Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Sep 2000, 21:03 (Ref:35179)   #26
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Tell ya what, Sarah - You borrow our tent, and we'll sleep on the grass!

Don't worry Craig. I'll get Sparky Junior to fend him off - she scares me, and I'm her Dad!

Old 5 Sep 2000, 21:51 (Ref:35184)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sparky, don't offer - even in jest - you'll never hear the end of it. Then again, if we are unlucky enough to meet him again, we'll never see the back of him

Sarah, please don't bring him again - we were very polite last time, but if he were to carry on like he did at Snetterton again, I could see us falling out.
Old 5 Sep 2000, 22:05 (Ref:35188)   #28
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craig's right on this one. I for one did not appreciate standing watching the feature race and having beer bottles kicked at me by your brother.
Okay, so a lot of people had a lot to drink at Snetterton (I didn't), but at least everyone else there was pleasant company that night.
Old 6 Sep 2000, 18:36 (Ref:35373)   #29
Sarah
Rookie

Sarah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I have to bring him as he is paying and I couldn't afford it otherwise, but he is bringing a friend so you shouldn't see them because they will probably be in the bar or passed out in the tent!
Old 6 Sep 2000, 18:54 (Ref:35378)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Oh, it gets worse - he's bringing a friend ? God help us

So, he'll be in the bar all day ? Right, i'll be bringing my own beer then, so we don't have to go in there.

Please do warn him though, if he tries to pester us again, he might get a suprise...
Old 6 Sep 2000, 19:15 (Ref:35382)   #31
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll bring my lightsabre....
Old 6 Sep 2000, 19:15 (Ref:35383)   #32
Sarah
Rookie

His friend is not as bad as my brother and they have both told me they will be in the bar. I have already warned him and my father had that if he acts like he did at Snetterton he will not be coming with me again.
Old 6 Sep 2000, 20:43 (Ref:35402)   #33
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Sarah . . . . .Your brother well I wouldn't bring him over to meet this lot again in a hurry! But i'm sure YOU (and only you) would be welcome.
Old 6 Sep 2000, 21:09 (Ref:35414)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ok, sarah? what if we lose him?
Old 6 Sep 2000, 21:28 (Ref:35424)   #35
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We tried to lose him at Snetterton, it proved to be Mission Impossible
Old 6 Sep 2000, 23:26 (Ref:35456)   #36
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Mission Impossible... On the one hand, he looks nothing like Tom Cruise. On the other, we could easily hang him from the ceiling on cables!!

By the sound of things, Sarah, I'd keep 'Bro' well out of the way!

Old 7 Sep 2000, 20:18 (Ref:35569)   #37
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By all these comments Sarah, I should point out that no one has anything against you, just your noisey Bro
Look forward to seeing YOU there though
Old 11 Sep 2000, 18:31 (Ref:36496)   #38
Carrie
Veteran

Right now, I think attendence at Silverstone is going to be dependent upon the petrol situation
Old 11 Sep 2000, 18:36 (Ref:36500)   #39
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Carrie, as I just said on ICQ, if you do want to go, i'll sort out a way to get you there - one way or another... leave it to me. All you have to do is let me know
Old 11 Sep 2000, 18:52 (Ref:36511)   #40
Sarah
Rookie

I might not be able to make it to Silverstone, I have only got quarter of a tank of petrol and all the petrol stations in West Wales are empty.
Old 11 Sep 2000, 19:05 (Ref:36517)   #41
Carrie
Veteran

I'm not going to ask what sorts of methods you might be considering employing Craig
Old 11 Sep 2000, 19:19 (Ref:36528)   #42
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I have a bicycle which you are more than welcome to borrow...
Old 11 Sep 2000, 19:41 (Ref:36536)   #43
Carrie
Veteran

ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11 Sep 2000, 20:48 (Ref:36552)   #44
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I glad I live near Silverstone. If anyone is struggling with petrol on the weekend, if they can get on a train to Milton Keynes train station then I can pick you up from the station. I filled up today and that will last me 2 weeks if I don't go into Aylesbury anymore. That offer is for Friday evening or Saturday morning.
Old 11 Sep 2000, 22:44 (Ref:36589)   #45
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is interested, I have just perfected my "matter transfer system".
It works in a similar way to the transporters on Star Trek but makes a slightly different noise....more like a weasel being garotted.
If anyone would like to test it out I'll be happy to oblige.
I tried it last night with a stray dog and Trude Mostue is currently trying to remove it's head from it's arse....should be okay by Friday tho'
Old 11 Sep 2000, 23:01 (Ref:36592)   #46
Lorna
Veteran

Sooooo.......... train anyone?
Old 12 Sep 2000, 07:56 (Ref:36660)   #47
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will get there some how - thanks for the offer Lorna. Am hoping to get to testing on Friday . . . . . still ok to stop at yours??
Old 12 Sep 2000, 08:12 (Ref:36661)   #48
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if there are buses on saturday to silvestone, from northampton?
Old 12 Sep 2000, 18:23 (Ref:36779)   #49
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's more likely to be called off than not.
i'm saving 50 litres in my tank for silverstone, so i'll be ok. if it's easier for anyone, i'll pick them up from cambridge station, or somewhere in between my house and silverstone......everything seems to be against me going to see races at the moment....
Old 12 Sep 2000, 19:41 (Ref:36797)   #50
Lorna
Veteran

Sorry, Carrie, have I beaten you to this? There is an article on Autosport site about Silverstone and the petrol shortage. Everything is going ahead as planned. They have made sure they have enough petrol in the circuit. Just have to rely on the teams to make sure they have the diesel to get there.

Yep, still okay to come to mine on Friday:-) I've got a bottle of wine in the fridge already ;-)