Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2020, 08:06 (Ref:4023838)   #3226
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Paul, I dont know exactly how your nose looks like but if you're looking for English language we have a lot here we'd love to get rid of! Help yourself and help us, sacrebleu!
Exactly, it's Le Weekend and people will be eating Hamburgers with French Fries. Zut alors.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4023840)   #3227
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
....... can't stand bad spelling and grammar. One of here pet hates is......
Sorry Gordon, couldn't resist!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 08:16 (Ref:4023842)   #3228
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Fixed that for you.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 08:47 (Ref:4023848)   #3229
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Exactly, it's Le Weekend and people will be eating Hamburgers with French Fries. Zut alors.
Here in Arras it is 'Le Fish & Chips'. I ordered it at a restaurant once & the girl asked if I wanted frites with it....'
Old 19 Dec 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4023856)   #3230
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you'd asked for that in the US you would get fish with crisps.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4023865)   #3231
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Zut alors.
With your permission, Peter, may I add: saperlipopette!
As to 'hamburger" more info here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger
Unfortunately, we have to face an invasion of Shish Kebab…
Old 19 Dec 2020, 10:57 (Ref:4023871)   #3232
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just popped into Davidstow .Cornwalls race car track . I told very nice chap who was working that I was Cornish and a famous race driver but he still said I had to come back next summer when they will be open .
Old 19 Dec 2020, 11:05 (Ref:4023873)   #3233
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, a cheesy story. https://davidstowcheddar.co.uk/
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4023885)   #3234
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
"Mike's".
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:02 (Ref:4023886)   #3235
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Sorry Gordon, couldn't resist!
The proof reader missed that !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4023887)   #3236
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I told very nice chap who was working that I was Cornish and a famous race driver but he still said I had to come back next summer when they will be open .
C'est un scandale! This guy must be fired right away with no prior notice.Working at a race track and not knowing Delta is an offense. C'est même une faute de goût sacrebleu.

Just out of my curiosity what means "I am a cornish"? Related to location, food or Rolls Royce?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:44 (Ref:4023889)   #3237
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Fixed that for you.

My inner pedant (and grammarian) is just loving this banter
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:48 (Ref:4023891)   #3238
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
C'est un scandale! This guy must be fired right away with no prior notice.Working at a race track and not knowing Delta is an offense. C'est même une faute de goût sacrebleu.

Just out of my curiosity what means "I am a cornish"? Related to location, food or Rolls Royce?
Surely it refers to a road or path that runs along the coast as in places like the French Riviera.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:52 (Ref:4023892)   #3239
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hmm, a cheesy story. https://davidstowcheddar.co.uk/

As a great lover of most cheeses, I still find the concept of cheddar coming from Cornwall slightly odd - but then I am still reeling from a recent item on the news that informed me that the threats of Brexit disruption meant our cheddar supplies from France would be at risk.......

Why on earth would we be importing Cheddar from France? Plenty of French cheeses I'm happy to consume, bien sur
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:56 (Ref:4023894)   #3240
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I don't believe the French make cheddar. They apparently don't consider it to be cheese. So probably just another scare story.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 13:35 (Ref:4023904)   #3241
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I'm stopping in my mancave until next year
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cave Christmas-0.png
Views:	2
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	65816
Old 19 Dec 2020, 13:48 (Ref:4023910)   #3242
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't believe the French make cheddar. They apparently don't consider it to be cheese. So probably just another scare story.
I'm now concerned as my favorite Smirnoff Vodka that is produced in Italy is temporarily unavailable from Amazon, no doubt stuck in a queue of trucks on the A16 outside Calais.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 14:16 (Ref:4023915)   #3243
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Why on earth would we be importing Cheddar from France?
Peter gave you the right answer, Richard, Cheddar is not a French cheese…
By the way its more likely "bien sûr"
Old 19 Dec 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4023916)   #3244
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I'm now concerned as my favorite Smirnoff Vodka that is produced in Italy is temporarily unavailable from Amazon, no doubt stuck in a queue of trucks on the A16 outside Calais. Hear that John? How many miles from your home to Calais' queue? I'll happily supply the straws… Drink on the roof of your house!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:51 (Ref:4023928)   #3245
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Back home to tier 4.!!!!!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:57 (Ref:4023929)   #3246
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup. Merry Christmas.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4023930)   #3247
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
By the way its more likely "bien sûr"

I'm sure you are correct - I'm acutely aware of how grave it is to ignore the circonflexe - but my keyboard doesn't seem too keen to type them.....I believe I can set an alternate keyboard, and then use the alt gr key.....but that's as far as I've got
Old 19 Dec 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4023931)   #3248
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Its easy, Richard. An example just invented for you.
Par un beau jour de décembre, cet enjôleur décida de mener une enquête qui pouvait tourner Ã* la quête de vérité. Il entra dans le bâtiment pour constater les dégâts provoqués par la chute du pylône qui fit tomber le poêle, poussé par un vif intérêt. Il se sentit benêt en tombant tête bêche avec un aîné blottit dans une alcôve…
Only three words ending with -itre have a ^on the i like huître! Next please!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4023933)   #3249
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Useless news: from Jan 1, import a sandwich from the UK to the continent , like jambon-beurre or saucisson cornichon will be forbidden. Even jambon fromage. WTF!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 19:13 (Ref:4023943)   #3250
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Useless news: from Jan 1, import a sandwich from the UK to the continent , like jambon-beurre or saucisson cornichon will be forbidden. Even jambon fromage. WTF!
I used to love the jambon butties we used to get from the Jacques Borel services south of Paris in the 70s
Closed Thread