Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Oct 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3581060)   #76
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this ends up costing him his seat because his sponsor gets so bent out of shape about it, I'll take my business elsewhere. The #55 main sponsor is my nearest supplier of that particular line of products, but if they are that precious and PC, they can forget about ever getting my business again. I know I don't keep them afloat, but it's the principle. The "super girls" haven't said they were offended, it's other blokes that are allegedly offended, so maybe they are a bit bent? Or trying to be knights in shining armour? The girls said they want equal treatment, and Mr Reynolds treated them the same as he treats others in the sport, made a joke and had a laugh. If he had said it with malice it'd be a different story, but he said it in jest, so no harm no foul as Crompo says.

The interviewer should be given the fine for asking loaded questions and baiting Reynolds. What kind of answer was he honestly expecting? The whole thing was a setup, and poor form by Warburton and Co. The sooner he and his cronies go the better.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3581088)   #77
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I am going to be slagged for saying this…

I don’t believe in excessive political correctness and I am not a fan or believer of stereotypes, but this thread and some of the opinions expressed are building a poor (and probably undeserved) portrait of Australia.

Richard
Let the slagging begin....

Really, you based your opinion of the Australasian population on the views of such as small highly polarised discussion forum?

Your conclusion is portraying a telling indication (definitely undeserved) of American intellect.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3581238)   #78
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think the saddest thing about all this is seeing on Friday night that in the Speedcafe top 5 most popular articles list this was more popular then Chaz's leg being in several pieces.

Not denying that this isn't an issue ( personally I think that it's something he shouldn't have said publicly) but to see that people have more interest in this then one of our heroes of our sport and a marshal in hospital is pretty poor form.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3581240)   #79
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sensationalism and tabloid journalism is strong on the internet.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3581242)   #80
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Well I think it is a bunch of people being petulant Dick heads.
Who? The feminists???
Old 10 Oct 2015, 23:01 (Ref:3581267)   #81
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Interesting views.....which are entirely yours.
You're obviously filled with righteous indignation of your own to make those comments. You and some others here, make the assumption that all females think the same and should accept sexist comments these days. Sure....some women don't take morons like Reynolds seriously and just let it go. Some others are offended by his brain dead stupid comments and are immediately turned off motorsport. The AFL has recognized the importance of the female demographic to their fan base and respect and foster that following, despite the efforts of some of the players. He got off easy with the 25k fine. The crazy part is that he has great talent. Like many athletes/celebs, he should stick to what he does best.
I don't think we have heard the last of this.
Indignation yes, but certainly not righteous, its just such a sad day when the PC brigade use such an obvious throw away line, in referring to the girls racing car as a pussy wagon, to condemn the guy as a sexist individual.

My indignation is not about the fine itself but more about the sheer size of the fine imposed no doubt by pious individuals that have never had a sexist thought in their lives.

Karma in this instance favoured DR when he drove brilliantly to make the best of the treacherous conditions to put himself on pole for todays big.

I for one will be whooping loudly if DR and DC can pull off the big one and go from "Zero to Hero" in one weekend.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3581291)   #82
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
I for one will be whooping loudly if DR and DC can pull off the big one and go from "Zero to Hero" in one weekend.
Me too, that would be funny.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3581303)   #83
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Let the slagging begin....

Really, you based your opinion of the Australasian population on the views of such as small highly polarised discussion forum?

Your conclusion is portraying a telling indication (definitely undeserved) of American intellect.
So I will say I was wrong for posting. First is because I should avoid forming opinions on a wider population based upon what happens in this forum or thread. Like I said earlier, I don't like stereotypes. So I will limit my opinions to those in this thread. Consider me scolded and I appologize. Secondly, nothing good can come of posting in a thread like this, but as I have already stepped in it...

Some (in this thread) clearly understand what is inappropriate with respect to women (kudos to you) and others don't . My opinion on Mr. Reynold's behavior is that it was boorish, funny in a adolescent boys locker room sort of way and decades out of place in our society.

Richard
Old 11 Oct 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3581315)   #84
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JC's calling of Ingall as the "muscle" is getting a work out.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3581319)   #85
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While we are at it i think Hireahubby should be banned from sponsoring any car or driver because it suggests only husbands can be involved in property maintenance.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3581415)   #86
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
While we are at it i think Hireahubby should be banned from sponsoring any car or driver because it suggests only husbands can be involved in property maintenance.
Everybody knows that only exists because actual husbands don't do ****
Old 11 Oct 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3581623)   #87
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Indignation yes, but certainly not righteous, its just such a sad day when the PC brigade use such an obvious throw away line, in referring to the girls racing car as a pussy wagon, to condemn the guy as a sexist individual.

My indignation is not about the fine itself but more about the sheer size of the fine imposed no doubt by pious individuals that have never had a sexist thought in their lives.

Karma in this instance favoured DR when he drove brilliantly to make the best of the treacherous conditions to put himself on pole for todays big.

I didn't get to whoop, but well done CL and SR, It would have been a better scrap if Jamie hadn't deliberately backed-up Frosty, but its what you would expect from any good team mate, so fair enough.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3581671)   #88
Starion13
Rookie

Starion13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it was a given what Jamie was going to do as soon as it was announced he was given the penalty. I hoped they would have somehow addressed it and got him out of the way before the restart but the rules are rules however it kinda ruined what could have been a much more closely fought final few laps.

Still good race and deserved win to the 888 car. There wasn't much difference in car speed between the first 5 place-getters, any one of them could have been worthy winners on the day.

Had a chuckle at Grant Denyer's interview of DR and DC at end of race, insightful, honest and ended with some good natured fun and was a bit of a light-hearted end to a bad weekend for DR. I thought he handled the interview well and showed he is not a bonehead as many would paint him. He is always good for a bit of irreverence, sometimes that can be a bit close to the bone for the sensitive types out there.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3581846)   #89
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are the same people complaining about Reynolds comments also making a stand against barely clothed grid girls? I mean if you want to perpetuate the anti-sexism message, you better start pushing that barrow too for the sake of consistency.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3581959)   #90
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Are the same people complaining about Reynolds comments also making a stand against barely clothed grid girls? I mean if you want to perpetuate the anti-sexism message, you better start pushing that barrow too for the sake of consistency.
Why didn't Renae and Simona have grid boys???
Old 12 Oct 2015, 02:52 (Ref:3581988)   #91
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More than happy to be Simona's grid boy, sugar daddy, strategist, meteoroligical advisor or tarot card reader!
Old 12 Oct 2015, 03:19 (Ref:3581995)   #92
Mixer
Veteran

Well you know what, 121 laps completed and a hit to the wall on fluid dropped, which we've seen plenty of people do over time and we'll see again one day.

Good solid experience for both of them, unfortunate that Renee ended up in the wall but that is inexperience for you.

I didn't get to watch the whole race or watch live timing so I don't really know how they went through the day or who did how many laps, but either way finishing with a straight car after that early incident is good experience for them.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 05:03 (Ref:3582022)   #93
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think this is an example of political correctness gone mad / tabloid headline grabbing 'journalism'. If Dave's entire reply is taken into consideration , it was quite encouraging and well meaning toward the girls entry. Instead the only thing highlighted was the pussy wagon prefix of the comment. Should he have said it, probably not, but one throw away line is not the end of the world and not what he should be judged on.

Unfortunately with age of social media and internet forums etc. It gives a voice to the vocal minority who like to throw there arms up and crucify anyone who says or does anything that may not agree with their own personal sensibilities. This then seems to create a social media storm of disgust/disapproval of said individual or entity. This then prompts organisations to take a stand on what the social media throng are up in arms about in order to not be dragged into said indignation by association. The unfortunate thing is that the opinions of these social media warriors usually don't represent the feelings of the vast majority of the community.

And the actions of the organisations have given power to vocal minorities to make lots of internet noise to generate the changes that they want.

The other issue I think that clouds the issue is that sexism is not a two way street. For example. I have a colleague. A 40ish woman whose workstation is plastered with imaged of a scantily clad Justin Bieber. This dosen't bother me, and as far as I know doesn't bother anyone else. However I wonder if I chose to plaster my workstation with images of scantily clad 20ish women would I get any complaints. I'm sure I would. But what is the difference ????
Old 12 Oct 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3582041)   #94
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Personally I think this is an example of political correctness gone mad / tabloid headline grabbing 'journalism'. If Dave's entire reply is taken into consideration , it was quite encouraging and well meaning toward the girls entry. Instead the only thing highlighted was the pussy wagon prefix of the comment. Should he have said it, probably not, but one throw away line is not the end of the world and not what he should be judged on.

Unfortunately with age of social media and internet forums etc. It gives a voice to the vocal minority who like to throw there arms up and crucify anyone who says or does anything that may not agree with their own personal sensibilities. This then seems to create a social media storm of disgust/disapproval of said individual or entity. This then prompts organisations to take a stand on what the social media throng are up in arms about in order to not be dragged into said indignation by association. The unfortunate thing is that the opinions of these social media warriors usually don't represent the feelings of the vast majority of the community.

And the actions of the organisations have given power to vocal minorities to make lots of internet noise to generate the changes that they want.

The other issue I think that clouds the issue is that sexism is not a two way street. For example. I have a colleague. A 40ish woman whose workstation is plastered with imaged of a scantily clad Justin Bieber. This dosen't bother me, and as far as I know doesn't bother anyone else. However I wonder if I chose to plaster my workstation with images of scantily clad 20ish women would I get any complaints. I'm sure I would. But what is the difference ????
Stay away from the work colleague Trev as she's obviously mad and desperate.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 06:13 (Ref:3582042)   #95
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reynold's comments tarnish the class and even wider the whole sport.V8's have a unfortunate and mostly undeserved reputation outside motor sport as a sport of choice for the Bogan Nation.These comments have done much to perpetuate and promote this point of view.
A motoring writer interviewed on ABC702 on Friday morning as I was on my way to Bathurst said how stuff like this and the Gold Coast 600 ad that showed more scantily clad girls than cars or drivers made this look like a sport of old white men living in another time.
If people think Reynold's comments were just fun just think if someone made these comments about your daughter/wife/girlfriend/mother in their job.Would you find that just fun?
A lot of followers of the sport wouldn't see a problem because they are living in a world far removed from the ethics of most of society.Reynolds biggest problem was not what he said but that he even thinks like this.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3582280)   #96
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Just as well the PC Police wern't in the our tent. We'd we having a whip round for way more than 25 K.

25 K for that is crazy. PC gone mad. Again.
Old 12 Oct 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3582318)   #97
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 12 Oct 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3582324)   #98
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think we need to remember something important here. It's a sedan, not a wagon
Old 13 Oct 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3582331)   #99
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT is dead right.

Shame DR didn't learn anything after getting a 25k fine and is retweeting stupid supporter bs.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 02:17 (Ref:3582351)   #100
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Interesting to read on Speedcafe today that Reynolds said that the crowd made him feel a lot better calling out those "magical words" during his parade lap.