Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Aug 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3843224)   #126
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like Cammish, and he will get a win and have a decent BTCC career, but I cant help but think if the Neal's are wondering if they made the right choice for a "plug and play" Shedden replacement for 2018
Old 12 Aug 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3843227)   #127
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I like Cammish, and he will get a win and have a decent BTCC career, but I cant help but think if the Neal's are wondering if they made the right choice for a "plug and play" Shedden replacement for 2018
Maybe they've expected too much from him too soon, maybe everyone has but Race 1, seriously? Anyone else likely to win a race this season?
Old 12 Aug 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3843228)   #128
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Maybe they've expected too much from him too soon, maybe everyone has but Race 1, seriously? Anyone else likely to win a race this season?
Yeah I mean he has hardly lost a race in the last 2 or 3 years haha
I think its taken him a bit longer to get used to FWD over a race distance and he ends up falling away, I think his pace over 1 lap for qualifying is as good as anyone elses, but he just seems a bit clumsy and gets involved in a lot of silly incidents which push him back. (although Neal wasnt exactly on the pace today)

The obvious alternative was Jackson but there was also Huff available and possibly TOC, not sure how any of these would have fared compared to Cammish up to this point considering how new the car is

I think Jordan will get a win before the year is out, and if he is lucky Chilton on a reverse grid like today
Old 12 Aug 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3843235)   #129
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Yeah I mean he has hardly lost a race in the last 2 or 3 years haha
I think its taken him a bit longer to get used to FWD over a race distance and he ends up falling away, I think his pace over 1 lap for qualifying is as good as anyone elses, but he just seems a bit clumsy and gets involved in a lot of silly incidents which push him back. (although Neal wasnt exactly on the pace today)

The obvious alternative was Jackson but there was also Huff available and possibly TOC, not sure how any of these would have fared compared to Cammish up to this point considering how new the car is

I think Jordan will get a win before the year is out, and if he is lucky Chilton on a reverse grid like today
Well Jackson tried but we all know how that turned out since he was supposed to be contracted to Motorbase. In the case of Cammish, safe to say he hasn't been many times over the past 5 years, (who could forget his 2013?) but when you've been driving RWD Porsches for several years then it's natural to struggle with FWD and the learning curve gets steeper still when you consider the FK8 is a new car and this is the Ultra-Competitive BTCC after all and replacing a 3 time Champ? Big shoes to fill is an understatement. He's got to keep his nose clean soon and get his act together eventually, he's clearly got that potential.
Old 12 Aug 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3843245)   #130
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's your Rockingham penalty list...

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...ham-penalties/
Old 12 Aug 2018, 21:09 (Ref:3843247)   #131
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
Here's your Rockingham penalty list...

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...ham-penalties/
Cammish fined for the post-qualifying interview
Old 12 Aug 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3843248)   #132
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did he say?
Old 12 Aug 2018, 21:19 (Ref:3843249)   #133
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
What did he say?
I imagine the offending part was when he said that he should've put Jelley in the wall.
Old 12 Aug 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3843251)   #134
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cammish was always going to have a hard maiden year regardless I think, what with being Sheddens replacement.

Personally I think he needs to keep his head down and get on with it. I don’t know whether he’s frustrated with results as I’m sure he’d have started the season with a lot of expectations.
Old 12 Aug 2018, 21:47 (Ref:3843254)   #135
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Cammish was always going to have a hard maiden year regardless I think, what with being Sheddens replacement.

Personally I think he needs to keep his head down and get on with it. I don’t know whether he’s frustrated with results as I’m sure he’d have started the season with a lot of expectations.
He certainly didn't help his cause with that post-quali interview.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3843282)   #136
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I was impressed with Dan Cammish at the start of the season, but he's not continued to improve, so has fallen backwards. He's obviously got his aggressive head on this weekend which needs to be tempered, shown by his post-qualifying comments and then stupid actions at the start of race 1. If he can sort himself out, temper his aggression and look after his tyres better he could be a future star of The BTCC.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3843291)   #137
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Using Neal's performance as a benchmark, I don't think Cammish is doing all that badly to be fair. His lack of experience/confidence in FWD clearly shows, but he’s getting better and finally the elbows required for BTCC survival have come out (he was a bit TOO clean in the early round and didn’t really fight or defend all that well).

What doesn’t help is that the FK8 is clearly 'not there yet' compared to the old FK2 as neither of them have really been up there on a consistent basis.

I know he’s going to be hot property next year, but if I were Team Dynamics I'd seriously be considering Ingram as a replacement (for either seat if Neal ever retires!).
Old 13 Aug 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3843293)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Cammish has done alright considering how new the car is and the fact it's his first season with FWD, but I wonder if he will get that first win this season. Love to be proved wrong
Old 13 Aug 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3843301)   #139
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Cammish has done alright considering how new the car is and the fact it's his first season with FWD, but I wonder if he will get that first win this season. Love to be proved wrong
Starting to have my doubts but I agree.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3843415)   #140
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something that happened yesterday that hasn't been mentioned in the thread is Chilton's interview after the first lap incident in race 3. He stated that Simpson used him as a brake and that he hit him so hard that he felt like it was a "Playstation move". So let's ignore the fact that he (and many others) did exactly the same thing as you eh, Tom? Such a delusional, spoilt brat who's incapable of recognising his own shortcomings. What a loser.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3843441)   #141
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Something that happened yesterday that hasn't been mentioned in the thread is Chilton's interview after the first lap incident in race 3. He stated that Simpson used him as a brake and that he hit him so hard that he felt like it was a "Playstation move". So let's ignore the fact that he (and many others) did exactly the same thing as you eh, Tom? Such a delusional, spoilt brat who's incapable of recognising his own shortcomings. What a loser.
Spoiled rich-kid Chiltons eh?
Old 13 Aug 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3843457)   #142
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Such a delusional, spoilt brat who's incapable of recognising his own shortcomings. What a loser.
IMHO this is still probably among the reasons Jackson sought to jump ship.

Still cant take this guy seriously, never warmed to him after his antics in 2010, and this year he's gone from telling Louise how special his first win of the year was when he finished second to Matt Simpson at Oulton only to be corrected and have to wind his neck in, to his "party like its 1999" style celebrations at qualifying on the second row at Snetterton.

Goes missing too often and is a complete style over substance prima donna

rant over

Last edited by btccbloke; 13 Aug 2018 at 20:13. Reason: stupid spelling :)
Old 13 Aug 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3843458)   #143
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he ran out of talent.....
Old 13 Aug 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3843459)   #144
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
he ran out of talent.....
Now there's a driver who's disappointed me since he came back, PMR wasted their time last year and now Motorbase is doing likewise....
Old 13 Aug 2018, 20:31 (Ref:3843465)   #145
Evantra
Veteran

England
Odd, I really like Chilton. He's certainly got enthusiasm and has really been doing well this season - not quite a win but several podiums and consitently in the top 10.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3843467)   #146
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Chilton will always be a playboy but he pays the Gallagher big bucks
Old 13 Aug 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3843470)   #147
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Chilton will always be a playboy but he pays the Gallagher big bucks
...and delivers solid results if not much else....
Old 13 Aug 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3843485)   #148
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How a driver with 16 years of touring car experience is still cooking front tyres at his age is beyond me.
Old 13 Aug 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3843497)   #149
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Chilton is more grounded these days. Must have been that learning experience of having to develop the Arena Focus on a tight budget. Anyone who can win in the WTCC can’t be all bad. He’s still in the title race due to consistency and that says something. Would have been further up, if he hadn’t been caught out by the rain in R3
Old 14 Aug 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3843534)   #150
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think Chilton is more grounded these days. Must have been that learning experience of having to develop the Arena Focus on a tight budget. Anyone who can win in the WTCC can’t be all bad. He’s still in the title race due to consistency and that says something. Would have been further up, if he hadn’t been caught out by the rain in R3
Tight budget?!