Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3344421)   #1
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing Jan 2014

Surprised this thread hasn't already been started or have I missed it? So please excuse a non-Kiwi starting this thread (and I think in the correct forum), I was just wondering if any locals know how the entries are coming along? The programme of events looks good but obviously the key will be a decent range of entries.

We will be on holiday in NZ when the first weekend is on and should be attending the Saturday - tickets booked already! Anyone know what the circuit is like for roaming access for spectators especially from a photography point of view, is it very limited in terms of access and high fencing etc? Looking forward to this one.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 00:52 (Ref:3344434)   #2
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Heycoop Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Surprised this thread hasn't already been started or have I missed it? So please excuse a non-Kiwi starting this thread (and I think in the correct forum), I was just wondering if any locals know how the entries are coming along? The programme of events looks good but obviously the key will be a decent range of entries.

We will be on holiday in NZ when the first weekend is on and should be attending the Saturday - tickets booked already! Anyone know what the circuit is like for roaming access for spectators especially from a photography point of view, is it very limited in terms of access and high fencing etc? Looking forward to this one.
IMO it is the best circuit in NZ for photographing, I've shot there probably 7-8 times as a spectator. I would say there are about 7 different angles that look good, from four different vantage points, and they all give quite different shots, which is great. All the fences are low enough to shoot over (as opposed to through). You will ideally need a lens that is at least 200mm, and also something around the 50-60mm mark, as a couple of the shooting spots are quite close to the track (plus ~50mm in the pits is always a good option )
Racing in the 2013/14 Motul Honda Cup. #143 EG Civic. Facebook search Heycoop Racing to show your support and see my progress throughout the season.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3344451)   #3
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

From the NZFMR Facebook page:

"Come and hear the sweet music of THREE F1 Ferrari’s!! There will be over 400 entrants, F5000’s, Can-Am Cars, Historic Muscle Cars, Show and Shine and the attempt at the NZ record by gathering more than 100 Ferrari’s."

Sounds good to me!

Also, maybe this thread should be moved to the NZ Motor Racing section?
Racing in the 2013/14 Motul Honda Cup. #143 EG Civic. Facebook search Heycoop Racing to show your support and see my progress throughout the season.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3344482)   #4
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going home to Auckland from Perth / Western Australia for this event, both weekends. Will be good to catch up with some people and racing friends. Can't wait!!!!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:59 (Ref:3344487)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heycoop Racing View Post
Also, maybe this thread should be moved to the NZ Motor Racing section?
Why spoil it?

FWIW the Historic Racing Forum is not geographically restricted.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3344494)   #6
Heycoop Racing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Why spoil it?
Hahahaha, that is pretty much why I have given up on this forum. I think we should start a completely irrelevent and pointless argument now...
Old 16 Dec 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3344515)   #7
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this historic racing or the current series,or have both been combined? Sorry have lost touch with this scene-did not know there was a 'new zealand forum'
Have followed NZ racing in january since I remember reading about Stirling Moss winning in 1956.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3344525)   #8
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the historic festival that they run each January, normally with a theme e.g Bruce McLaren, Denny Hulme. In 2014 it's a Ferrari theme.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3344630)   #9
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly we are going to miss this one, have fun all those that are going.