Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jan 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2608516)   #51
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Help!

I am having a thorough clean out for the New Year and I came across these two photograph taken in about 1999. This is NOT a quiz but can anyone help with where they were taken - I have not got a clue!
Attached Thumbnails
1999.jpg   Tiga  1999.jpg  
Old 5 Jan 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2608520)   #52
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I am having a thorough clean out for the New Year and I came across these two photograph taken in about 1999. This is NOT a quiz but can anyone help with where they were taken - I have not got a clue!
The 2nd one is Silverstone
Old 6 Jan 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2608766)   #53
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
1st one Donnington?

2nd, entrance to Luffield?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2608776)   #54
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
1st one Donnington?
Or even Donington
Old 6 Jan 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2608788)   #55
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st shot,I wonder if Justin can remember where it is?
2nd is the exit of Brooklands,Silverstone.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2608797)   #56
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
1st shot,I wonder if Justin can remember where it is?
2nd is the exit of Brooklands,Silverstone.
Brilliant. I have marked the second photo as Silverstone BUT the first one still alludes us!
Old 6 Jan 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2608824)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Took a while,exit of Le Combes Spa?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2608838)   #58
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely not Donington. We never raced the Tiga at that track.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2608858)   #59
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Having spent the day working outside in the sleet, coming home and starting again in the garage which it seems is colder than outside (theres ice formed on the car covers!) is hardly appealing but its got to be done............I'm going in
Good man Moosie Ive got my race underwear on with three pairs of socks.Just thinking of wearing balaclava but might look more scary than i am
Old 6 Jan 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2608867)   #60
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Good man Moosie Ive got my race underwear on with three pairs of socks.Just thinking of wearing balaclava but might look more scary than i am
I hope you have normal clothing over the top Iain
If your standing in one place,try laying thick cardboard on the floor where your standing,its very good insulation.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 11:33 (Ref:2608870)   #61
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Took a while,exit of Le Combes Spa?
With a Stella banner in the background it certainly suggests a non-British track.

The 2 piles of tyres (if that is what they are) marking the apex are, er, an interesting idea I don't recall seeing used very often. Would they help to jog memories and narrow the options?
Old 6 Jan 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2609003)   #62
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Dont you guys have one of those mini blower Propane heaters in your garages? They are very good.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2609030)   #63
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Dont you guys have one of those mini blower Propane heaters in your garages? They are very good.
LOL

Al, if I put one of those blowers in then I'd have to stand outside!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2609032)   #64
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Dont worry about them Al,their only looking for sympathy!
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2609036)   #65
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on guys, with Stella (beer) advertising it can only be (and it is) Spa Les Combes corner as Terry says.
You've all been driving round the place often enough.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2609040)   #66
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That's a bit stern Eddy .We are only a bunch of amateurses
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2609041)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ive got an old paraffin blower but i have to hide it when the insurance assessor come's round
Old 6 Jan 2010, 19:35 (Ref:2609050)   #68
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Do you remember thos ones that you could burn your old engine oil in? Moose that must be one small garage, I spoilt myself and built a real big un a few years back.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2609067)   #69
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ive got an old paraffin blower but i have to hide it when the insurance assessor come's round
Yeah, me too. But fortunately she is usually out shopping when anyone important visits.

Old 6 Jan 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2609076)   #70
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Come on guys, with Stella (beer) advertising it can only be (and it is) Spa Les Combes corner as Terry says.
Dont forget Eddy,the armco/Stella are behind after we've gone past it[hopefully!]
Old 7 Jan 2010, 08:09 (Ref:2609288)   #71
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Dont you guys have one of those mini blower Propane heaters in your garages? They are very good, at making everything wet and go rusty .

3 small electric fan heaters do the trick ( insulated walls and roof have also paid dividents

I stopped short of shagpile carpet
Old 7 Jan 2010, 09:31 (Ref:2609312)   #72
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hey dont misquote me Mr Zef, where did I say they were good at making everything wet and rusty!!! Never noticed it in my garage but I did build it in a traditional way with 8inch blocks and a proper sloping tiled roof as I may want to convert it into a bungalow now I have heard the twits at the bottom of the garden who thought they had a ransome strip of land across the back of me in a council adobted road have been defeated in court. Could be worth several hundred grand to me that, won't have a big garage but with that money I am sure I can soon get one somewhere. ;-).
Old 7 Jan 2010, 09:53 (Ref:2609324)   #73
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Thanks Eddy. I will take your word for it - Les Combes it is!
Old 7 Jan 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2609659)   #74
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least I thought you guys somehow managed to keep the names of beer and wine in mind.
Even if they are behind the armco.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2609753)   #75
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
How could we forget Eddy,thats where we get beer mugs waved at us from.