Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Apr 2003, 21:28 (Ref:556495)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motors TV 2003 BTCC Coverage

Tim Harvey, Ben Edwards and Vicki Butler-Henderson are all working on this years live BTCC coverage.

Tim & Ben will commentate on the races while Vicki will be down in the pits. Certainly sounds a promising line up!
Old 2 Apr 2003, 21:47 (Ref:556519)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds good, its just a shame Telewest do not show MotorsTV
Old 5 Apr 2003, 12:16 (Ref:559221)   #3
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV commentators announced.

It seems Ben Edwards and Tim Harvey will be commentating on the live BTCC broadcasts on Motors TV.

Great news, was wondering what Ben was up to!
Now it seems he's a full time BTCC man after the brief "distraction" that was F1 Digital+

(Traditional BTCC pre-season post line approaching: ) Can't wait for Mondello then!

Last edited by codename_47; 5 Apr 2003 at 12:17.
Old 5 Apr 2003, 22:52 (Ref:559605)   #4
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whoops......seems I was REALLY late with this news....apologies
Old 6 Apr 2003, 00:23 (Ref:559669)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No worries mate
Old 6 Apr 2003, 10:30 (Ref:559863)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I assume it'll be the same crew on the ITV coverage too. Seems logical at any rate!
Old 6 Apr 2003, 22:30 (Ref:560901)   #7
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
I assume it'll be the same crew on the ITV coverage too. Seems logical at any rate!
Makes sense......plus it'll be good for the ITV team to get experience of covering BTCC rounds live.....just in case ITV change their minds about live coverage in the future!

Still, that won't bother me, good old Motors Tv all the way this year!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 12:22 (Ref:561497)   #8
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV do the camera work, add a live commentary = motor Tv,
edit it add another commentary = ITV next week
Old 9 Apr 2003, 15:06 (Ref:564069)   #9
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Ben Edwards!!!

Old 10 Apr 2003, 19:22 (Ref:565427)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Times

Here are the times for the Live Coverage (and repeats), according the the Motors TV website:(All times BST)

Monday 21st April
LIVE BTCC round 1, 12:25
LIVE FFord, 13:55
LIVE Carrera Cup, 14:40
LIVE Legends, 15:25
LIVE BTCC R2, 16:00
LIVE RT2000/Dunlop Supercars, 17:00
All of these run straight after one another, finishing at 17:30

BTCC Replays (both races)
Monday 21/4 - 20:00-22:00
Thuesday 22/4 - 17:00-19:00

Support Race 30 minute shows
All 4 series in running order from 22:00 on Tuesday 22/4 for 2 hours, + repeats during the week.

Nice and full coverage by the looks of things!
Old 10 Apr 2003, 20:21 (Ref:565493)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If you hadn't spotted it in the schedules yet MotorsTV are also showing a 30 min 'James Thompson profile' at various times next week.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 22:03 (Ref:565633)   #12
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Excellent, just what I like about Motors, Live action, and plenty of repeats for the "just in case" factor!

Time to start clearing my schedule for Sunday afternoons then......

*crosses off "Sleep" on his calender*

All done, bring on the Tocatour!
Old 12 Apr 2003, 17:49 (Ref:567373)   #13
ashley 19
Rookie

ashley 19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV 2003 BTCC Coverage
From April 21st in Mondello Park, to September 21st in Oulton Park, Motors TV will bring full LIVE BTCC coverage to its viewers throughout Europe, with a special focus on British viewers (Motors TV is available to Sky Digital's 6.6 million subscribers on channel 416).

COMMENTARY LINE-UP

Expertise, talent and years of experience are just a few words that qualify the Motors TV BTCC commentators, with Ben Edwards and 1992 champion Tim Harvey sharing the booth!

Vicky Butler-Henderson will be in the pits, using a radio-camera for grid interviews as well as providing podium features.

Ben EDWARDS: "I'm really looking forward to commentating live on the BTCC for Motors TV. Last year we had some truly entertaining races and 1 expect more of the same this season. Now, fans will be able to see each race unfold, follow the action and dramas in the pit stops and keep an eye on the battles throughout the field. Commentating on a race as it happens always gives me an extra buzz of excitement, and there's no turning the tape machine back if 1 get it wrong! I'm hoping that we'll see plenty of door-rubbing racing, and a real challenge for the title, not only from the Vauxhall teammates but also from Honda, MG and Proton and some very capable independent runners. 1 can't wait to get started in Mondello."

Tim HARVEY: "This is a big step forward for the BTCC to have live television. 1 hope to make it as exciting as the racing will surely be."

A STRONG PARTNERSHIP

BTCC will be available to European viewers and is providing live coverage in its home country thanks to the deal. Motors TV will now focus even more on its British audience - with such a win-win situation being one of the keys to the deal.

Richard WEST, Series Director: "I'm delighted on behalf of the BTCC that Motors TV have now provided us with an extensive coverage throughout the European continent. This is a great opportunity for us to continue the growth, and 1 know 1 speak on behalf of all the competitors, teams, manufacturers and sponsors in welcoming Motors TV to the BTCC."

Jean-Luc ROY, Motors TV President: "Since the MOTORS TV launch on the 1st of September 2000, our aim has been to be able to put on air the best of motor-racing, in order to bring a lot of fun to our viewers. That's the reason why we are particularly pleased to announce that the 2003 British Touring Car Championship meetings will be televised " Live "on MOTORS TV, a high octane show for High Speed Television!"

SOLID ON-AIR COMMITMENT

At every meeting, live coverage will start from BTCC race 1 and keep going until the final race of the day, therefore including all support-events.

Granada, who produces the feed, and Motors TV have worked closely together to secure a high standard coverage.

"The racing is always of the highest standard with plenty of action from start to finish. Grid interviews and behind the scenes coverage will enable viewers to get closer to the personalities of the drivers and to savour the tension before a big race starts", says Tony BAINES, Controller of Programming and Development for Granada Sport.

"BTCC coverage will benefit both the Granada and Motors TV expertise in motor sport. Offering the support-races as well shows our commitment to the British viewers... and attraction for the sport!", says Frederic VIGER, Motors TV Head of Programming. "BTCC will benefit unprecedented TV exposure, with replays of the live programme on the same evening at 21.00 and the following day at 18.00. We will also broadcast a highlights show the following week to prepare for the next race."
Source : Motors TV
Date Posted : 02-04-2003
Old 12 Apr 2003, 18:44 (Ref:567421)   #14
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Sounds good, its just a shame Telewest do not show MotorsTV
Agreed
Old 13 Apr 2003, 01:42 (Ref:567787)   #15
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
Man, looking forward to this now.......not just the BTCC, but the support races too.....Motors TV sure know how to cater for the Motorsport nuts eh?

Still though....I guess it all comes down to the "show" in the end....hopefully all the races will be exciting, to prove those "BTCC doesn't work live" doubters wrong! (that means you Murray....I read your book! )

IIRC, BTCC was live on Eurosport back in the day wasn't it?
As well as the odd BBC live race from Doninton!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:39 (Ref:567921)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
NTL are useless - still don't show this channel and can't give me an answer to whether they're planning to doing so later on. Maybe I'll have to cancel my subscription and have one of those dish things instead!
Old 14 Apr 2003, 06:32 (Ref:568772)   #17
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now is the time! If you can't justify wasting subscription TV money every month, then get th non-subscription £120 installation from Sky. I've had mine for a week or so, and it's wonderful!
Old 16 Apr 2003, 09:57 (Ref:570918)   #18
speedchick
Rookie

speedchick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
If you hadn't spotted it in the schedules yet MotorsTV are also showing a 30 min 'James Thompson profile' at various times next week.
Yeah saw that. It's not so much a profile on JT than a 2003 preview with a slight emphasis on Thompson. But worth a watch.

Also, theres a Laurent Aiello profile, starting on Sun 20th April at 11pm, which I guess will just be the same thing but a DTM preview!
Old 16 Apr 2003, 10:20 (Ref:570946)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Jimmy T's back on again today at 3pm, just after a 2 hour BTCC 2002 Review.

Motors TV is truly like every day being Christmas...
Old 16 Apr 2003, 14:19 (Ref:571185)   #20
joey1
Racer

joey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've watched both of these about 14 times each, quality, knowing my luck there will probably be a power cut on monday!!!!!!!
Old 16 Apr 2003, 22:46 (Ref:571616)   #21
jon2211
Rookie

jon2211 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finalised today is that Gareth Howell will be joining Ben Edwards to commentate on the support package at Mondello. Gareth is still hoping that he will be out later in the season with an Independent team.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 23:43 (Ref:571651)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this the channel that we've been waiting for all our lives!

What are the chances of convincing them to do round the clock coverage of Le Mans.... with Radio le mans commentary!

Or Nurburgring 24 hours for that matter!

No limits...just racing..YAY!!
Old 17 Apr 2003, 07:09 (Ref:571820)   #23
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys dont know how envious i am. Its hard to follow motorsport with only 4 channels
Old 17 Apr 2003, 09:35 (Ref:571914)   #24
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jon2211
Just finalised today is that Gareth Howell will be joining Ben Edwards to commentate on the support package at Mondello. Gareth is still hoping that he will be out later in the season with an Independent team.
Where did you hear that? It's not on the MotorsTV website...
Old 17 Apr 2003, 12:43 (Ref:572057)   #25
jon2211
Rookie

jon2211 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the Head of Programing at MotorsTV who phoned me and asked if Gareth would do it.

As you will see from the time and date of my post it was only agreed late yesterday.

"Although I'm disappointed not to be driving, I am really pleased that MotorsTV have given me this great opportunity. I am looking forward to working with Ben who is a great commentator and know I will learn a lot from him. I haven't completely given up hope of driving in the BTCC this year, I am still working to put together a deal to appear with an Independent Team, possibly from Thruxton onwards."