Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Jul 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3918246)   #1
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Lime Rock 2019 - Not Lime green, not a rock

Small race weekend upon us, and we're still two days away from on track action. No Prototype Challenge, no P2, no DPi, no P1H, and no Panoz GTR-1 (or even Abruzzi). I'm sure MaskedRacer will be happy with the lack of prototypes, but just to spite him I wish they were here. Would be interesting to see how current DPi and tires would compare to the 2007-2008ish lap times.

Schedule

Weather - Hurricane Barry remnants, probably. Or Global Warming.

Timing:Good, solid timing with good info

Saturday looks to be a busy day with the WeatherTech qually, Pilot race, and WeatherTech race all on the same day. Hopefully the prototypes can keep it clean so we can have a smooth, green flag weekend.

Have no idea how NBC wants to broadcast this. I'd expect qualifying and Pilot challenge to be on imsa.tv, and I anticipate that if you vpn to outside of North America, you can watch the WeatherTech race on imsa.tv as well, complete with RLM team and no commercials. Laptop -> HDMI -> most modern TVs ftw.

Discuss.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 00:37 (Ref:3918265)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's streaming on IMSA.tv as usual and NBCSports app live 300-600 EDT and then on NBCSports from 930 to 1230 EDT.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3918348)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's streaming on IMSA.tv as usual and NBCSports app live 300-600 EDT and then on NBCSports from 930 to 1230 EDT.
So about a 6 hour delay, i was wondering what that timing would be. I didn't think it would be live, but i can't watch it anyways. And isn't the IndyRace from Iowa on Saturday night?
Old 18 Jul 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3918355)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, think that's the lead-in to IMSA. Iowa at 630 pre-race, race at 7 and post-race prior to IMSA coverage.

Guess we'll have to hope for no rain delays again but then it will have been over for hours so I guess you'd know the outcome ahead of time if you really cared.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3918365)   #5
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the race intro. LR is such a cool track, a real natural terrain road course and a funky old place (so is Sebring, but different somehow :-) )

Magnus has done their car up in a commeration of the Saturn V, Apollo 11. Good on them, hope they rocket to success.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 17:02 (Ref:3918373)   #6
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Thanks for the race intro. LR is such a cool track, a real natural terrain road course and a funky old place (so is Sebring, but different somehow :-) )

Magnus has done their car up in a commeration of the Saturn V, Apollo 11. Good on them, hope they rocket to success.
Indeed. Magnus along with the other Lambo team Paul Miller Racing. Not done that great. GTD has been odd this year. Can make the case that everybody has been struggling except for the #86 Acura. In each race it has been the #86 car and someone else battling for the win. Although the #86 car seems to have a different opponent each time. With Lime Rock that could be the case again. Especially if we go safety car free.

Still I think we can see that when you can weed out the super silvers (mostly) you get more parity. It looks like one sneaky silver "sneaked" into the grid this year. That is Trent Hindman. I bet he knows the jig will be up in the off season. They are looking to dominate the rest of the season. Still the driver parity does seem to work other than the Hindman situation and I hope it will entice more GTD entries in 2020.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 20:36 (Ref:3918398)   #7
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They running the chicane(s) again?
Old 19 Jul 2019, 01:32 (Ref:3918414)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They running the chicane(s) again?
WeatherTech: yes
Pilot Challenge: no

Corvette Pace Car: both
Old 19 Jul 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3918554)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There were three practice sessions today and I missed all of them. but it turns out porsche was fastest overall and the Lamborghini was only half a second back on the GTLM BMW.

http://results.imsa.com/Results/19_2...actice%203.PDF
Old 20 Jul 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3918556)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It looks like it will be a hot hot race, tire life will be rough and get it right you'll be way out in front. And it sounds like tire selection is open and Michelin is expecting staggered decisions and tire changes
Old 20 Jul 2019, 13:16 (Ref:3918602)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
It looks like it will be a hot hot race, tire life will be rough and get it right you'll be way out in front. And it sounds like tire selection is open and Michelin is expecting staggered decisions and tire changes
That is an interesting aspect of this race. Some teams will mix compounds front to back, left to right, and which tires will they change on stops? Could be tire strategy that decides this thing.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3918606)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And I think setup is already showing, Porsche has been fast early but no where late in the day. The race is late in the day so pole might be great but you need to be fast in the heat not the morning temps. I'm thinking we'll see more than a few offs and cars wearing their tires out completely. I'll have to see if I can get NBCSports to work on Apple TV and remind myself to listen live while working in the kitchen.

For all the 95 degree days this week it's now been raining here all morning in Atlanta, guess we'll be the only place before hellish temps in the US today. Both IMSA and Indy look like HOT races this weekend, I'm thinking turnout will be massively down for both but definitely for Iowa even though they moved to "evening" race.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3918620)   #13
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Entertaining race for Pilot Challenge, as usual.

After Watkins, it's been good to see the tires not have issues at Mosport and today. The compound hasn't changed, it's been 100% onsite problem solving by tire and team engineers.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3918626)   #14
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
And I think setup is already showing, Porsche has been fast early but no where late in the day. The race is late in the day so pole might be great but you need to be fast in the heat not the morning temps. I'm thinking we'll see more than a few offs and cars wearing their tires out completely. I'll have to see if I can get NBCSports to work on Apple TV and remind myself to listen live while working in the kitchen.

For all the 95 degree days this week it's now been raining here all morning in Atlanta, guess we'll be the only place before hellish temps in the US today. Both IMSA and Indy look like HOT races this weekend, I'm thinking turnout will be massively down for both but definitely for Iowa even though they moved to "evening" race.

Lime Rock must be neat to go as a fan. Can see the cars come by your spot every 50 seconds. Will be cheering for somebody not Porsche to win overall today. Love the Porches, but 5 in a row is enough already.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3918627)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
There's something to be said for having Michelin engineers on site and their compounds. It just seems they dedicate more to knowing every parameter and being more forceful about staying within them. Or at least that's what it looks like in most series from the outside

And I missed the afternoon practice times yesterday where Porsches were up front as well. Must have been testing in second practice where they were almost a second back
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:29 (Ref:3918631)   #16
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Clean start so far. Porsches in command. Not much to it. But still, I'd take an uneventful all GT race that is green the whole way through any day any time.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3918632)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Took about 20 minutes for GTLM/overall leaders to catch back of GTD.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3918633)   #18
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Trent Hindman dominating GTD...must be empowering being the big fish in the small pond.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3918634)   #19
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keating is giving a very good account of himself too.

TV Graphics showing the current (blank) DPi standings. Good job guys.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3918635)   #20
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Keating is giving a very good account of himself too.

TV Graphics showing the current (blank) DPi standings. Good job guys.
Hello did somebody call the computer programmer to remove that filter? Ha Ha. NBC
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3918636)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have to say, for Lime Rock, this has been a very quiet race so far. Expected a bit more side bu side. Porsche have absolutely checked out.

Edit: Ford want to prove me wrong. Good pass by the 66.
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3918637)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I missed the first 30 minutes, just turned on the nbc app. Porsche looks like they are having no trouble here
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3918638)   #23
nasdriv87
Veteran

Brazil
Brazil
nasdriv87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as usual Fox Latin America closed live coverage for us...

they are gonna show over replays and maybe after Na$car...
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3918639)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Cripes, when was the last time GTLM cars got lapped in their class on actual pace?
Old 20 Jul 2019, 19:49 (Ref:3918640)   #25
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has to be one of the worst races I've seen in a long time from a TV Production side of things.