Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 16 Dec 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4090110)   #3251
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Yes, they'll be piste off.
Old 16 Dec 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4090121)   #3252
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Yes, they'll be piste off.
Better than off piste and in hospital with all the Covid patients.

Or worse.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 06:18 (Ref:4090219)   #3253
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
They should thank the french gov' yo keep them safely away. No place like home! There are several places around Spa for skiing. For those not traveling with their official wife, depending on the mistress/master a one week hotel stay can be convenient.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4090237)   #3254
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gerard, did you get the release from Retromobile yesterday? Included is a story about the Vintage Festival at Montlhery in May, which has been dubbed the 'Festival of Slowth'! I thought that was very funny.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:34 (Ref:4090238)   #3255
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ho no, not yet John! Yes, very funny. I think I must be prepared to see one or two Gordinis presented as ex-Amédée instead of ex-my late Dad, it was the case last time! So called experts are ready they start to make some money now.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4090239)   #3256
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ended fighting with my S passport, it has been re-validated one hour after the booster instead of one or two weeks… Go figure! Watta farce!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4090241)   #3257
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ended fighting with my S passport, it has been re-validated one hour after the booster instead of one or two weeks… Go figure! Watta farce!
I'm booked for my booster at 4pm today, If I can find my way there through the fog!

We thought we might go to the Marche de Noel in Arras before that, assuming the pass still works. I've heard that it is now valid for seven months from the date of the second jab, which means the end of January for me. It's all a bit of a lottery!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4090247)   #3258
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had my Booster @ my local Doctors, straight in and out, couldn't believe it.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4090250)   #3259
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Getting my booster on Wednesday. All booked up, so no need to queue
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4090255)   #3260
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got mine last week. Was booked in so joined a typically English queue, all good natured and giving each other loads of room. Absolutely zero reaction so don't worry.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 17 Dec 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4090261)   #3261
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I got mine last week. Was booked in so joined a typically English queue, all good natured and giving each other loads of room. Absolutely zero reaction so don't worry.
Good to hear no reaction Max..... I have mine (Pfizer this time round) booked for Wednesday coming. Originally they would not give me the booster for 6 months after my second jab (July 20th), originally booked in mid Jan 22, but now the Health Dept here have said 5 months ok, so rang tthe Clinic and got rebooked. I had Astra Zenica for 1&2 with no probs so hoping for no problems with this Pfizer one.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4090273)   #3262
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crummy, you lot are slow, Mrs B and I had our boosters Nov 5th. Received a letter from Gov. advising everyone to get boosted, so went on-line fond a local chemist offering jabs so booked and Hey Presto, all done and dusted in no time.
(Sorry EB we have both been suffering dreadfully ever since, aches, pains, sickness, breaking out in a painful rash, with no end in sight, we can barely move about the house. Still don't worry, I'm sure you will be alright - hopefully)
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:12 (Ref:4090274)   #3263
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Crummy, you lot are slow, Mrs B and I had our boosters Nov 5th. Received a letter from Gov. advising everyone to get boosted, so went on-line fond a local chemist offering jabs so booked and Hey Presto, all done and dusted in no time.
(Sorry EB we have both been suffering dreadfully ever since, aches, pains, sickness, breaking out in a painful rash, with no end in sight, we can barely move about the house. Still don't worry, I'm sure you will be alright - hopefully)

Well, you're certainly a real pain in the neck (auto censor has changed that which I wrote)!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4090276)   #3264
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I only got my invite from the govt this week. Prior to that I was classed as ineligible due to being too young! You wouldnt know about that sort of thing Bob!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4090309)   #3265
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Us oldies had the booster back in early November, I suppose they though that it will give us another year of life
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Dec 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4090313)   #3266
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Just had my booster (Pfizer after AZ previously, so fingers crossed...) but she couldn't do the flu jab. Apparently the doctors around here say there should be a couple of weeks between the two.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4090314)   #3267
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Good to hear no reaction Max..... I have mine (Pfizer this time round) booked for Wednesday coming. Originally they would not give me the booster for 6 months after my second jab (July 20th), originally booked in mid Jan 22, but now the Health Dept here have said 5 months ok, so rang tthe Clinic and got rebooked. I had Astra Zenica for 1&2 with no probs so hoping for no problems with this Pfizer one.

We had the same cocktail as you and neither of us had any adverse reaction to any of the jabs.
Old 17 Dec 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4090315)   #3268
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Just had my booster (Pfizer after AZ previously, so fingers crossed...) but she couldn't do the flu jab. Apparently the doctors around here say there should be a couple of weeks between the two.
Same country, different advice, have been said better the same day but different arm… And when you have Moderna nobody can tell you if the booster is the same dose or a half one!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4090365)   #3269
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know that this isn't really the place for posting political comments, but one must wonder what the dickens is going on in No.10.

It's now emerged that Bojo the Clown appointed his Cabinet Secretary, the man who in theory is the most senior civil servant, to lead an investigation into the partying at No.10 and elsewhere last Christmas, just so happens to have attended or organised a gathering himself.

He has stepped aside from the enquiry. I would have expected him to have resigned for breaking Covid Laws!
Old 17 Dec 2021, 21:13 (Ref:4090370)   #3270
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
On a lighter note: A NEW EPISODE OF BINKY HAS JUST BEEN PUBLISHED FOR PATRONS

No doubt it will be available for lesser mortals in due course
Old 18 Dec 2021, 06:36 (Ref:4090416)   #3271
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I know that this isn't really the place for posting political comments
'F corse its not, Mike! We're just talking about the big circus and let me tell you that your Bozzo is not any better than our Nabotléon and his mate Casse-tête! Not really laughable I must admit when you think they lead millions of people.
Old 18 Dec 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4090438)   #3272
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So true, Gerard! Incidentally like Bob, Jackie and I had our boosters weeks ago - no side effects of note plus for reassurance, we also had our flu jabs at the same time, and we're still here. Pleased to get them out the way at the same time as I hate needles!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 18 Dec 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4090451)   #3273
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Pleased to get them out the way at the same time as I hate needles!
What about SU carbs,then?
Old 18 Dec 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4090470)   #3274
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
On a lighter note: A NEW EPISODE OF BINKY HAS JUST BEEN PUBLISHED FOR PATRONS

No doubt it will be available for lesser mortals in due course
You Tube has been promoting Episode 36 for weeks so I was wondering if there was something new brewing.
Old 19 Dec 2021, 06:29 (Ref:4090545)   #3275
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I find Binky absolutely fascinating, nothing's impossible. The subframes are pure wonders and what a relief when they know some issues "some time later" with electronics. I did not understand the modification of the tubes coming out from the gearbox tho.