Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 May 2023, 10:49 (Ref:4154311)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A real 'divider' though. I love it because I'm lucky enough to remember it but it really is loud.....
Yeah I can imagine over 24 hours you'd start to resent it a bit. Especially with a couple of them on track.
Old 6 May 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4154714)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Off topic.

So every now and again Aysedasi mentions The Certain Sound that causes me to fire up the old book store websites or eBay and hunt out a copy. I see the price, think, nah. This time I saw one reasonable enough to justify and pulled the trigger.

Got it and enjoying it and the sun.

It doesn’t mention the Mazda rotary so all good
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9320.jpeg  
Old 6 May 2023, 17:16 (Ref:4154721)   #28
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still love the ever so smooth sound of a flat pan six twin turbo. They never sound like they're going to explode. Unlike the sound of a Mazda rotary motor at full tilt. I guess it's what made the turbo diesels so amazing. You'd expect a diesel to sound ragged, but they just sounded soooo smooooth.
Old 6 May 2023, 19:26 (Ref:4154739)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Off topic.

So every now and again Aysedasi mentions The Certain Sound that causes me to fire up the old book store websites or eBay and hunt out a copy. I see the price, think, nah. This time I saw one reasonable enough to justify and pulled the trigger.

Got it and enjoying it and the sun.

It doesn’t mention the Mazda rotary so all good
It's a good read. I've had my copy from new and have read it twice. Quite dry though, but then again, Wyer was a very dry character....
Old 6 May 2023, 21:32 (Ref:4154760)   #30
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to like the whistling noise the Bentley Speed 8 would make when it lifted going into the Dunlop Chicane.
Old 7 May 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4154841)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Matra V12, Mazda rotary (turboed not aspirated like the Sigma), Lola Aston. May be could add the 333 SP but… no! Matra MS 670 (not B).
Old 11 May 2023, 22:11 (Ref:4155620)   #32
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not necessarily amazing sounding, but the Corvettes and lone TVR will stick with me forever - trying to sleep in a tent and hearing them every few minutes. (we stayed away from the circuit and threw a tent up in the rouge carpark overnight)
Old 22 May 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4157483)   #33
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In my opinion, and according my experience at trackside :

F550 Maranello
Aston DBR9 (same period than 550)
Both are very smooth

Of course, whole the Corvettes (except the c8)

At Le Mans Classic I heard the Peugeot 905 and others Group C, I loved them

More recently, I like the sound of the Gibson, even if it is veryyy common those last years…