Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 10 Sep 2000, 21:50 (Ref:36325)   #1
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whatever did that poor innocent advertising hoarding ever do to you to deserve that sort of treatment?
Old 10 Sep 2000, 22:03 (Ref:36336)   #2
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

I knew you were out to enjoy yourself there Rick, but...

Incidentally, there were rumours about disqualification, although more for skipping the Knickerbrook chicane one lap, than for taking out frustrations on advertising hoardings

So, does the DQ still stand, or was there a reprieve?

Fantastic charge BTW. I really enjoyed a few moves up Clay Hill...
Old 11 Sep 2000, 10:25 (Ref:36425)   #3
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A bit of a demolition derby wasn't it and it wasn't just the innocent hoarding sunning itself by the side of Clay Hill that took a small knock!

The ActiveShop clio has damage on EVERY panel!

For those who didn't see me brutally mowing down the Redstone board in its prime, I got spun onto the grass, got it all going again, the cockpit was filling with smoke and I was a bit concerned so was looking into the passenger footwell to check for flames and when I looked up, there was this hoarding, about 5ft high and 10ft wide, sitting there minding its own business and a detour would've meant swerving onto the track. Since there was no mirror left on the drivers door, this would've been risky and so I middled it!
To give you some idea of the level of concentration, I never looked at my handywork for the rest of the race so I have no idea what happened to the sign, it did seem to shatter when I hit it though?
There were some corking moves though weren't there Chris, bit of monstering of the exit curve of the chicane was the secret!
Thanks for all the support guys, I hear the air horns when I nailed the sign were the highlight of the afternoon (according the the Renault PR guy)
RickP:Clio33

Old 11 Sep 2000, 10:29 (Ref:36426)   #4
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and I did get a ten second penalty for yumping across the grass at the chicane, but I got it revoked because (although I was doing about 70mph) I claimed I wouldv'e stopped if I hadn't had to swerve on to the grass to avoid someone and all 4 wheels were stationary even if the car was still sliding ever so slowly! Yeah right!
So 9th place but at one time I was 20th! Need to get 10 points more than Jackson at Silverstone and I should be able to secure 4th in the Championship
Old 11 Sep 2000, 21:00 (Ref:36556)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who are "Redst" anyway?
Old 11 Sep 2000, 22:25 (Ref:36580)   #6
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably not the place toask this Rick, but I was comparing the qualifying times of the Clios as compared to the Class B BTCC and they aren't that far adrift.

With some modifications, could the Clios compete?
Old 12 Sep 2000, 07:54 (Ref:36659)   #7
Veteran

England
Zurich
There is a class B clio competing in the Dutch touring cars who are racing with the NSC at Spa soon. Built by WSR it is pretty swift, will beinteresting to see how it would compare.
Unfortunately, the Clio is too short for Class A next year and the cost of running a class B vs a Class A is not significant so making class B a bit pointless.
The reason we get so close to the Class B times is because although they have an extra 80 bhp approx, they have a manual gearbox and weigh about 200kg more. (plus none of them are any good!! :-) )
RickP:Clio33
Old 12 Sep 2000, 18:15 (Ref:36776)   #8
davy
Rookie

davy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

rick... you should of heard the rest of the crowd when you went though the redstone board... i if everyone who saw you did that had a right good laugh at it
Old 12 Sep 2000, 18:17 (Ref:36777)   #9
davy
Rookie

davy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May i change the subject brifly here please??? i just wonder how many welsh blokes are going to be there at Silverstone,,, please god, dont send the one from Oulton Park!!!!!!!
Old 12 Sep 2000, 18:40 (Ref:36785)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Davy, if you're going to change the subject do not deliberately set out to frighten people. Mention of Welsh Blokes could easily get people shuddering and thinking back to Snetterton Also any mention of Wales is likely to get Pete in here wittering on about what a frightening place it is
Old 15 Sep 2000, 11:00 (Ref:37293)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sarah's brother will not be there as they can't get petrol. She had planned to go but was forced to cancel.

Does anyone have a picture of Rick v. Sign?

P.S. Thanks awfully for the photo, Rick! It's now on my wall between my autographed photos of Jean Alesi and Dario.
Old 15 Sep 2000, 11:51 (Ref:37301)   #12
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe they didn't show the Rick v Redstone sign on Chequered Flag!! (Mind you, I can't believe I was actually awake to watch it on TV either...) One of the best incidents of the whole race (unless you were Rick!), even mentioned by the TOCA commentators and Autosport - and they missed it out!

I don't think we have any pictures this time, but then again I won't know what we do have pictures of until I get them developed.