Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2020 VASC Series?
#25 WAU - Chaz Mostert - Commodore 1 2.04%
#4 JSR - Jack Smith - Commodore 1 2.04%
#5 Tickford - Lee Holdsworth - Mustang 0 0%
#6 Tickford - Cam Waters - Mustang 2 4.08%
#7 KR - Andre Heimgartner - Mustang 0 0%
#8 BJR - Nick Percat - Commodore 0 0%
#9 Erebus - David Reynolds - Commodore 0 0%
#12 DJRTP - Fabian Coulthard - Mustang 0 0%
#14 BJR - Todd Hazelwood - Commodore 0 0%
#15 KR - Rick Kelly - Mustang 0 0%
#17 DJRTP - Scott McLaughlin - Mustang 25 51.02%
#18 Team18 - Mark Winterbottom - Commodore 0 0%
#19 Team Sydney - James Courtney - Commodore 1 2.04%
#3 TBR - Macauley Jones - Commodore 1 2.04%
#2 WAU - Bryce Fullwood - Commodore 0 0%
#23 23Red - Will Davison - Mustang 0 0%
#34 MSR - Zane Goddard/Jake Kostecki - Commodore 1 2.04%
#35 MSR - Garry Jacobson - Commodore 0 0%
#55 Tickford - Jack Le Brocq - Mustang 0 0%
#20 Team18 - Scott Pye - Commodore 0 0%
#88 RBHRT - Jamie Whincup - Commodore 5 10.20%
#22 Team Sydney - Chris Pither - Commodore 0 0%
#97 RBHRT - Shane Van Gisbergen - Commodore 12 24.49%
#99 Erebus - Anton de Pasquale - Commodore 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jan 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3794675)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2020 VASC Silly Season

Well, driver deals all seem to run out in 2019 so...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Jan 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3794693)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A huge shake up with Triple Eight since both Mr Lowndes and Mr Whincup have both hinted that next year could very well be their last full time drives?
Old 24 Jan 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3794721)   #3
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the current series and formula as we know it still exist in 2020?
Old 24 Jan 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3794758)   #4
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR Australia will emerge in 2019, I hate to think that but what if this is the replacement of Supercars...
Old 24 Jan 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3794766)   #5
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By 2020 will the series revel in a new guard of aces like Hazelwood, Le Brocq, de Pasquale, Brown, Fullwood, Heimgartner (etc)?

You'd have to think the likes of Winterbottom and Whincup (and certainly Lowndes, Davison, Holdsworth, R. Kelly etc) may have moved on by then.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 00:30 (Ref:3794844)   #6
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big changes for the 2020 season, Supercar dinosaurs , will be replaced by the one make Toyota Cup based on the hybrid Toyota Prius. Foxtel will be replaced with the ABC who will have a one hour highlight package on Saturday afternoon at 6pm, and on a Sunday afternoon there will be a two hour package showing qualifying, and the 45 minute race. Plus a 15 minute Q&A format where various intellectual people and prominent politicians will discuss the days Racing.

The Toyota Cup will be based around a ten inner city events on a special street circuit that will allow the community to come together in a harmonious way to celebrate life in general. This will allow easy access to the restaurants, coffee shops and free community face painting etc!

I believe in the first year , a member of the LGTBI community will become our first race winner and champion, along with her/his partner after they share a drive and win at the Pakenham 1000amp race. The series will be all inclusive, the 2021 Champion will be a disabled aboriginal with an arts degree, the 2022 Champion will be a refuge from Manus Island.

Looking forward to 2020!
Old 25 Jan 2018, 10:27 (Ref:3794914)   #7
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Big changes for the 2020 season, Supercar dinosaurs , will be replaced by the one make Toyota Cup based on the hybrid Toyota Prius. Foxtel will be replaced with the ABC who will have a one hour highlight package on Saturday afternoon at 6pm, and on a Sunday afternoon there will be a two hour package showing qualifying, and the 45 minute race. Plus a 15 minute Q&A format where various intellectual people and prominent politicians will discuss the days Racing.

The Toyota Cup will be based around a ten inner city events on a special street circuit that will allow the community to come together in a harmonious way to celebrate life in general. This will allow easy access to the restaurants, coffee shops and free community face painting etc!

I believe in the first year , a member of the LGTBI community will become our first race winner and champion, along with her/his partner after they share a drive and win at the Pakenham 1000amp race. The series will be all inclusive, the 2021 Champion will be a disabled aboriginal with an arts degree, the 2022 Champion will be a refuge from Manus Island.

Looking forward to 2020!
This forum really needs a like button...
Old 25 Jan 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3794922)   #8
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
You'd have to think the likes of Winterbottom and Whincup (and certainly Lowndes, Davison, Holdsworth, R. Kelly etc) may have moved on by then.
Davison & Kelly will only be 37 by 2020, Holdsworth around the same age, and isn't Winterbottom older than them all?

If we are booting drivers out by that age, you'll hardly be able to call driving Supercars as much of a 'career', as the earning's aren't really enough to set you up for life (unlike say F1 where you are gone by your late 30s but are setup for life $$ wise)
Old 25 Jan 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3794946)   #9
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad im travelling to bathurst this year to see alot of my fave cars (if I can call a 2 door fake commodore) a fave. By 2020 it could well be a complete European Class.

No longer V8 Supercars and lost its trademark.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3795166)   #10
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Glad im travelling to bathurst this year to see alot of my fave cars (if I can call a 2 door fake commodore) a fave. By 2020 it could well be a complete European Class.

No longer V8 Supercars and lost its trademark.
Part of why I'm doing it mate - getting there while the series is still running these cars and these drivers are still competing here
Old 27 Jan 2018, 03:08 (Ref:3795359)   #11
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Part of why I'm doing it mate - getting there while the series is still running these cars and these drivers are still competing here
Yeah exactly.
Good luck and enjoy
Old 27 Jan 2018, 05:41 (Ref:3795368)   #12
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If we are booting drivers out by that age, you'll hardly be able to call driving Supercars as much of a 'career', as the earning's aren't really enough to set you up for life (unlike say F1 where you are gone by your late 30s but are setup for life $$ wise)
Poor things, so they won't be able to just see out the rest of their days in retirement, but get a job like the rest of us. My heart bleeds. F1, global audience couple of hundred million, Supercars couple of hundred thousand, probably goes a long way to explaining the pay difference.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 06:46 (Ref:3795370)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Holden To Begin Talks About 2020 In 2019
Old 27 Jan 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3795373)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I notice they've gotten designer Peter Hughes back on board again.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3795374)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I notice they've gotten designer Peter Hughes back on board again.
Mr Hughes drew the Red Bull HRT cars, and the Autobarn Lowndes Racing one this year...
Old 1 Feb 2018, 00:14 (Ref:3797317)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lowndes To Codrive In 2020?
Old 5 Feb 2018, 03:11 (Ref:3798558)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
888 Talent Scouting
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3864148)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
2020 VASC Silly Season

The most interesting place to start

”Lowndes To Come Back In 2020” - Crennan

Old 19 Nov 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3864185)   #19
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got a list for us GTR?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3864208)   #20
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The most interesting place to start

”Lowndes To Come Back In 2020” - Crennan

Go back on my few recent posts other than Bathurst, I already said he wouldnt retire.

WAU
Old 19 Nov 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3864334)   #21
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig Lowndes and John Farnham comeback tour?
Old 20 Nov 2018, 01:15 (Ref:3864379)   #22
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Fred Gibson can put a deal together for 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Nov 2018, 01:47 (Ref:3864385)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Maybe Fred Gibson can put a deal together for 2020.
or maybe Bob Forbes can with Gibson's name on it.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 03:57 (Ref:3864405)   #24
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Triple Eight plots Super2 return
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...super2-return/

Supercars heavyweight Triple Eight is looking to rejoin the Dunlop Super2 Series as part of the team's revamp for 2019.

Kurt Kostecki in 888 in 2020
https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...380a1da3f90e92

IS THE SOLUTION ALREADY AT TRIPLE EIGHT?
Dane also suggested a possible solution may already be under Triple Eight’s roof.
“We’ve actually got a really good talent in the company who may or may not turn out to be the real deal in Kurt Kostecki,” he said.
The 19-year-old has dovetailed a role as an apprentice mechanic at Triple Eight — helping build the new ZB Commodores and doing the driving during the car’s straight-line aero tests — with an apprenticeship behind the wheel in the Super2 Series.
Kostecki also recently took part in a driver evaluation day for Triple Eight, joining US sports car ace Jordan Taylor in a test session at Queensland Raceway.
“He built that car,” Dane said.
“He’s an incredibly talented mechanic, and a very good young guy. But he’s still got to prove himself in the development series.”
Old 20 Nov 2018, 05:05 (Ref:3864408)   #25
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
or maybe Bob Forbes can with Gibson's name on it.
Only if Rodney gets the 2nd seat.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk