Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Nov 2005, 03:37 (Ref:1453185)   #751
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Pretzel, how's yours coming along??
Old 6 Nov 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1453337)   #752
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmdog
I can vaguely remember seeing one of the yellow mustangs for sale recently, but cant remember the details.

One of the brothers (at least) is still involved in the sport in the Shaky isles, possably with one of his offspring. Ill ask a K1W1 mate next time I see him and see what I can wein out of him.
Spoke to my K1W1 mate over the weekend, it seems the gent who originally built the Pinepac Mustang/s is restoring one of them and its near completion in NZ now. Planned for a trip over here soon with one of the Anderson Borthers driving I would assume. I do believe the same builder is taking care of the young Anderson's NZV8.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 02:57 (Ref:1453816)   #753
ThePretzel
Rookie

Australia
North of Melbourne
ThePretzel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
So Pretzel, how's yours coming along??
Was waiting on Regs to come out, but that seems to take a lot longer than it should...... So am in the process of having it caged and painted at the moment !
Old 7 Nov 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1453823)   #754
gruncle
Rookie

Australia
central victoria
gruncle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretzel
Was waiting on Regs to come out, but that seems to take a lot longer than it should...... So am in the process of having it caged and painted at the moment !
He is getting it painted pink with pretty pansies all over it to remind him of his driving style, and the roll cage is getting supplied with a hook for his glomesh handbag to hang off!!!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 05:03 (Ref:1453852)   #755
bathurst77
Racer

bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why? Is he getting Greg Murphy to drive it?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 05:31 (Ref:1453861)   #756
ThePretzel
Rookie

Australia
North of Melbourne
ThePretzel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruncle
He is getting it painted pink with pretty pansies all over it to remind him of his driving style, and the roll cage is getting supplied with a hook for his glomesh handbag to hang off!!!
I think you are getting confused again Gruncle..... It's time for your afternoon nap again The paint scheme you've mentioned is what we're doing with your pit support vehicle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
why? Is he getting Greg Murphy to drive it?
Not likely Bathurst77....... How would I ever get the smell back out of it
Old 16 Nov 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1462519)   #757
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Group A car saved..........

http://www.nzmustang.com/History/Racecars/pinepac1.htm
Old 17 Nov 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1462923)   #758
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, that's brilliant Steve, I always loved those Mustangs. Any idea on what happened to the 2nd Pinepac car, (or it background?)
Old 17 Nov 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1463461)   #759
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The second car was NZ built by the Andersons based on what they'd learnt from the first car. At most of the NZ GpA races, Wayne Anderson raced one car, Bruce Anderson the other. And their old XE Falcon GpA car, which Dick Johnson put on pole in the '85 Wellington Street Race also appeared sometimes with the Mustangs.

After they sold the Mustangs, the second car ended up with Rex Findlay, who turned it into a sports sedan. It wasn't haevily modified though. Just had front and rear spoilers fitted, fibreglass flares, bigger wheels, and the 302 was replaced by a 351, and it was painted red. I don't know where it dissapeared to, but it reappeared for sale recently on Trade Me, fully restored back to Pinepac livery, with starting bid around $30-40K from memory.

The Andersons had a third shell which they built into a road car. Bruce told me they used some of the GpA bits in it, and he used it for his daily transport for a while. That would have been fun........
Old 26 Nov 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1470577)   #760
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In keeping with the intention of this thread which is to help keep track of cars, I can inform that I have sold my ex JPS 635 . It will be going to Melbourne to be restored. The new owner is an Aussie who lives and works in Hong Kong but will race the car here in Group A races. Sure I've made a few dollars on the deal but more importantly I've sold the car to someone who has the means to restore the car to its' former glory.
I can now concentrate on thew M3
Old 26 Nov 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1470941)   #761
groupnxu1
Rookie

groupnxu1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David, he wouldn't happen to also own a Orange Monaro would he?
Old 27 Nov 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1471234)   #762
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by groupnxu1
David, he wouldn't happen to also own a Orange Monaro would he?
I don't actually know, does the orange Monaro owner live in Asia?
Old 1 Dec 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1474465)   #763
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
I was interested to see this ad on my105.com

This is how the car is painted now...

... and was the 1983 'dog and tree' car.... a lot of $$ @ $155k....
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 1 Dec 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1474469)   #764
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
In keeping with the intention of this thread which is to help keep track of cars, I can inform that I have sold my ex JPS 635 . It will be going to Melbourne to be restored. The new owner is an Aussie who lives and works in Hong Kong but will race the car here in Group A races. Sure I've made a few dollars on the deal but more importantly I've sold the car to someone who has the means to restore the car to its' former glory.
I can now concentrate on thew M3
Congratulations on the sale of the 635! Its nice to know it is off to a good home, to be restored to its former glory. And that you made some money on it....

With any luck it might even free up the finances for you a little, to go interstating in the beautiful little M3
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 2 Dec 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1475398)   #765
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Congratulations on the sale of the 635! Its nice to know it is off to a good home, to be restored to its former glory. And that you made some money on it....

With any luck it might even free up the finances for you a little, to go interstating in the beautiful little M3
It will, we're aiming to go to Phillip Island Historics with a new engine in the car and a new spare one in a new trailer (if finished by then) along with a couple of diffs and a gearbox, a couple of sets of new tyres and our own promo girls (don't tell the wife) a new tow vehicle and stay in 5 star accommodation for a change. In reallity we'll be happy with a new engine in the car and food and fuel money.