Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Feb 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3960255)   #126
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
admittedly i haven't really watched much more then a highlight/short clip of those the larger Esport tournaments and even that was years ago. i probably should give it another chance.

certainly it would take something like F1 drivers competing in it (or NBA players participating in an NBA video game tourny) to change my mind though. connect it to something i am already familiar with and then who knows right?

im open minded to it though.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 05:31 (Ref:3960277)   #127
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Alot will depend on individual government's travel advice. If for example the UK government advice is not to travel to certain countries, then UK based teams will be unwise to go to in the event that anything should happen to one of their employees.
No doubt advice at government level to not travel to certain countries would also create problems with teams that chose to go regardless in getting insurance to cover their personnel.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3960284)   #128
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
DTM have moved their test from Monza due to the outbreak. However F2 are still gonna have their pre season test in Bahrain
Old 28 Feb 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3960286)   #129
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
No doubt advice at government level to not travel to certain countries would also create problems with teams that chose to go regardless in getting insurance to cover their personnel.
I would imagine that if teams go against government advice their insurers might say you're on your own...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Feb 2020, 07:43 (Ref:3960287)   #130
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I would imagine that if teams go against government advice their insurers might say you're on your own...

The cockroaches of the insurance industry are way ahead of you, apparently they don't cover pandemics, and afaik have not covered travel insurance policies submitting corona virus related claims.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 17:39 (Ref:3960410)   #131
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Geneva motor show cancelled....

Old 28 Feb 2020, 18:40 (Ref:3960427)   #132
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Good job Dijon isn't still on the calendar then for a Swiss GP!

Could the flyaways that start the season all be cancelled and the season start at Zandvoort or something?

Surely a decision must be made fairly quickly on the opening round at least...
Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3960434)   #133
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

not just the show but all gatherings, public and private, of over 1000 people.

i would think that also include workplaces like the Alfa facilities? maybe work places are exempt i dont know.

of course it is only temporary but even a week at their factory could sink what was looking to be a promising season for the Swiss squad.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3960437)   #134
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Ferrari getting twitchy and seeking assurances from FOM.

IMO not beyond the bounds that first 3 GP's are cancelled/postponed whilst FOM
evaluates the situation.

Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:34 (Ref:3960446)   #135
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Remove if overly inappropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20200228-WA0000.jpg   IMG-20200228-WA0001.jpg  
Old 28 Feb 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3960450)   #136
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Remove if overly inappropriate.
I've seen those doing the rounds on Facebook. No harm I suppose in making light of a situation
Old 28 Feb 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3960459)   #137
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well they do say laughter is the best medicine! I’ll get my coat....
Old 28 Feb 2020, 23:37 (Ref:3960494)   #138
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think they're OTP enough to be humorous for now
Old 29 Feb 2020, 02:40 (Ref:3960522)   #139
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
China should be the least of your worries. I participated in the last global pandemic when my country helped hose down the world with H1N1. As soon as it makes it here, we'll do it again.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3960700)   #140
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The shift in concern here in Oz is not the risks to F1 but to the possibility of F1 being the means of bringing extra cases into the country from Italy.
Could Melbourne go ahead without key Ferrari and Alfa Tauri personnel?
Lygon street could suffer the same problems as Chinatown.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 00:48 (Ref:3960708)   #141
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To make this fair, each team should have to miss a round.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3960761)   #142
S griffin
Veteran

It's a tricky situation, I don't envy those having to make a decision
Old 1 Mar 2020, 10:02 (Ref:3960765)   #143
Moneyseeker
Veteran

I think it's possible first 3 rounds could be cancelled whilst FOM re-evaluates. Bearing in mind Geneva motor show was cancelled a couple of days before the show, so could be a lateish call .

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Mar 2020, 14:18 (Ref:3960785)   #144
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think it's possible first 3 rounds could be cancelled whilst FOM re-evaluates. Bearing in mind Geneva motor show was cancelled a couple of days before the show, so could be a lateish call .

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
i hope not. decisions need to be made in advance and in proportion. and this needs to not be a pattern established by f1 - most of non-f1 motorsport is run by day rate casual staff, and if events get cancelled they don't get paid...

to make that f1 relevant that's casual staff working at the circuits who are relying on the cash for whatever reason. or maybe catering suppliers who may only get a percentage of the money they're owed from event insurance, if at all, particularly if it's "rescheduled".
Old 1 Mar 2020, 14:41 (Ref:3960789)   #145
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with bella, there should be a bit more forethought. But this is impacting worldwide commerce. Just look at Singapore where the harbours and sea approaches are filled with moored ships. No cargo means no work for the crews who, like Bella's race personnel, will not be paid.

That will have a knock on to F1 as a whole because sponsors and probably governments who fund the events will be keeping their money in their pockets.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 15:46 (Ref:3960795)   #146
S griffin
Veteran

I do agree with the above. Of course every precaution has to be taken, but at the same time it would be wrong to cancel it just like that. The organisers and the FIA are between a rock and a hard place, but unless the situation becomes really serious, I am sure the first race will go ahead as planned
Old 1 Mar 2020, 16:24 (Ref:3960803)   #147
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pending any decisions from Australia to quarantine or just block Italians or Italian travelers from entry any time soon. That decision could have wider implications about the season as a whole. Could get in to if non-points races cost the same as points races, do the organizers have to pay the same fees? Would people attend a non-points event at the same rate, would tickets to be discounted because it's not part of the championship?

And then if things are to be cancelled it gets dicier. Who has the responsibility of cancelling? What clauses are in the contracts regarding cancellation conditions, would FOM play chicken and make the hosts cancel to still demand payment? Are they dumb enough to try that, Liberty Media has a history of that.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3960814)   #148
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Would people attend a non-points event at the same rate, would tickets to be discounted because it's not part of the championship?
Perhaps more to the point is what if the governments ban gatherings of over X,000 people, or deem events no longer open for the public. Was it a marathon in Tokyo today run through empty streets as it was ruled to be no public attendance?
Also a field of usually 30,000 runners was trimmed down to just 200 'elite' runners allowed to start. As the elite runners lined up to start, spectators were told to stay home and watch on television or online. Signs along the route said the same.

Edit: Found the news article about the story, along with pics.
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tokyo...ic-games-virus

I wonder how many people are anyway cancelling plans to go to say the AGP, Vietnam or Bahrain due to the virus infection risk, regardless of any government rulings. I have friends who go to the footy every week come rain hail or shine..... they stayed at home this weekend 'just in case'.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3960818)   #149
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Pending any decisions from Australia to quarantine or just block Italians or Italian travelers from entry any time soon. That decision could have wider implications about the season as a whole. Could get in to if non-points races cost the same as points races, do the organizers have to pay the same fees? Would people attend a non-points event at the same rate, would tickets to be discounted because it's not part of the championship?

And then if things are to be cancelled it gets dicier. Who has the responsibility of cancelling? What clauses are in the contracts regarding cancellation conditions, would FOM play chicken and make the hosts cancel to still demand payment? Are they dumb enough to try that, Liberty Media has a history of that.
Why just Italians? There are outbreaks in the USA, UK, and other places. You can't restrict one nationality since there are many ways to travel and as far as I know Italians aren't banned from traveling.
Old 1 Mar 2020, 17:51 (Ref:3960827)   #150
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
The situation is escalating daily as are each nation's responses.

i can't think of a past event that required the involvement of so many governments, services, industries businesses etc

A truly global action and one where everyone is trying to figure it out as they go along. It highlights the need for a stronger supranational organizing body that has real control to allocate resources, limit travel, and cancel events etc

Anyways, im sure they will do better for the next virus.

Also as billions were spent on these cars...maybe they should be considering postponement of the entire season rather then the piecemeal cancelling of certain races.