Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4064201)   #201
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
There must be a blind spot exiting Raddion corner which is exactly where the first Emil Fray Lambo that crashed ended up.
There is, it's well-known at this point.

Quote:
By the way the safety car is still not needed. Looks like everything was handled just fine under "FCY", no need to articficially bunch the cars up again. SRO drives me nuts.
I wouldn't want to be doing barrier repairs with cars constantly going past, even at FCY speeds. For once, I'm with SRO on this one.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Aitken & Rigon.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4064202)   #202
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree, crash was big enough this time, not just a car getting stuck into a gravel trap.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4064203)   #203
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just a complete lottery for the cars arriving on the scene in a situation like that. Glad there's sone positive news and we can eventually go racing.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4064204)   #204
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
There is, it's well-known at this point.

I wouldn't want to be doing barrier repairs with cars constantly going past, even at FCY speeds. For once, I'm with SRO on this one.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Aitken & Rigon.

Barrier repairs with cars at speed? I never said that. Clearly they put the "safety car" out right before they are about to go back to green. They clear the crash scence during the FCY.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4064205)   #205
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aitken is so lucky, I’m so glad all involved are ok. I’m not sure why we need to have this FCY-SC argument every race. It’s been explained numerous times by the championship why they do it.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4064207)   #206
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Rain. How long till the next FCY?
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4064208)   #207
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Rain. How long till the next FCY?
300 seconds.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4064209)   #208
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Aitken is so lucky, I’m so glad all involved are ok. I’m not sure why we need to have this FCY-SC argument every race. It’s been explained numerous times by the championship why they do it.
Becasue its stupid thats why. So it needs to be addressed.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:52 (Ref:4064210)   #209
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
And to be fair all repairs were carried out under FCY.
SC was only used to bunch up the field for the restart ...
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4064211)   #210
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Also what just happened 100% made my point. The clearning of the crash came during the FCY part. The SC only came after it to bunch the field up for a mass start. Does anybody care to admit I'm right on this.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4064213)   #211
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
And to be fair all repairs were carried out under FCY.
SC was only used to bunch up the field for the restart ...
Thank you sir!
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4064214)   #212
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Personally I would have put out a SC while cleaning up the mess.

The FCY-SC sequence a used today was just the stupid SRO thing.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:56 (Ref:4064215)   #213
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Also what just happened 100% made my point. The clearning of the crash came during the FCY part. The SC only came after it to bunch the field up for a mass start. Does anybody care to admit I'm right on this.
If you stop being a keyboard warrior about it, I will happily admit I was wrong - I thought the barrier repair was still happening under the SC.

Time to see how the rain shuffles the pack. Marciello just had an off at the chicane.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4064218)   #214
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
If you stop being a keyboard warrior about it, I will happily admit I was wrong - I thought the barrier repair was still happening under the SC.

Time to see how the rain shuffles the pack. Marciello just had an off at the chicane.
Ok deal!
Old 31 Jul 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4064219)   #215
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Marciello just had an off at the chicane.
As had Bortolotti and the 3rd placed car (Ledogar?)
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4064220)   #216
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
As had Bortolotti and the 3rd placed car (Ledogar?)
And others besides. Muller in the lead now?

Edit - Mies leads Muller. Audi 1-2, I didn't have that happening at any point in this race!
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4064221)   #217
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankfully everybody kept it together
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4064223)   #218
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
And others besides. Muller in the lead now?
I think so.

No, Mies apparently. On slicks ...
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4064224)   #219
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
I think so.

No, Mies apparently. On slicks ...
And it's Muller (on wets) that goes off!

Also - KvDL up to 14th. The miracle may yet be on for #32...

Edit - Muller & a hard-charging Stolz pass Mies into Blanchimont. Mies had almost 20 seconds on the pair at the start of the lap.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4064225)   #220
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Mies loses 30 seonds a lap, but sticks to the plan
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:05 (Ref:4064226)   #221
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mies on slicks… what the??
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4064227)   #222
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Audi summed up in two cars - Muller leading and pulling away from Stolz, and Mies 25+ seconds slower than the wet runners but staying out!

Edit - Yikes! Mies absolutely gobbled up by a group of cars at Eau Rouge.

Barnicoat goes up the inside of Stolz for second overall. Good move.

Last edited by J Jay; 31 Jul 2021 at 16:17.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4064228)   #223
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Mies dropped to 46th.

Did they forget to bring wet weather tires?
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4064230)   #224
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Mies dropped to 46th.

Did they forget to bring wet weather tires?
Sunk cost fallacy in action. Mies should haul it in ASAP, he's losing time to everyone else.
Old 31 Jul 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4064234)   #225
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Vanthoor (L.) in.
Slicks?

Last lap for Mies was a 2:36