Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:56 (Ref:1026936)   #1
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MALLORY PARK, NR HINCKLEY, LEICESTERSHIRE Mallory Park, VSCC racing at its best.

Just to remind you all that the VSCC will be at play on 25th July at Mallory Park, nr Hinkley, Leics.

This is the only place in the world where you can see a full grid of Edwardians raging round the track!

I'm making my annual pilgrimage to exercise the Bearcat properly.

Its excellent value for enthusiasts at £10 on the gate or £8 from the VSCC office in advance (01608 644777). Its the only British circuit where you can see virtually the whole lap from the spectator's hill.

Last year the vintage car park was amazing!

Volunteering marshalls are always welcomed.

See you there?

Steve McQueen.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 17:20 (Ref:1026971)   #2
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: MALLORY PARK, NR HINCKLEY, LEICESTERSHIREMallory Park, VSCC racing at its best.

Quote:
Originally posted by eclectic
Its the only British circuit where you can see virtually the whole lap from the spectator's hill.
Enjoy your meeting.

Two other circuits that spring to mind with 'seeing most of them from one point' are Brands Indy from the Paddock Hill stand and Anglesey from the Radar Complex.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 19:47 (Ref:1027119)   #3
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
................and Lydden.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 19:54 (Ref:1027130)   #4
BugEyed
Racer

BugEyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Mike

Strangely enough, Mrs B and I will be there. This is the "must" meeting of the year as far as we are concerned - the Edwardian Race, the A7's, and the "Standard" race are unmissable. As you say, the venue and the Car Park are fantastic.

Last year we had a fantastic turnout of Marshals avoiding a "low key" meeting at another circuit - let's hope that they all enjoyed it enough to return again.

See you all there!

Duncan
Old 6 Jul 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1027795)   #5
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nana

My Grandmother came from Leicestershire, beautiful person, so ....therefore the place can't be too bad
Old 6 Jul 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1027814)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Diz and Carrera.

I believe the reference to a full grid around the track relates to the number of cars competing rather than the view.

I undersatand that this is the only race dedicated to Edwardian vehicles on the calendar.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 11:15 (Ref:1027893)   #7
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
Worth a trip to visit just to see so many Edwardians driven in anger.

Even from Turkey!

Steve McQueen.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 11:44 (Ref:1027931)   #8
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there marshalling as will Fay, have missed this meeting for past two years due to other marshalling committments.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 12:51 (Ref:1028025)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by eclectic
Worth a trip to visit just to see so many Edwardians driven in anger.
Well Mallory may be ok if I had the time but Angers?
Old 6 Jul 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1028098)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Diz I believe the reference to a full grid around the track relates to the number of cars competing rather than the view.
Thanks Peter. Silly me, I should have read the opening post correctly.
Quote:
but Angers?
Well, I am upset. Admittedly I am heavily involved with Anglesey. Have you ever been there?
Old 6 Jul 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1028115)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Angers (it was a pun) is in France.

"I generally like the food wherever I travel, except when I'm in Wales" Douglas Adams RIP.

Actually I've heard good reports but I'm in Turkey so even the possible delights of minted roast lamb don't tempt me to go there at this time.

I'm saving my leave to race at Spa in September.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 19:02 (Ref:1028399)   #12
jwd
Rookie

jwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Peter, hot Turkey for you, but I'm in Wales and chewing the most succulent lamb cooked with garlic and rosemary. I will be at Mallory with Eclectic and the Bug-eyes at one of the best meetings on the racing calendar. Perhaps Mike will take the Brasier (careful!) to be driven in Anger before a VSCC event. Hope this doesn't Rouen your wordplay.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1028427)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 16 Jul 2004, 06:42 (Ref:1037835)   #14
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
I'm leaving home today en route for Mallory, I'm much looking forward to the Edwardian race and hoping to encourage some of you who have never been to a VSCC Meeting to come along.

It is certainly something different. The paddock will be packed with unusual cars and there should be plenty of action trackside.

See you there!

Steve McQueen.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 07:02 (Ref:1037842)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Have a great weekend.

BTW. jwd I hope you ate that lamb with mashed potatoes and a cream and leek sauce!
Old 17 Jul 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1039169)   #16
jwd
Rookie

Peter, firm fresh waxy Maris Peers, onion sauce and a mix of broad beans and peas, all from farms adjacent to Ragley Hall, where I attended hill climbs in my toddling days. The home-made summer pudding was 3 out of 5 parts my own grown!

If anyone passes Eclectic walking to Mallory, he still has a week to go. Is he listening to the right music on the iPod? (The valve set is too heavy and picks up passing interference from magnetos.)
Old 18 Jul 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1039477)   #17
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be there along woth Gizmo and one or two others on a rescue unit.....
Where can we all meet up at lunchtime??
Its been years since I have been to Mallory so I have no idea where folk meet for lunch etc these days...
Look forward to putting a few more faces to names and enjoying some good racing...
Old 21 Jul 2004, 14:34 (Ref:1042217)   #18
Chris Roden
Racer

Chris Roden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
The home-made summer pudding was 3 out of 5 parts my own grown!
Does that make it VSCC eligible?

See you all there (as the small people say in the recent advert "I'm excited!!!)

Car 68, come and natter...can't promise Eligible pudding though

Last edited by Chris Roden; 21 Jul 2004 at 14:37.
Old 21 Jul 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1042331)   #19
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes indeed I will be there with blackx and a belly full of the legendary Mallory breakfast so be gentle with us up till about 3pm! As blackx says, lets meet up and chew the fat at lunchtime, Duncan, we will be in the Midland Hillclimb rescue unit, see you there?
Old 21 Jul 2004, 21:47 (Ref:1042573)   #20
jwd
Rookie

Chris, only the red was vintage and it all got lapped anyway. See you all on Sunday. I'm going to the Morris thing on Saturday, if anyone else is interested.....
Old 22 Jul 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1043320)   #21
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there as well. Weather forecast looking good. Looking forward to the Edwardians.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 15:05 (Ref:1043533)   #22
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Edwardians..Race 6

Hopefully we will have an epic three way tussle between the three Hares; the Panhard, Monarch and Indy Sunbeam, thus allowing the Tortoise to sneak off up the road.

Here's hoping!!

RT
Old 29 Jul 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1051295)   #23
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
Sorry to say the Stutz had a fit of the sulks and refused to go out to race, maybe it didn't appreciate me trying too hard in practise?

It has to be the first time I have done a 360 degree in an Edwardian. "Honestly Gov I only put my foot down hard coming out of the hairpin!"

Here are some photos of the opposition.

http://gallery85342.fotopic.net/c243732.html

Steve McQueen.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 07:10 (Ref:1051672)   #24
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jeepers!! A 360 in the Bearcat???? I'm amazed and relieved that you actually stayed aboard. I know there's the steering wheel to hold on to, but there's not a lot round the sides tucking you in.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 22:20 (Ref:1052366)   #25
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
I think it was the cheeks of my arse clamped onto the cushion that kept me in the car!

Last edited by eclectic; 30 Jul 2004 at 22:21.

Steve McQueen.