Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Jun 2019, 20:56 (Ref:3912257)   #16
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Actually, the stock Valkyrie weighs nearly 1100kg.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3912276)   #17
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Actually, the stock Valkyrie weighs nearly 1100kg.
I know, and that's the point. They seemingly want as little work to do as possible. We'll see but from what we know so far that's how it appears.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3912286)   #18
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How are they going to "balance" that aero?
Old 16 Jun 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3912295)   #19
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post

well it's an already almost impossible task to balance NA and turbo engines, balance aero will be quite unlikely. BTW, don't think that amr will bring a valkirye chassis to race... to me multimatic will build a lmp like carbon tub fitted with the V12 and will build a valkirye like bodywork around
Old 16 Jun 2019, 23:00 (Ref:3912300)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
well it's an already almost impossible task to balance NA and turbo engines, balance aero will be quite unlikely. BTW, don't think that amr will bring a valkirye chassis to race... to me multimatic will build a lmp like carbon tub fitted with the V12 and will build a valkirye like bodywork around
Then it's only a Valkyrie in name with a detuned version of the 'same' engine powering the road car. I don't know if that's the case here. Seems they want to bring the actual VALKYRIE to Le Mans, not a prototype with a look-alike bodykit.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 23:15 (Ref:3912304)   #21
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Well, the Valkyrie is basically sort of like what the ACO/FIA envision Hypercar being. So in that way, I can't really blame Aston Martin for wanting to give the car a place to race. It's more LMP for the road than F1 car for the road IMO, anyways.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 00:59 (Ref:3912327)   #22
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Meet BoP.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 14:21 (Ref:3912426)   #23
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Forgive my potential ignorance, but doesn't this go against the point of the whole thing being road car based?
Old 17 Jun 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3912499)   #24
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Forgive my potential ignorance, but doesn't this go against the point of the whole thing being road car based?
That's what I was thinking in my last post. If that's the case, then the Valkyrie isn't all that different in race spec. If it's 1100kg in race trim, then there's basically no difference in terms of weight from what the road car is. The regs are tailored to them because they wanted to enter this thing. So with that in mind, there's your reason of the relatively high weight.
Old 17 Jun 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3912510)   #25
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How much does the Rimac KERS system weight? It's suprising they don't know if they will run hybrid or not.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 02:11 (Ref:3912588)   #26
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Indeed. I would assume the homologation process is not too different from the way it is done in GTE.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 00:55 (Ref:3913205)   #27
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I'm wondering what will/won't be allowed in the Hypercar LMP1 regs. The front wing and huge tunnels on the Valkyrie can't be legal per the ACO, right?

Also, Graham from DSC in the non-ACO specific Aston Martin Racing thread said that the Valhalla was supposed to form the original basis for AMR's LMP1 Hypercar. I wonder what changed that and what form a Valhalla influenced LMP1 might have taken, be it GTE+ or a DPI-like LMP1 like what Toyota's might very well be.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3913248)   #28
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm wondering what will/won't be allowed in the Hypercar LMP1 regs. The front wing and huge tunnels on the Valkyrie can't be legal per the ACO, right?

Also, Graham from DSC in the non-ACO specific Aston Martin Racing thread said that the Valhalla was supposed to form the original basis for AMR's LMP1 Hypercar. I wonder what changed that and what form a Valhalla influenced LMP1 might have taken, be it GTE+ or a DPI-like LMP1 like what Toyota's might very well be.
I'm not 100% but the article I linked to from Japanese Autosport seemingly says that the under body is more open than the current regs.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3913332)   #29
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone know whether these cars will need to have BHH/BHF. Or could we finally be rid of that sh*te due to the slower speeds, roadcar cues etc.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3913334)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Anyone know whether these cars will need to have BHH/BHF. Or could we finally be rid of that sh*te due to the slower speeds, roadcar cues etc.
I'm guessing fin will still be there but maybe some leeway on the fender holes?