Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jun 2003, 19:30 (Ref:630846)   #1
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV LM coverage

Just watching the Motors coverage of Qualifying, who ever they got to "comentate" can't pronounce Biela, and is obviously reading a script as he seems to have no idea outside of what is written of history.

Thankfully there is Eurosport tomorrow!
Old 13 Jun 2003, 19:40 (Ref:630862)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And qualifying on Eurosport tonight. I think the commentator is the same who does the LM2002 DVD. On that IMO I think hes pretty good, just gives you the facts and lets you listen to the cars rather than babbleing all the time.

As qualifying was on Motors TV first, does this mean they are afiliated with Eurosport. MotorsTVs LM coverage has increaed this year. Hopefully next year we could have 24 hour coverage on MotorsTV or at least updates when Eurosport is not covering LM.

Last edited by JAG; 13 Jun 2003 at 19:41.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 22:31 (Ref:630979)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What do you mean "thankfully there's Eurosport" ???

In my experience they juggle the race about their schedules like god knows what, I'll be impressed if it's any different this year..

Motors TV is largely a French station so maybe they get "preferential treatment" ?? No doubt their French commentators are better..
Old 13 Jun 2003, 22:36 (Ref:630985)   #4
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
What do you mean "thankfully there's Eurosport" ???..
Martin Haven, David Lestlie comentators that put enthusiasm into their presentation, but what i'll be doing is watching the live eurosport feed and listen to Radio LM
Old 13 Jun 2003, 22:50 (Ref:630991)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eurosport feed on the net?

I don't doubt the quality of the programme - it's when it appears that puts a negativity on eurosport..
Old 13 Jun 2003, 22:56 (Ref:630993)   #6
jase
Veteran

OK I'll re-phrase.

Eurosport coverage on the EUROSPORT TV channel! when I'm watching that I'll be listening to Radio Le Mans on the web.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 13:05 (Ref:631222)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Credit where it's due to Motors, I know that they were trying to get full live rights from Eurosport to bring as much live as they could - which would undoubtedly be more than Eurosport bring, especially when they've got the bring MotoGP and the rest. But, they couldn't get that, so just brough as much coverage as they possibly could.
As far as I know it wasn't a Motors production, but bought directly with commentary from the ACO (with TWI) - and the priority was obviously to bring it to our screens - and if that meant it wasn't possible to get someone like Carlton Kirby into the studio, so be it.
Here's hoping for 24 hour coverage on Motors next year
Old 14 Jun 2003, 15:21 (Ref:631309)   #8
jase
Veteran

Willing to acept I seem to be wrong here. The coverage I saw was just basic facts presented in a monotone, not very exciting really.

Would be happy for a full 24 hour coverage. How about a Eurosport/Motors TV/Radio Le Mans tie up for 2004?
Old 14 Jun 2003, 16:31 (Ref:631355)   #9
TuscanR
Racer

England
Hertfordshire
TuscanR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys just thought i would share something with you that i heard on radio Le Mans, Even if Motors TV did get full 24 hour coverage they might not be able to show it between midnight and 8AM. This is because the TV Technicians (cameramen, producers etc)Union insist they must have an 8 hour break. (got to love the french)
Old 14 Jun 2003, 16:33 (Ref:631356)   #10
jase
Veteran

Well draft in more shifts!
Old 14 Jun 2003, 19:13 (Ref:631488)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FRANK BEE-AYLA?
Old 14 Jun 2003, 22:25 (Ref:631610)   #12
jase
Veteran

Yeah, I know! (my original point)
Old 14 Jun 2003, 23:29 (Ref:631648)   #13
Fulvio
Rookie

Italy
Rovigo (Italy)
Fulvio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sorry guys.. but I don't understand why you don't like what you have.... :confused: in Italy nobody cares about LM, so also Eurosport had to adapt to that.... They made from 16 to 18, from 21:15 to 21 and they will restart tomorrow morning.... from 8am to 10am and from 15:15 to 16!!!

That means 9 and a half hours out of 24!!! And you say that you don't like a tv that gives the full race?????

I remember when I had the analogic system, and I was able to see the English Eurosport... I loved the commentators.... Eurosport Italy, instead, have people that barely know where they are... imagine if they're able to know some drivers

And, obviously, at home the only pc connected to the net doesn't have the audio system.. so I cannot also listen to Radio Le Mans
Old 15 Jun 2003, 00:49 (Ref:631690)   #14
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fulvio
..........And, obviously, at home the only pc connected to the net doesn't have the audio system.. so I cannot also listen to Radio Le Mans
Don't worry, Radio Le Mans has been up and down all day