Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:17 (Ref:4166422)   #426
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So 75 laps only for light but we go OT?
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:18 (Ref:4166423)   #427
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, that's what we need, GWC. Thanks Bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So 75 laps only for light but we go OT?
Hey, how dare you bring logic here sir
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:18 (Ref:4166424)   #428
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im baffled. First weekend in the car and hes doing this. The talent is unreal.

Still has to survive the GWC though!
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:21 (Ref:4166425)   #429
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Im baffled. First weekend in the car and hes doing this. The talent is unreal.

Still has to survive the GWC though!
I don't know if he asked for softer rear or sway bar or just his heel-toe but the rear just doesn't hop so he's hitting the apex on the throttle instead of brakes and ready to go on his own. But he's definitely seeing the track and setting the car better for the rough course
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:23 (Ref:4166426)   #430
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Chance for Chase to use the chrome fiber horn?

Probably not, those tires are OLD behind him

How many GWC we betting on? Doubt they can do 3 but can they make it a lap now without a wreck?
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:27 (Ref:4166427)   #431
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well I was definitely wrong, or maybe they have dinner reservations and everyone wants their steak dinner
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:29 (Ref:4166428)   #432
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's f--king awesome!!
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:31 (Ref:4166430)   #433
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And Chevy crushed it today didn't they 1-5.

And NZ now takes Monday off en masse after that, or guessing a beers hoisted for Monday lunch
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:32 (Ref:4166431)   #434
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think they gotta try to put him back in for the remaining 3 road courses if he can make it

The Bend round conflicts with Glen, and Bathurst the Roval so no
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:33 (Ref:4166432)   #435
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It took them the whole race, but they finally got his name right!
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:37 (Ref:4166433)   #436
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They really really wanted to add that N in there didn't they. Must be a lot of Supreme Court fans and RBG fans
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:38 (Ref:4166434)   #437
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
SVG said he went full send on some. Freaking awesome. I wish NBC showed from 18th to 3rd, but I guess I'll take what they showed me. Incredible. I hope someone puts together a video of it.

Chase just said that SVG "gonna go home and tell his friends how bad we are".
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:39 (Ref:4166435)   #438
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An incredible job, very special performance. Didnt make a single mistake either.

I actually quite enjoyed the circuit i have to be honest. On paper it looked terrible but i dont think it was too bad.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:42 (Ref:4166437)   #439
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And he's the size of a normal human male instead of a jockey.

Yeah Haley it was the 16 lap fresher tires and not his skill

And trying to burn the tires off it cause you don't need them any more
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:43 (Ref:4166438)   #440
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great race and great to see SVG grab the win!

The track exceeded my expectations. I hope it's not a one-off and I also hope NASCAR adds more street circuits in the future.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 01:44 (Ref:4166439)   #441
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
An incredible job, very special performance. Didnt make a single mistake either.

I actually quite enjoyed the circuit i have to be honest. On paper it looked terrible but i dont think it was too bad.
Agree, it improved and the Cup guys did a better job of it when with the damp. Think it's put that idea in nascar's mind to try another so guess we keep looking for the next iRace city track they build

Having just watched basically 7ish hours of racing today, Mid-Ohio, Austria then Chicago I think I have to say the Cup race was the best of the three. None were terrible, Mid-Ohio maybe a bit meh and Austria well F1ey but not bad, but this was fun and truly interesting as to who would survive. And the 75 lap limit changed it some and would have rather had the leading pack pit and then they made the call to shorten but in the end that guy made it through anyway.

Last edited by broadrun96; 3 Jul 2023 at 02:07.
Old 3 Jul 2023, 02:20 (Ref:4166446)   #442
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giz

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And Chevy crushed it today didn't they 1-5.

And NZ now takes Monday off en masse after that, or guessing a beers hoisted for Monday lunch
Lunchtime now on the east coast of Australia & we've lost count of the beers we had at breakfast ... yeh he's a Kiwi

The view from here Van Gisbergen: ‘One more year in Oz’

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/07/03...re-year-in-oz/

PS: 4 from downunder in the top 10 @ mid-ohio

Last edited by cavvy; 3 Jul 2023 at 02:26. Reason: more detail required
Old 3 Jul 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4166518)   #443
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It took them the whole race, but they finally got his name right!
That was painful & dumb. 'Gisberger,' OY!
Old 3 Jul 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4166589)   #444
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
My favorite was "Ginsenberger"
Old 3 Jul 2023, 22:09 (Ref:4166596)   #445
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SVG said he went full send on some. Freaking awesome. I wish NBC showed from 18th to 3rd, but I guess I'll take what they showed me. Incredible. I hope someone puts together a video of it.

Chase just said that SVG "gonna go home and tell his friends how bad we are".

His full race incar is on NASCAR YT
Old 4 Jul 2023, 01:12 (Ref:4166603)   #446
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
My favorite was "Ginsenberger"
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
I caught a bit of MRN and they had it down correct. Professionals, they are.

Edit - just saw this
https://twitter.com/nascarcasm/statu...7LmX__Xeg&s=19

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 4 Jul 2023 at 01:23.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 01:14 (Ref:4166604)   #447
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This is interesting.
https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/s...SDNC3TKag&s=19

Going forward what it means IDK but it was the coolest race I've seen in years for the Cup series. It still had some questionable "race control" calls but fun stuff.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 02:37 (Ref:4166611)   #448
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's very weird to see in motorsports folks have such a huge variance in his the race was received compared to "mainline" media. Most of the papers made it sound like the race was a total waste and prolly received, motorsport writers all seem like it was well received by all parties.

I'm hoping it becomes a thing, it seems they can get both sides of fans in the gates. Fancy pants folks get to stay at fancy places and have good suites to watch, and the rest of us can watch from fences and stands. Could be good for Nascar but not so good for tracks
Old 4 Jul 2023, 10:49 (Ref:4166656)   #449
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Giz is available for 2024 IF he gets a seat:

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/van-gisb...e-nascar-ride/

His Red Bull/888 team have confirmed they wont stop him, despite his current contract.
Old 4 Jul 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4166703)   #450
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Doesn't his wife have some ownership interest in the team? If true would be fun dinner conversation leaving. And it was rumored his contact only limits another Supercars team, leave the series and he's free and clear