Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 17 May 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3407332)   #276
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read somewhere it was 720 kg including 120 kg batteries on board. Actual weight will always vary some...
Old 18 May 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3407381)   #277
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
I was surprised to see that the tub is build bij ADDESS.
Me too. But I had to laugh at the silent down the Mulsanne comment, have they not seen the Audi's the past 7 years!?
Old 18 May 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3407416)   #278
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
At least the Audi still makes some noise, these electric cars have nearly no sound but a whistle.
Old 18 May 2014, 09:48 (Ref:3407447)   #279
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
What if the relatively sudden clarification of the ERS incentive was actually a carrot being dangled in front of Nissan's nose ...

Pure speculation on my part, but it would mean that Nissan will have been given their desired reassurances for taking part and most of the arguing will have been done before their P1 effort arrives. So to the casual viewer/new fan (which is where Nissan's PR has been aimed) they will have had no part to play in any BoP-like nonsense.
Hey... this is a good point I hadn't even thought before!

In my view this - as in Nissan making their lobbying demands during winter and ACO modifying regs for that direction (bigger ERS -> better lap time and EoT crap) to please them - would actually be worse than ACO just making things up as they go.

If Nissan comes up with 8MJ petrol P1 (with the plain obvious BUT word added as Simmi said ), well...
Old 18 May 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3407598)   #280
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If they were lobbying the rule makers, itd probably be for their specific solution (maybe 1 lap all electric). The MJ/Lap thing has been going on since 2012 at least. Imo Porsche are probably more the beneficiary of the current rules. Nissan will take a bit to be winning, just like Porsche. But by then Porsche will probably be in position to be winning races. So who does it really look like was pushing? Probably more Toyota and Porsche first, then Nissan want to be heard.
Old 19 May 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3407679)   #281
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will the car be run in a hybrid mode or will they just store energy for the 14th lap electric only...120kg is a pretty god awful penalty to pay just to show that you can do an electric lap at Le Mans....The fact of the matter is that batteries just don't have anywhere near the energy density of gasoline. As good as the Tesla is, we won't see anything like that at Le Mans in LMP1 because it would be grossly overweight.
Old 19 May 2014, 02:50 (Ref:3407686)   #282
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They will be charging the battery through braking only. You can of course run the electric motors and the gasoline motor together if you want, for a hell of a lap, but that is not the point of the exhibit (and I bet it will not be officially allowed to outrun any of the factory P1 cars). You are right, it is very big penalty to pay, carrying 120 kg at all time for only one lap every 13-14 laps, but it is what it is. I personally would love to see the car run a race with no batteries and no electric motors and all the stuff associated with it - just the little 3 cyl ICE and around 550 - 570 kg of car, and see how it goes. It should be one little sucker, with more power and better aero than 2012... but I suspect it will remain just a wish.
Old 19 May 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3407694)   #283
Richard T
Rookie

Sweden
Stockholm
Richard T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
They will be charging the battery through braking only. You can of course run the electric motors and the gasoline motor together if you want, for a hell of a lap, but that is not the point of the exhibit (and I bet it will not be officially allowed to outrun any of the factory P1 cars). You are right, it is very big penalty to pay, carrying 120 kg at all time for only one lap every 13-14 laps, but it is what it is. I personally would love to see the car run a race with no batteries and no electric motors and all the stuff associated with it - just the little 3 cyl ICE and around 550 - 570 kg of car, and see how it goes. It should be one little sucker, with more power and better aero than 2012... but I suspect it will remain just a wish.

Imagine the G56 on pole

Question is how much fuel the car would save by not having the extra 120kg for 13 laps in the same pace. Oh well.. It's about exploring the technologies after all!

Will be interesting to see how it goes. Is it due to be running on test day?
Old 19 May 2014, 05:11 (Ref:3407704)   #284
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard T View Post

Will be interesting to see how it goes. Is it due to be running on test day?
Yes, but with Tommy Erdos instead of Satoshi Motoyama (who's on Super GT duties that weekend).
Old 19 May 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3407863)   #285
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I will be at the event on Friday this due to winning a Radio Le Mans competition.

I am really excited to be going and I will be able to tell you all about it on my return.
Old 19 May 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3407931)   #286
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Well I will be at the event on Friday this due to winning a Radio Le Mans competition.

I am really excited to be going and I will be able to tell you all about it on my return.
Congrats, hope it goes well!
Old 19 May 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3407935)   #287
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Don't let anyone out of the building until they announce an LMP1 programme.
Old 20 May 2014, 04:17 (Ref:3408080)   #288
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Dont forget to take pictures (if you can)!
Old 20 May 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3408210)   #289
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Nice one, congrats.
Old 21 May 2014, 15:29 (Ref:3408720)   #290
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently representatives from the FIA and ACO are in attendance on Friday.
Old 21 May 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3408790)   #291
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lasted year before the zeod announcement there was a lot of Debate on here if it was going to be a delta wing look alike or not.......the day it was announced before Le Mans I laughed so hard it was just hilarious.now with this new announcement, lol I'm going to laugh if it isn't a p1 or if it's some sort of zeod evolution allowed into p1.cant wait now.
Old 21 May 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3408836)   #292
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTE version of the Bladeglider?
Old 22 May 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3408876)   #293
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let´s hope that tomorrow, Nissan will announce their LMP1 effort.

And show something about the LMP1, a draw, which hybrid system, drivers, which team will run it!!!!!

My fingers cross for tomorrow :-)
Old 22 May 2014, 06:46 (Ref:3408879)   #294
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Let´s hope that tomorrow, Nissan will announce their LMP1 effort.

And show something about the LMP1, a draw, which hybrid system, drivers, which team will run it!!!!!

My fingers cross for tomorrow :-)
I wouldn't expect much detail other than vague talk about how innovative and different it will be and confirmation that they will use some of the academy drivers (but no specifics).

However, definite confirmation that the program is happening will be enough for me.

As one of the critics of their tactics in the last few years, I will be very pleased that the program is finally going to happen after so many years of milking the publicity without much substance.
Old 22 May 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3408887)   #295
deltawing
Racer

Old 22 May 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3408891)   #296
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
^ outlawraceparts.com/images/products/secondary/1253.jpg
Old 22 May 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3408895)   #297
templer
Racer

templer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtempler should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
What the hell is this.
Looks not like a LMP1 coupe as the cockpit canopy is much too low compared to the sidepod height
Old 22 May 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3408899)   #298
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 22 May 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3408900)   #299
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Hope their is a good point to that... otherwise
Old 22 May 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3408903)   #300
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(temporarily modified)

Last edited by Deleted; 22 May 2014 at 08:32.
Closed Thread