Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Oct 2015, 02:35 (Ref:3582362)   #101
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So how is it offensive for Davey to say it once in a press conference with 10 people in the room?

But not offensive for the clowns at News Limited to reprint his exact words every day since Thursday??????
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 13 Oct 2015, 02:38 (Ref:3582366)   #102
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTW there was a bloke with a pantech in Harris Park printing up custom number plates for the man cave/lawnmower/pool room.

No prizes for guessing what the most common request was.................
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 13 Oct 2015, 02:40 (Ref:3582367)   #103
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Not surprising to see GT's comments considering his wife is a driver.

Nothing more pathetic than having grown men jump on the PC feminist bandwagon.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 02:47 (Ref:3582369)   #104
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Interesting to read on Speedcafe today that Reynolds said that the crowd made him feel a lot better calling out those "magical words" during his parade lap.
Yeah I just don't really know that I would have said that...
Old 13 Oct 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3582432)   #105
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have we heard anything about what the girls thought of the comment? I have to watch the race with whatever footage I can scrounge off the uploading sites (and with whatever space my HDD has left), so I don't get all the pre-race and post-race interviews and that sorta stuff so if there were any comments from them I didn't hear/see them.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 08:50 (Ref:3582434)   #106
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently not offended, but not amused either.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3582444)   #107
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think the V8 Girls also had to be PC about it and then publicly officially accept the public official apology

Laughing at Garths comments. Well done for rolling out the obvious, if he had a proper look into it, all of the cash both of these crowdfunding deals generated will end up at the drivers' nominated charities anyway.

I doubt I missed more than 1/2hour of the Fox telecast from Thursday morning til Sunday evening and the first I heard of Dave's comment was on Day 3, Saturday sometime.
However I saw headlines on non-motorsport websites, a morning show discussion making it as controversial as they could and typical social media rubbish first thing Thursday morning. Too many wowsers too eager to run with a "story" that can generate some huffing and puffing and carry on about morals and what has the world come to. Why not report on the motorsport part?

I'm glad I started that fund for Frosty. OK, its far from being successful moneywise but I learnt a few things about online media and the type of people that use it (mainly to abuse or attack it seems), I have had contact from Frosty about the support, and best of all it seemed to upset Tander

If anything, Dave's fine that was an attempt at saving face and making an example has made the story bigger and spread it across to ears that would never have been the wiser. Well done.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3582445)   #108
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think we need to remember something important here. It's a sedan, not a wagon
Old 13 Oct 2015, 10:21 (Ref:3582454)   #109
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I think we need to remember something important here. It's a sedan, not a wagon
Semantics.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 22:07 (Ref:3582596)   #110
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adcafe still have the audio of DR on their site, but he probably should have got another fine for the other remark on Triple M radio
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ren...-1227567958478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Apparently not offended, but not amused either.
Harvey Norman CEO Katie Page wasn't impressed and backed the V8SC fine. Can you imagine what Harvey Norman thought, they really backed the project big time and then have a teammate **** all over it.

The fine doesn't even come close to the value of the damage done.

Obviously someone had a chat with DR to take it on the chin:

Quote:
I am aware of a crowd funding account on the internet set-up by some fans in relation to the fine I received at Bathurst from V8 Supercars. I have contacted the individuals involved several times to remove it and as of today it has been shut down. I am currently working with V8 Supercars to arrange for part of my fine to be donated to an appropriate organisation. I take full responsibility for my comments at Bathurst, accept the sanction and will be personally paying my fine
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&ref=bookmarks

Hopefully he shuts up and that's the end of this sordid affair.

Last edited by TWRv12; 13 Oct 2015 at 22:29.
Old 13 Oct 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3582612)   #111
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If V8SC are so PC why do they have a gallery of grid girls on their official website?
Old 13 Oct 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3582613)   #112
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
If V8SC are so PC why do they have a gallery of grid girls on their official website?
I wanted to bring the use of grid-girls up but got concerned they might do something stupid and ban them
Old 14 Oct 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3582637)   #113
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=TWRv12;3582596]Adcafe still have the audio of DR on their site, but he probably should have got another fine for the other remark on Triple M radio
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ren...-1227567958478

Harvey Norman CEO Katie Page wasn't impressed and backed the V8SC fine. Can you imagine what Harvey Norman thought, they really backed the project big time and then have a teammate **** all over it.

QUOTE]

Ahh..but an alternate look at it is... he took relatively moderate exposure of Harvey Norman backing 2x girls to run in The Great Race and made it massive headlines for a few more days. I think he probably single handedly tripled the amount of people that knew the girls were racing !
Old 14 Oct 2015, 01:45 (Ref:3582640)   #114
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
David Reynolds' Bathurst Comments

In David Reynolds defence I'm under the impression that he wants to pay the fine himself, the Kickstarter/Gofundme etc to pay for the fine was started by a friend/fan, it wasn't DRs initiative.

Mind you being online on several chat rooms during the race and watching Bathurst at home with some friends, DRs nickname for the Supergirls was used by both male and female a lot during the race, I got the feeling it was a term of endearment moreso as most people I spoke to wanted the girls to do well, interestingly most people were focussed more on De Silvestro then Gracie, Gracie being written off by most people I spoke to.
Old 14 Oct 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3582644)   #115
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
In David Reynolds defence I'm under the impression that he wants to pay the fine himself, the Kickstarter/Gofundme etc to pay for the fine was started by a friend/fan, it wasn't DRs initiative.
He has allegedly spoken to the initiator and asked for it to be removed, and he will be paying for the fine in full himself
Old 14 Oct 2015, 04:37 (Ref:3582669)   #116
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Much like the AFL for condoning "Booing" however they release an AFL Game a number of years ago with sound effects which 1 was Booing.

double standards
Old 14 Oct 2015, 15:32 (Ref:3582812)   #117
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Have we heard anything about what the girls thought of the comment? I have to watch the race with whatever footage I can scrounge off the uploading sites (and with whatever space my HDD has left), so I don't get all the pre-race and post-race interviews and that sorta stuff so if there were any comments from them I didn't hear/see them.
The lack of comment from them makes me believe they really didn't care about it at all...but that wouldn't gel well with the medias storylines.

There's also a chance that the girls themselves came up with the nickname.

Last edited by Matt; 14 Oct 2015 at 15:37.
Old 14 Oct 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3582899)   #118
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
[QUOTE=Muznik;3582637]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post

Katie Page may not have been impressed but Gerry Harvey was probably quite amused.
Old 14 Oct 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3582920)   #119
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I can almost hear the team back at home base prepping the #200 calling it the P-wagon weeks before the event
Old 15 Oct 2015, 03:10 (Ref:3582962)   #120
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The lack of comment from them makes me believe they really didn't care about it at all...but that wouldn't gel well with the medias storylines.

It's like a lot of those types be offended for someone else though.

My personal thoughts on it... It was stupid of him to say in a situation where the press could grab it, he should really have known better. Slap him on the wrist for being dumb enough to say it when/where he did, but don't make him out to be some sort of misogynistic ******* that doesn't welcome women in racing.

From the sounds of it, he worked with them in the lead up. If he was just treating them like "some of the guys" and poking fun at them the same way he would poke fun at any of the other guys in the team and didn't mean it in a malicious way, then I don't see any reason to make a big deal about it.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 02:41 (Ref:3602407)   #121
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Davey can breath easy, now that Chris Gayle has offended the fair maidens of Australia with his comments at the big bash match.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 02:44 (Ref:3602408)   #122
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
6 pages out of 40 in today's The Age

less pages when people are murdered, the fright bats are having a field day
Old 6 Jan 2016, 02:47 (Ref:3602409)   #123
Umai Naa
Veteran

Downward spiral detected for the BBL.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3602411)   #124
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably will cause an increase in global warming!

Will women feel safe to go the shopping centres now?
Old 6 Jan 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3602487)   #125
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Gee, what is the world coming to? A man is attracted to a pretty young lady! What next???