Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Jan 2004, 18:26 (Ref:848529)   #1
The Darkness
Racer

The Darkness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season reviews (btcc)

is there any season reviews before 1988? i bought it three years ago and i've never seen any reviews before 1988.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:40 (Ref:848838)   #2
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get in touch with Duke. They are always really helpful if you have to ring them up. Not sure of the website - shouldn't be hard to find.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 23:48 (Ref:848849)   #3
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dukevideo.com/

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 24 Jan 2004, 14:47 (Ref:849330)   #4
JEMMO
Racer

JEMMO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thers an 87 btcc review but its really rare. The last time it was on Ebay it went for over £100! There are some good European and Australian (Bathurst) Reviews from the 70s and 80s that are available on Duke.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 09:21 (Ref:850727)   #5
The Darkness
Racer

Thanks very much i never thought of giving Duke Video a try cheers
Old 4 Feb 2004, 12:03 (Ref:862538)   #6
The Darkness
Racer

There is a review from 1990 season isn't there?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 20:43 (Ref:863114)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes.

I paid about £25 for my 1987 review, it was actually commisioned by Dunlop I believe, who were the then sponsors of the BTCC.
Old 12 Feb 2004, 13:45 (Ref:871924)   #8
The Darkness
Racer

cheers i'll keep an eye out of any copies! of any sort!
Old 12 Feb 2004, 13:54 (Ref:871952)   #9
supertouring
Racer

supertouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've also got one from 84, but I am not sure where it came from. I think I must have got it back in 91 or 92 from somewhere. It is a Hay/Fisher production I think, but not played it for a while.

These things do go for stupid money on Ebay, but not sure where else to get them from.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 17:29 (Ref:874222)   #10
JEMMO
Racer

Its not as good as a review but the early Havoc videos have some old BTCC coverage on them as well. I was watching Havoc 2 the other day and there was a clip of Barry Sheene racing/destroying a Toyota Supra at Thruxton.
Had some good early ETCC coverage on it as well.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:16 (Ref:874699)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JEMMO
I was watching Havoc 2 the other day and there was a clip of Barry Sheene racing/destroying a Toyota Supra at Thruxton.
This leads into another question, was this Havoc 2 the one that you can't buy anymore due to it being banned/master copy destroyed, or is it the 'Best of Havoc 2'?

Not exactly BTCC, but i have a few of the early 80s ETCC reviews, which give the British rounds a pretty good go compared to the others.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:29 (Ref:874710)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Caught some of Havoc 2 on ones of the digital channels a couple of weeks back. I believe it's not the same as the Havoc videos, or if it is it's been re-edited.

Haven't heard of the master copy being destroyed. As I recall volumes 1-5 were withdrawn from sale when it was discovered that some of the footage used were of fatal accidents.

I thought teh most interesting thing from watching it was not the accidents but trying to recognise some of the circuits and seing how much things have changed. It's amazing to see how different things looked only 20 years ago.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 12:20 (Ref:874747)   #13
JEMMO
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Caught some of Havoc 2 on ones of the digital channels a couple of weeks back. I believe it's not the same as the Havoc videos, or if it is it's been re-edited.

I thought teh most interesting thing from watching it was not the accidents but trying to recognise some of the circuits and seing how much things have changed. It's amazing to see how different things looked only 20 years ago.
I saw it on digital as well. Didnt realise this was not the same as the video.
Agree about how much the circuits have changed. Was catch fencing ever a good idea?!
Couldnt believe how small some of the crowds were, especially on the bank at Allard at that Thruxton BTCC round.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 11:44 (Ref:875648)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes

Haven't heard of the master copy being destroyed. As I recall volumes 1-5 were withdrawn from sale when it was discovered that some of the footage used were of fatal accidents.

In Australia at least, you can still purchase all the Havoc's, bar Havoc 2, which is never mentioned in any catelogues.

I posed the question about Havoc 2 over at tbk forum's a long while back, where it mentions the master copy of no.2 being destroyed or banned.

Here is a direct link to the thread http://tbk.fameflame.dk/phpBB2/viewt...hlight=havoc+2