Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Apr 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4150433)   #2101
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I suppose it enforces that there’s no new teams knocking on the door, otherwise I’m sure the TBLs per team would soon be limited again. If Hard are granted 5 (or 6..?) when they can barely run one car in the points…

So… they had 4 TBLs, plus the Boardley one last year, then sold one of their’s to PMR, correct? So whose is the extra one - must be Moffat's or Dynamics’?
Yes, my best guess is that its an ex-Moffat TBL. With some work on the cars over the winter I'd hope at least 2 or 3 entries (Thompson, Lloyd, and/or Patterson) can regularly get into the points.

Across a maximum of 29 entries, there's only 8 unique teams (Motorbase, EXCELR8, WSR, Speedworks, OneMotorsport, PMR, HARD, and Dynamics*). Go back to 2015 and there were 17/18 (!) - WSR, Support our Paras, Dynamics, 888, BMR, Motorbase, Speedworks, Handy (running with support from Speedworks) Welch, Parker, Ciceley, Moffat, PMR, AmD, HARD, Eurotech, Rob Austin, and Houseman.
Old 4 Apr 2023, 20:11 (Ref:4150434)   #2102
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I suppose it enforces that there’s no new teams knocking on the door, otherwise I’m sure the TBLs per team would soon be limited again. If Hard are granted 5 (or 6..?) when they can barely run one car in the points…

So… they had 4 TBLs, plus the Boardley one last year, then sold one of their’s to PMR, correct? So whose is the extra one - must be Moffat's or Dynamics’?
What happened to the much mentions Graves entry? Just another Kite flying story?
Old 4 Apr 2023, 20:19 (Ref:4150435)   #2103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What happened to the much mentions Graves entry? Just another Kite flying story?
The Porsche Visit Cayman Islands Sprint Challenge GB
Old 4 Apr 2023, 20:19 (Ref:4150436)   #2104
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Their expected funding went elsewhere!
Old 4 Apr 2023, 20:50 (Ref:4150437)   #2105
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Team Dynamics this year. (Latest from Brands Hatch testing today.)
Old 4 Apr 2023, 21:17 (Ref:4150439)   #2106
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
No Team Dynamics this year. (Latest from Brands Hatch testing today.)
I don’t get why they haven’t announced it then if so rumours are true! Why would they wait a week before media day? Plus if they was not taking part this year wouldn’t they have announced it the same time adam Morgan’s team did?
Old 4 Apr 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4150440)   #2107
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
I don’t get why they haven’t announced it then if so rumours are true! Why would they wait a week before media day? Plus if they was not taking part this year wouldn’t they have announced it the same time adam Morgan’s team did?
What?

Why would they announce it at the same time as Ciceley? Not sure i follow your thinking there?

Dynamics were trying desperately to stay in the championship, for weeks after the Ciceley announcement.

"Not sure if serious?"
Old 4 Apr 2023, 21:30 (Ref:4150442)   #2108
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
What?

Why would they announce it at the same time as Ciceley? Not sure i follow your thinking there?

Dynamics were trying desperately to stay in the championship, for weeks after the Ciceley announcement.

"Not sure if serious?"
I meant around the same time period my bad! Only thing I can think of is that they’ve been really really good on being quiet and might have something massive coming who knows!
Old 4 Apr 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4150445)   #2109
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I meant around the same time period my bad! Only thing I can think of is that they’ve been really really good on being quiet and might have something massive coming who knows!
I think with probably around half a dozen different posters having heard and/or hinted they’re dropping out, we can draw a reasonably safe conclusion…
Old 4 Apr 2023, 22:21 (Ref:4150447)   #2110
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Across a maximum of 29 entries, there's only 8 unique teams (Motorbase, EXCELR8, WSR, Speedworks, OneMotorsport, PMR, HARD, and Dynamics*). Go back to 2015 and there were 17/18 (!) - WSR, Support our Paras, Dynamics, 888, BMR, Motorbase, Speedworks, Handy (running with support from Speedworks) Welch, Parker, Ciceley, Moffat, PMR, AmD, HARD, Eurotech, Rob Austin, and Houseman.
Wow that’s more than I thought! Of course the upside now is the teams are running much larger operations, at least in terms of cars and sponsor deals covering 3-4 of them, and - for the most part! - they’re all operating to a very high standard.
Old 4 Apr 2023, 23:07 (Ref:4150448)   #2111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It would be nice to have a few more teams, but I understand why teams are running more cars. There is good quality in the teams, especially the top ones. Of course one or two more teams wouldn't go amiss
Old 5 Apr 2023, 06:11 (Ref:4150457)   #2112
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Their expected funding went elsewhere!
Ah that old story. We will do this , this and this - subject to securing funding ……kite flying
Old 5 Apr 2023, 06:21 (Ref:4150458)   #2113
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow that’s more than I thought! Of course the upside now is the teams are running much larger operations, at least in terms of cars and sponsor deals covering 3-4 of them, and - for the most part! - they’re all operating to a very high standard.
Interested to know who isn't operating to a high standard... in your opinion of course
Old 5 Apr 2023, 06:55 (Ref:4150460)   #2114
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
You don’t really announce that you haven’t attracted any drivers with enough money though (assuming they aren’t doing something last minute).
Old 5 Apr 2023, 07:20 (Ref:4150461)   #2115
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Still trying to get a deal, presumably, until the cut-off point
Old 5 Apr 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4150464)   #2116
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we should see Dynamics back. Although it would also be nice if we could have another team with a new car. There could be an opportunity there. Would love to see TPR back
Old 5 Apr 2023, 08:22 (Ref:4150466)   #2117
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Interested to know who isn't operating to a high standard... in your opinion of course
Relative to the others, Hard, in terms of reliability and performance from what’ve seen (and heard from many disgruntled drivers) consistently over many seasons.
Old 5 Apr 2023, 09:26 (Ref:4150471)   #2118
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Relative to the others, Hard, in terms of reliability and performance from what’ve seen (and heard from many disgruntled drivers) consistently over many seasons.
Fair point, and yes they have been there for many seasons despite being a family team up against the open chequebooks of NAPA and BTC Also if they weren't on the grid, who would you have to complain about? You seriously underestimate the work that goes into getting on the BTCC grid, and staying there. Your opinion though, and I respect that.
Old 5 Apr 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4150472)   #2119
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Shame if there really is no Team Dynamics. They have been one of the longest serving teams in the BTCC. I guess no Honda backing and the scrum for sponsorship has caught up with them?
Old 5 Apr 2023, 10:40 (Ref:4150475)   #2120
Csaba
Racer

Hungary
Csaba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, beside being sad for Dynamics missing out on a grid spot, I've noticed something interesting on the forum in the last few days.
I also have to admit I didn't read the thread too often in the last 2-3 months, so maybe some things have changed ?

People being happy for Jade getting the 5th Cupra. People not worrying about Team Hard having 5 cars again, after the mess they did with Parfitt's entry/car last year?
I also want to wish them all the best, but as someone already mentioned above, they usually have 1 capable combination of driver/car, and one more driver scoring points in every 3/4 races on average out of 4-5 entries.
Maybe this year they will have 2-2.5 with occasional good performances from Patterson. But (sadly) Butel and Edwards will be there just to make up the grid numbers. I don't want to be rude, but they were clearly outperformed (while driving competitive cars) by a duo of a rookie and Crees (who is considered by many as semi-amateur even to this day, despite his results) at PMR, running with Astras as old as the mountains by touring car standards.
Yes, I know that we are in the Jack Goff situation of being on the grid is better than nothing, but just having them on the grid to run in 22-26th positions.

On the other hand, loosing Dynamics will be really noticeable on the Honda front, even more if One Motorsport won't run the 3rd Civic and Moffat can't compete at the level of Cook.
Is it 90+ percent sure of One Motorsport running the third Honda?
Old 5 Apr 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4150477)   #2121
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I predicted the Dynamics sabbatical.
Do I get a prize?
Really hope it isn't, as mentioned by someone else, a Team Parker deal.

I wonder what held up their offer of the two works supported Cupras for TCR? How could they not raise the money for that I wonder?
Old 5 Apr 2023, 11:09 (Ref:4150479)   #2122
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite the constant speculation, I’m still surprised to see it actually happen.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...3-btcc-season/
Old 5 Apr 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4150480)   #2123
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another team switching from TOCA to bespoke powerplants...
Old 5 Apr 2023, 11:24 (Ref:4150482)   #2124
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Another team switching from TOCA to bespoke powerplants...
Only PMR/HARD on M-Sport engines now.

Sad news to see Dynamics out, hopefully, they can pull something together and return to the grid in 2024.

Also interesting to see if ONE operates 3/4 Civics this year, seems to be the only real mystery left on this season's line-up.
Old 5 Apr 2023, 11:38 (Ref:4150483)   #2125
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Motorsport is a strange beast. In any other walk of life, there would be court cases over this. Can anyone imagine a football team having its sponsor pulled two weeks before the first match?