Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3922224)   #31
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is that true? Nice promotion.
Old 10 Aug 2019, 19:39 (Ref:3922228)   #32
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Would I tell porkies Adam?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 04:00 (Ref:3922259)   #33
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not doubting you, more I’d like to know more.

Although maybe you lie all the time.

It’s the first time I’ve heard that.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 07:58 (Ref:3922269)   #34
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
You mean all the MV fans in orange arenít wearing the official AM/RB Ä40 tee shirts?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3922274)   #35
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Does it really matter? It's like children in a nursery on here sometimes.. Just put an orange shirt/skirt, (whatever you're into) on.. It cost £8,000,000 for Jos to have them made in China and handed out at each GP this year...
I buy out of China all the time , that equates to 32 million tee shirts?! Thats more tee shirts than there are Dutch people..... file under BS I reckon
Old 11 Aug 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3922276)   #36
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I buy out of China all the time , that equates to 32 million tee shirts?! Thats more tee shirts than there are Dutch people..... file under BS I reckon
Don't forget the Belgians!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3922282)   #37
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes. Let's come full circle.

Seriously, great thread. Too bad we are fighting to claim or disavow "ownership" of Max. I can confidently say he is not American. I do find this discussion amusing. Many Americans will proudly say they are an American plus tout their family heritage. I for one have significant Italian heritage via my mother's side. So both Austin and Monza are my home GPs.

Richard
Old 11 Aug 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3922287)   #38
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sadly that mean Jos has still over ordered by 3 million.....
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3922289)   #39
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!crmalcolm is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sadly that mean Jos has still over ordered by 3 million.....
Those are going to Austrians!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3922290)   #40
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Yes. Let's come full circle.

Seriously, great thread. Too bad we are fighting to claim or disavow "ownership" of Max. I can confidently say he is not American. I do find this discussion amusing. Many Americans will proudly say they are an American plus tout their family heritage. I for one have significant Italian heritage via my mother's side. So both Austin and Monza are my home GPs.

Richard
We have a similar situation with sports stars in the UK.

Hamilton is British when he wins, but English when he doesn't (from a Scottish perspective).
Rory McIlroy is Irish or British depending on the contest.
English cricketers come from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. But Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and Irish cricketers only come from those countries.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3922291)   #41
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
We have a similar situation with sports stars in the UK.

Hamilton is British when he wins, but English when he doesn't (from a Scottish perspective).
Rory McIlroy is Irish or British depending on the contest.
Iíve started to think that this doesnít really happen. Maybe it used to? My theory is people just notice it when it supports this view, but donít when it doesnít.

Besides, Lewis is American when he loses

Quote:
English cricketers come from Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. But Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and Irish cricketers only come from those countries.
Off topic: I donít know the eligibility rules, but assume they are like rugby? One thing is the England team is technically the England and Wales cricket team.
And hereís to Eoin Morgan
Old 11 Aug 2019, 14:40 (Ref:3922295)   #42
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Iíve started to think that this doesnít really happen. Maybe it used to? My theory is people just notice it when it supports this view, but donít when it doesnít.

Besides, Lewis is American when he loses

Off topic: I donít know the eligibility rules, but assume they are like rugby? One thing is the England team is technically the England and Wales cricket team.
And hereís to Eoin Morgan
The cricket eligibility is all a bit confusing.

Morgan is English because of his mother. (Interesting in the context of this thread).

The ICC determines eligibility and it is based on membership. Scottish and Irish cricketers are no longer eligible to play for England as their own nations are members.
The West Indies is not a single nation, but a collective.

A similar confusion exists around membership of the IOC compared to FIFA/PGA when it comes to Olympic representation.

And a whole can of worms when you consider that Jersey, Guernsey, N.Ireland etc are not part of Great Britain, but compete as Team GB!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3922296)   #43
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
At least the nationality of Red Bull is clear - unlike 10 years ago!
Old 11 Aug 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3922297)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
4 t-shirts for a 1 pound...thats a serious deal. Always buy in bulk!

But the number of shirts aside, how hard would it be to fill an entire grandstand at every race with one driver's supporters who all happen to be wearing the same shirt?

Kinda makes more sense that everyone in that grandstand had a free tee waiting for them in their seat no?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 16:16 (Ref:3922302)   #45
djinvicta
Subscriber
Veteran

Wales
French France
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Liking this thread...some great replies re the orange Dutch/Belgian shirts and those that don't know/aren't sure..

Some super serious people out there...