Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:05 (Ref:2502902)   #51
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I think Hulkenburg deserves an F1 drive and would probably be quicker than Barichello and so it would be a better choice for Williams. Barichello would demand money and Williams really are not in a position to do that at this point. Maybe a Williams- Mercedes in 2010 with Hulkenberg and Sutil?
Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:19 (Ref:2502912)   #52
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
it looks like Vettel and Webber for 2010 according to Autosport
Old 16 Jul 2009, 19:07 (Ref:2502938)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Hardly a silly season snippet Peralta??

Of course one thing that we ought to consider is that if for some reason the 3new teams don't make it, and we lose either Toyota or Renault, then we could be talking about which drivers might be taking 3rd seats in some of the 'grandee' teams?

Maybe there' still room for Kimi at Ferrari after all.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2503030)   #54
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Update re McLaren. Glock is unlikely to be available, because Toyota have an option on him, which they are almost certain to exercise.

I don't know Sutil's contractual situation, but in any case the feeling chez McLaren is that it's better to get the car sorted before they start messing around with what is a harmonious driver relationship. Sorry to anyone who was thirsting for Heikki's sacrifice, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 22:13 (Ref:2503033)   #55
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber to Renault.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 04:58 (Ref:2503095)   #56
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber To McLaren??
Old 17 Jul 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2503249)   #57
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the situation with Red Bulls disposal of Torro Rosso at the end of this season? This is going to have a huge effect on who drives for Torro Rosso or whatever they are called in 2010. I assume that Red Bull would not have an automatic right to place drivers from their stable in the team?
Old 17 Jul 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2503331)   #58
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
according to news sources Buemi will stay with Toro Rosso for 2010. Webber and Vettel for RBR for 2010 as well.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2503382)   #59
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AMuS says Rosberg could be off to one of McLaren, BMW or Brawn, whilst Kovalainen has been in talks with Williams as well as Rubens
Old 17 Jul 2009, 16:34 (Ref:2503391)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The addition of three new teams is making all this 'guess-work' far more difficult than normal.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2503399)   #61
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
The addition of three new teams is making all this 'guess-work' far more difficult than normal.
Yes it is, but at least it means there are more seats to fill.

Apart from Bruno Senna, I would I would very much like to see Adam Carroll given a chance somewhere.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2503683)   #62
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Yes it is, but at least it means there are more seats to fill.

Apart from Bruno Senna, I would I would very much like to see Adam Carroll given a chance somewhere.
Im going to take a punt that Bruno Senna will be in an F1 car in Brazil.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 15:02 (Ref:2503805)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Im going to take a punt that Bruno Senna will be in an F1 car in Brazil.
As a Bruno fan, my first thought was, yes, bring it on, but then my brain engaged. It's clear from some of Bononi's posts that if Bruno does make it to F1 the expectation back home in Brazil wil be immense. It would be even worse if his début were to be in Brazil, so nice thought but not such a good idea after all. Shame.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2503811)   #64
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
AMuS says Rosberg could be off to one of McLaren, BMW or Brawn, whilst Kovalainen has been in talks with Williams as well as Rubens
Why has Kovalianen been in talks with Rubens?
Is Heikki trying to de-stress him a little?
Old 18 Jul 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2503813)   #65
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
According to this story, Pedro de la Rosa has signed a two-year deal with Campos Meta.

Bruno Senna and Sergio Perez are under consideration for the second seat. It would be a good place for either of them to make a start in F1.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2503822)   #66
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Funny

A couple of months ago I said that Campos had signed DelaRosa and Perez with Telmex money and I was laughed at. Now it looks like it may be a possibility. Should be a good driver lineup.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 17:09 (Ref:2503825)   #67
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why would Kovalainen be in talks with Rubens
Old 18 Jul 2009, 17:19 (Ref:2503828)   #68
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Why has Kovalianen been in talks with Rubens?
Is Heikki trying to de-stress him a little?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Why would Kovalainen be in talks with Rubens
He is setting up his own team. He's decided it's the only way he's ever going to get fair treatment with his team mate

And if he lasts 2 years, de la Rosa will be racing until the age of 40 at least. Not bad for a driver who was old coming in to start with
Old 18 Jul 2009, 18:00 (Ref:2503837)   #69
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
He is setting up his own team. He's decided it's the only way he's ever going to get fair treatment with his team mate

And if he lasts 2 years, de la Rosa will be racing until the age of 40 at least. Not bad for a driver who was old coming in to start with

Webber we on about here, or Rubens??
Old 18 Jul 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2503927)   #70
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Funny

A couple of months ago I said that Campos had signed DelaRosa and Perez with Telmex money and I was laughed at. Now it looks like it may be a possibility. Should be a good driver lineup.
I don't remember the post, Peralta, but if that was what you said, good prediction.

If it's Telmex providing the funding, it's likely to be Sergio in the #2 car, but my own opinion that would be a mistake. Bruno would be a better bet at this stage in their careers.

Sergio is already the youngest driver in GP2 and needs another year before moving up to F1. On his day he was he was unbeatable in BF3 last season, but there were other days when he was luck lustre.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 23:24 (Ref:2503975)   #71
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I agree with you Perez needs another year in GP2 but it could mean he will be reserve driver with DeLa Rosa and Senna in the lineup. Senna is backed by one of Carlos Slim's companies as Perez. However Campos has denied any association with Slim.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2503983)   #72
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

So Potsie has 8 more years to go? Nice
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Jul 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2504119)   #73
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So Potsie has 8 more years to go? Nice
8-times Formula 1 World Champion Mark Webber has a nice ring to it
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 19 Jul 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2504146)   #74
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Update re McLaren. Glock is unlikely to be available, because Toyota have an option on him, which they are almost certain to exercise.

I don't know Sutil's contractual situation, but in any case the feeling chez McLaren is that it's better to get the car sorted before they start messing around with what is a harmonious driver relationship. Sorry to anyone who was thirsting for Heikki's sacrifice, but I don't think it's going to happen.
I agree with that - McLaren have bigger issues than their driver line-up to resolve at the moment. And they already know that there's a risk of upsetting their star driver by bringing in the "wrong" sort of team-mate.

I'm also confused by the Glock/Sutil to McLaren story, just based on not being entirely sure what either has done to justify it. Glock has been anonymous for the past few races, and I don't quite see what a few others seem to see in Sutil - he's good on a wet track, but for he's not exactly blowing Fisichella away. I remain mystified by the Sutil fan club.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Jul 2009, 14:03 (Ref:2504201)   #75
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Perhaps the Glock move element of this is gaining ground because the rumours about Toyota pulling out aren't going away?