Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Dec 2006, 21:51 (Ref:1798481)   #1
Big Harry
Rookie

Big Harry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New for 2007 Sydney based V8SC Main Series Team??

I hear that their will be a new/old v8 Supercar team in the series next year. The team will be based in sydney, has controlling share of Romano's franchise and will run a VZ. All that is left is for this to be approved by the board.
Old 23 Dec 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1798509)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A good move to have someone in Australia's largest market

If this plays out well, they should have the ears of all of the Sydney-based media (including Mr Kershler...) and promote V8Supercar and the team itself... presuming it is competitive of course, and has a name driver aboard....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Dec 2006, 02:08 (Ref:1798572)   #3
htc
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
htc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who ?????
Walden Motorsport ?
Old 24 Dec 2006, 02:24 (Ref:1798574)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who is the team & who is driving the Commodore?????????????????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Dec 2006, 03:44 (Ref:1798592)   #5
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, at least the field is EXPANDING if this is true.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 07:31 (Ref:1798634)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it will be a Commodore if it is who i think it is. He is a young driver.
Old 24 Dec 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1798893)   #7
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marcus Mashall ?
No Limit Motorsport ?
Old 24 Dec 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1798923)   #8
pete55
Veteran

I would think the team would be Jim Morton's Decina Racing, if this is true.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 10:19 (Ref:1799317)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i heard a similar thing pete Morton Deciena and driver to be Luff.
Old 26 Dec 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1799335)   #10
pete55
Veteran

What about Michael Caruso?
Old 26 Dec 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1799408)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seemingly it's not Decina, Luff or Caruso

http://ozmotorsport.com.au/node/423
Old 26 Dec 2006, 14:49 (Ref:1799413)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea what car they would have obtained? They say it is from Qld - has Morris had any cars on the market? Or is it from one of the multitude of Ford teams up there?
Old 26 Dec 2006, 22:04 (Ref:1799565)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Release on Ozmotorsport webpage
Walden Motorsport Pty Ltd has purchased a majority share holding in Romano Racing Pty Ltd & will be moving the operation to western Sydney so that Sydney once again will have a team in the V8 Supercar Championship Series to call there own.
The powder room is said to be surprised at this pronouncement, and directed our attentions to the controllers of legal entities in this fair land...

Their wonder centred around if you were to go to somewhere really cool, like say the ASIC website, and looked up Romano Racing Pty Ltd as to whether the legal entity is registered with them or not.

Oops, it doesnt seem to exist.

The powder room wondered too, if you were to own an asset as a person, as opposed to a legal entity, quite how you can sell a controlling interest in it? Like your house. You can sell it to Fred Nurk, but you cant sell a controlling interest that says he can use it 95% of the time... it just doesnt happen...

It smells of a methodology to extend the capability of the franchise to remain out of TEGA's hands... a car with bottom 5 potential takes its place in the series all year, the "no lease" rule resets at season's end, then next year it finds its way back on the rent-a-licence rotation...

Presuming any of this actually happened of course
Old 26 Dec 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1799592)   #14
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never the logistical ********, its another car on the grid.

What will he be driving??
Old 26 Dec 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1799597)   #15
pete55
Veteran

There was a rumour around that the Romano franchise had already been sold quite a few months ago to 3 brothers (i think). I don't know how much truth is in that rumour though.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 01:47 (Ref:1799679)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
so we can say:

Walden Motorsport
#24 - WAL - TBA - Garth Walden - TBA
Old 27 Dec 2006, 01:49 (Ref:1799680)   #17
Jason Whittaker
Rookie

Jason Whittaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian Walden is confident of having a V8 Supercar on the grid for the Clipsal 500 in March, but the TEGA board still needs to rubber-stamp the plan.

The board is not due to meet until January 22. Walden is trying to organise a phone hook-up to get an agreement sooner.

It will need to be a phone meeting, as members including Triple Eight's Roland Dane are currently overseas.

As Walden points out, waiting until the next board meeting would only leave him a few weeks to get up his new team.

But he's told me he's confident about the decision.

"I really can't see how or why they would stop us," he says.

Walden has purchased a 51 percent stake in the Romano Racing L1 franchise and is working to establish a new outfit in western Sydney.

He wouldn't reveal the car or driver he's lined up ahead of the final decision by TEGA.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 02:01 (Ref:1799683)   #18
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i think Garth will come back to driving for them
Old 27 Dec 2006, 03:16 (Ref:1799695)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Whittaker
Brian Walden is confident of having a V8 Supercar on the grid for the Clipsal 500 in March, but the TEGA board still needs to rubber-stamp the plan.

The board is not due to meet until January 22. Walden is trying to organise a phone hook-up to get an agreement sooner.

It will need to be a phone meeting, as members including Triple Eight's Roland Dane are currently overseas.

As Walden points out, waiting until the next board meeting would only leave him a few weeks to get up his new team.

But he's told me he's confident about the decision.

"I really can't see how or why they would stop us," he says.

Walden has purchased a 51 percent stake in the Romano Racing L1 franchise and is working to establish a new outfit in western Sydney.

He wouldn't reveal the car or driver he's lined up ahead of the final decision by TEGA.
If the confidence is so high, why do they have to wait for the approval before progressing with the team's formation & sourcing of equipment and personnel?

Even if TEGA says no, the car can be run in the name of Romano Racing, owner of the franchise at the moment....

It will be interesting to see if a fractional ownership of a franchise licence slot is to TEGA's liking... its one of the issues allegedly raised some time ago, specifically about finance companies and merchant banks' venture capital arms taking out blocks of franchise licence slots because of their strong financial return, and oddball leases/partnerships being used to wrest apparent control to the team owner.... or not
Old 27 Dec 2006, 03:43 (Ref:1799699)   #20
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
did you and your mates miss out on this one GTR, you seem very bitter about it . two negative posts in a row about it

Quoting ASIC websites for something that happened on the final working day before Christmas and there hasnt been a working day since. surely they have 28 days to make that sort of thing happen from a company point of view (change of directors , change in shareholding, change of place of business etc)

edit and then one notices that ASIC is closed until the 2nd of Jan. seems your powder room lakes research ability (and your an accountant, probably a memebre of the institute too )

Last edited by peckstar; 27 Dec 2006 at 03:48.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 04:12 (Ref:1799704)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
did you and your mates miss out on this one GTR, you seem very bitter about it . two negative posts in a row about it

Quoting ASIC websites for something that happened on the final working day before Christmas and there hasnt been a working day since. surely they have 28 days to make that sort of thing happen from a company point of view (change of directors , change in shareholding, change of place of business etc)

edit and then one notices that ASIC is closed until the 2nd of Jan. seems your powder room lakes research ability (and your an accountant, probably a memebre of the institute too )
Going on the past on track performances of the key stakeholders here, I am not jumping up and down at the thought of their rejoining the main series.

Sorry that I dont subscribe to the theory that any addition to the grid is a good addition to the grid.

You have obviously misread the context of the use of the ASIC websites too, where events that happened in past years are missing from the event trail. I dont recall putting out a press release with the wrong factual information in it... I shall leave that for other people to complete...
Old 27 Dec 2006, 05:25 (Ref:1799714)   #22
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
Any idea what car they would have obtained? They say it is from Qld - has Morris had any cars on the market? Or is it from one of the multitude of Ford teams up there?
Unless they were planning to buy the TKR machine that was smashed at Bathurst, I would imagine that it would be a Ford.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1799717)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmookeyj033
Unless they were planning to buy the TKR machine that was smashed at Bathurst, I would imagine that it would be a Ford.
Not necessarily... 'Silver Streak' is ineligible isnt it?? 'A for Astro' however may still be in the PMM garage...

There is a lot to be said for a program similar to the IRCA package, where the car is a known quantity, the team is plugged into an engine development program, the team is equipped with some sensible engineering and preparation types... and a half decent, conservative driver...

... there are results to be had for the sensible and clever...
Old 27 Dec 2006, 06:11 (Ref:1799725)   #24
Jason Whittaker
Rookie

Jason Whittaker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
If the confidence is so high, why do they have to wait for the approval before progressing with the team's formation & sourcing of equipment and personnel?
They're not waiting. They're pulling stuff together. But there's only so much you'd want to do without the thing being rubber stamped.
Old 27 Dec 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1799727)   #25
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one hopes that is one rubber stamp that will bounce!