Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Feb 2004, 01:47 (Ref:882351)   #51
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Dixon vs Junqueira, good points Snrub. But I'm afarid you answer your own question. Where are the posts about Junqueira?

I agree, at that stage Junqueira was a far more mature driver. That's because he was a far more mature, he's 4 years older and by that stage he'd already had a number of years in F3.

Currently, I'd say Dixon is one of the best prospects for a US team because; A) he has the profile with both the public and the power players (Ganassi and Toyota obviously think he's an alright sort of guy) and B) he's about the right age, and one his way up the ladder.

As for Red Bull stumping up with the cash, $200 Million ain't a hell of a lot if they call it a global marketing initiative (Remembering they paid $5 Mil for some kid from some place to paint his helmet like a Red Bull can and jump in a Jaguar!).
Old 23 Feb 2004, 08:58 (Ref:882539)   #52
bumpsteer
Rookie

bumpsteer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Red Bull is the only way the USA will get its 'own' F1 team in the near future. They have a history of supporting the slightly non-conventional and their marketing strategy in the USA will becocme more aggresive over the next couple of years. I wouldn't expect a big sponsorship programme in NASCAR, if any, and their way into F1 team ownership could come via the Jaguar team. When you look at the business they do in the USA its incredible.
Old 23 Feb 2004, 10:44 (Ref:882642)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
As far as i can tell Scott is a major talent end of story. His ambition is F1 and there is every chance he'll be there next year US team or not!

Why else would Toyota have insisted he move from CART to IRL (where there would be no road races) if there wasn't going to be the promise of some more high profile road racing opportunities a little way down the line for him?

Dixon wanted to stay in CART because he thought IRL would hamper his F1 chances. Toyota convinced him to make the move...now i suspect that it was down to more than just money!

When Honda came back to F1 in late 90's i thought that Ganassi was in frame to run that, before BAR got the deal because at that time he Honda and Zanardi were mega.

Now though, he's with Toyota and runs one of their main proteges. If Dixon doesn't end up with Toyota's works team (or Williams, considering Ganassi-Williams relationship) then what's to say Toyota won't supply engines to a Ganassi F1 assault with Scott and an American on the driving strength? Highly possible

The American i'd then choose would be JEFF GORDON...If they could get him away from GM, there's be massive PR potential for F1.