
The German, who started the day three seconds behind the American, said it was an accident as he had to swerve after being obstructed by a fan.

The four-second bonus awarded for his third-place finish gave Schumacher a one-second margin over Hincapie.

Hincapie lodged an appeal but Schumacher was confirmed as champion.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/5279372.stm

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 25 Aug 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1691171)   #2
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That will give JV another occasion to blast MS !!
Old 25 Aug 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1691225)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No matter what Schumacher it is they always manage to 'accidentally' take someone out...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Aug 2006, 08:17 (Ref:1691247)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So not only is Michael Schumacher tarnished in everything, but now anyone with the name Schumacher?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1691306)   #5
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it hereditary?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 10:42 (Ref:1691341)   #6
Blue Penguin
Rookie

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Blue Penguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It just goes with the name

FRANCE v GERMANY 1982
The artistic French team led by the brilliant playmaker Michel Platini lost this World Cup semi-final after one of history's most shocking fouls went unpunished.
In the second half, France's Patrick Battiston was played clean through, with only German goalkeeper Harald Schumacher to beat. Schumacher launched himself at Battiston and his hips smashed into the Frenchman's face, leaving him unconscious with a broken jaw. While Battiston was stretchered off, to spend months in recovery, the referee awarded a goal-kick.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:31 (Ref:1691367)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Shoe-makers obviously have a long history of "Putting the boot in".
Old 25 Aug 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1691420)   #8
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
HaHaHa,

I did watch the whole event life on TV and poor Schumacher in this case was not to blame at all, he was hit by a spectator, (proven by a bruise on his left arm) and instinctively moved out of the way. Poor Hincapie was just close enough behind him to have his frontwheel cut out from underneath him and making him fall down. Slow motion TV gave a clear verdict that S could do little else.

Schumacher was the first to apologise and the organisers made him wear the read jersey during the winning ceremonies. He was less than happy with the win.

Of course these things do help to fuel the antipathy that some of you, ignoscenti, have against somebody else who happens to carry the same, very common, German name.

Last edited by henk4; 25 Aug 2006 at 12:41.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1691437)   #9
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh... Party Pooper. It's only a joke.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Aug 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1691449)   #10
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Oh... Party Pooper. It's only a joke.
that's why i started with HaHaHa, the international expression of laughter....
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1691494)   #11
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4

I did watch the whole event life on TV and poor Schumacher in this case was not to blame at all, he was hit by a spectator, (proven by a bruise on his left arm) and instinctively moved out of the way.
Hit by a spectator ? I did not know that some of you guys disliked Schuey as much as going to cycling events in order to hit cyclists with a familiar name...
Old 25 Aug 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1691525)   #12
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If indeed the name Schumacher applies, Perhaps Stefan will also become the greatest champion in his sport......

Old 25 Aug 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1691547)   #13
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Karimbo, MS is my favorite driver still in F1 (yes, a JV fan who likes MS!). I posted it not to bash MS but because I thought it was amusing. Just change the words relating to bicycling to auto racing and "Stefan" to "Michael" and it sounds just like the controversies surrounding MS.

3 Heinz-Harald Frentzen Williams-Renault 42 (1 win, 1 pole)

Anyone could have won in the 97' Williams...
Old 25 Aug 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1691604)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The similarities are endless, I'm sure.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1691712)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a good job I'd already heard about this - otherwise I'd've been confused for a few seconds.

Amazing coincidence that three unrelated Schumachers in 3 different sports have been involved in such similar controversies in 3 different decades.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1691717)   #16
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to mention baseball pitcher Hal Schumacher of the Giants in 1939...

"...when I was with the Cards, Hal Schumacher of the Giants threw two pitches in a row behind me. Well, that's considered very bad form, because the same reflexes that normally would get you out of the way will tend to drop you right into the path of the pitch. When I lifted myself up out of the dirt that second time, I was mad - though not so mad that I couldn't remember all those stimulating conversations I'd had with Edd Roush [regarding pay back after being knocked down]. I hit a little weak ground ball to the shortstop - par for me - and as I was crossing first base I kicked out with my spikes and tried to do to Zeke Bunura what Roush had done to [Charlie] Grimm [cut his leg very badly with his spikes]. Instead, I barely caught his heel. That left Zeke mobile enough to wheel around and fire the ball at me. I turned around and - whoosh - the ball was whistling past my ear. Right behind the ball came Big Zeke himself, bearing down on me like a freight train. Boy, I took a lunge at him and held on for dear life so that all those calmer heads which are supposed to prevail could get a chance to do their job."

- Leo Durocher
Old 29 Aug 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1696003)   #17
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
Hit by a spectator ? I did not know that some of you guys disliked Schuey as much as going to cycling events in order to hit cyclists with a familiar name...
let me be a party pooper one more time.
He was touched by a spectator. The race was in Belgium and a Belgian rider (Philippe Gilbert) was about to win the stage (40 metres ahead of the chasing peloton). The supporter strectced out his arm in excitement, seeing Gilbert passing the line, and at the same moment Schumacher drove by. So no intentional hit, just a freak event.

On another note, the infamous Dr. Ferrari has been mentioned several time in connection to doping problems in Italian cycling...