Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Oct 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2967339)   #101
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Seriously?
Yes. I am not a fan of football/soccer and is annoyed by the massive media attention it gets.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 09:01 (Ref:2967482)   #102
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Yes. I am not a fan of football/soccer and is annoyed by the massive media attention it gets.
I'm not looking to start a huge discussion about it I just asked a legitimate question relating to a race I will be attending next year.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2967509)   #103
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
there are many people at the race who do follow football, but I would think most of those on this forum are less interested in football than most, during the world cup(soccer not the real one for rugby) they did have screens showing some of the matches particularly those involving the french but like most of us there were more important things to do than watch football
Old 8 Oct 2011, 10:17 (Ref:2967520)   #104
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haha this is the kind of the reaction I expected. Just to be clear I'd never miss the track action for a game but if England were playing on the Friday for example I'd definitely want to watch it....

....Next topic.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 10:24 (Ref:2967522)   #105
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If they show a game on a big screen somewhere, you can always watch it while having Hindy and Trussers in your ears.
Old 9 Oct 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2968147)   #106
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's no reason why football shouldn't be discussed in the sub-forum when it coincides with something far more important. Personally I can't imagine going away from the race (or any part of qually) to watch football - no matter who's playing - but the Tourists always used to want to do it, so I can hardly complain if others want to as well. Perfectly legitimate to ask what the ACO will provide but discussion beyond that is very definitely off-topic.....
Old 9 Oct 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2968256)   #107
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There's no reason why football shouldn't be discussed in the sub-forum when it coincides with something far more important. Personally I can't imagine going away from the race (or any part of qually) to watch football - no matter who's playing - but the Tourists always used to want to do it, so I can hardly complain if others want to as well. Perfectly legitimate to ask what the ACO will provide but discussion beyond that is very definitely off-topic.....
It wasn't meant as a demand, but more of a request.
But me and Simmi took it on PM's and all sorted now
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2968586)   #108
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Pilgrim1975 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the reason things go so quiet between races at Le Mans comes from a couple of factors. One is that Le Mans fans are also ably served by the Club Arnage and Beermountain websites as well as here so Le Mans fans have more places to go for their fix of chat and information, swapping travel plans and hints and tips and so on. Another is that, being an annual one-off event, once it's over for another year people tend to drift away to deal with that pestiferous nuisance known as 'real life', so have less time and energy to devote to Le Mans until things start boiling up again. I've noticed that, around this time of year, even postcounts at BM and CA tend to slow quite a bit until each November/December, when it's about 6 months until the great race and then things gradually pick up again until the race in June, what with people posting their travel plans, ideas for stuff to do, meetups at the track and so on.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2968600)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It wasn't meant as a demand, but more of a request.
But me and Simmi took it on PM's and all sorted now
What splendid chaps you are......!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 11:27 (Ref:2968610)   #110
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's actually one of the requirements for some first time go-ers. My mates only wanted to go after I assured them there would (probably) be big screens showing the matches.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2968638)   #111
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
We could always talk about the possibility of a privateer BMW at Le Mans in 2012 !!!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2968646)   #112
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

The recently announced return of a Porsche works team scheduled for 2014, plus rumours of Jaguar and Toyota making comebacks with works teams would also be a good talking point, IMHO.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:42 (Ref:2968670)   #113
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim1975 View Post
The recently announced return of a Porsche works team scheduled for 2014, plus rumours of Jaguar and Toyota making comebacks with works teams would also be a good talking point, IMHO.
Hi Pilgrim1975. Welcome to the forum. Were you still walking back from Le Mans when the Porsche entry got announced back in June? Just kidding!

There are huge threads about all of these in the Sportscar and GT Racing forum. Can't wait to be there at Le Mans with this lot competing if it comes to fruition. I went for the first time this year and it seems like things are really on the up!
Old 10 Oct 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2968677)   #114
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Hi Pilgrim1975. Welcome to the forum. Were you still walking back from Le Mans when the Porsche entry got announced back in June? Just kidding!

There are huge threads about all of these in the Sportscar and GT Racing forum. Can't wait to be there at Le Mans with this lot competing if it comes to fruition. I went for the first time this year and it seems like things are really on the up!
I don't think even I would be bonkers enough to walk to or from Le Mans, nobody's quite that insane. Besides, the French trains are so much nicer, cleaner, cheaper and more punctual than their British equivalent that they're a positive joy to use.

The thought of Jaguar and Porsche reviving their old rivalry at La Sarthe is an enticing one to put it mildly. Throw a Toyota works effort into the mix and I foresee 2014 being a bumper year for those who are there.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2968778)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
We could always talk about the possibility of a privateer BMW at Le Mans in 2012 !!!

Sure - in the garage rouge or the garage blanc........ ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
It's actually one of the requirements for some first time go-ers. My mates only wanted to go after I assured them there would (probably) be big screens showing the matches.
That's very sad indeed. It is your duty to instruct them as to the errors of their ways.......
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:18 (Ref:2968781)   #116
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sure - in the garage rouge or the garage blanc........ ??
So you basically want all BMWs relegated to what the RLM guys so affectionately call "the Row of Woe"?
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2968782)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No Victor. I want them relegated to the car park...... The 'Row of Tesco.....'
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:23 (Ref:2968783)   #118
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
As long as they're entered for the race, the Row of Woe is probably the best you could wish in order to ensure a speedy exit from the race for them.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 17:29 (Ref:2968787)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's the problem Victor - I don't want them in the race, but once in, I don't want them to fail early as that then robs us of cars to watch (although I certainly don't want one of them to win.....
Old 11 Oct 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2969563)   #120
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Lads, it's been a while since I visited the worlds best sportscar forum but I need your advice on this.

It's about ordering tickets. Over the last 4 or 5 years,we've ordered our tickets from a dutch ticket office called 'Ticket&Travel'. All went well up untill two years ago when they started to fool around with the amount of campsite tickets one could buy.
Nowadays they'll force you to buy two GE tickets allong with each campsite ticket. This is, in it self, no problem were it not that they also force one to purchase a GE ticket with each grandstand ticket...

It so ended up that our party would've to buy some 11 entrytickets we wouldn't need! After explaining our predicament to them,the ticketoffice blamed the ACO for implying those new "let's try to suck'm dry completely" rules and told us we'd be able to buy the wanted amount of campsite tickets for a €15,- premium per ticket without having to buy them two GE tickets... This totalled little over €200,- extra costs just to get what we needed!
Needless to say, we're not going down this road again. So, what would you guys advise me? Where to order tickets best? Ordering tickets in the UK would be a possibillity...
Old 12 Oct 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2969628)   #121
Pilgrim1975
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Lads, it's been a while since I visited the worlds best sportscar forum but I need your advice on this.

It's about ordering tickets. Over the last 4 or 5 years,we've ordered our tickets from a dutch ticket office called 'Ticket&Travel'. All went well up untill two years ago when they started to fool around with the amount of campsite tickets one could buy.
Nowadays they'll force you to buy two GE tickets allong with each campsite ticket. This is, in it self, no problem were it not that they also force one to purchase a GE ticket with each grandstand ticket...

It so ended up that our party would've to buy some 11 entrytickets we wouldn't need! After explaining our predicament to them,the ticketoffice blamed the ACO for implying those new "let's try to suck'm dry completely" rules and told us we'd be able to buy the wanted amount of campsite tickets for a €15,- premium per ticket without having to buy them two GE tickets... This totalled little over €200,- extra costs just to get what we needed!
Needless to say, we're not going down this road again. So, what would you guys advise me? Where to order tickets best? Ordering tickets in the UK would be a possibillity...
If you can order tickets in the UK then I'd recommend 1st Tickets, Just Tickets or, for their private camping package, Speed Chills.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:53 (Ref:2969799)   #122
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just Tickets also require you to buy two GE tickets for every pitch you buy, but I do not thin they apply this rule to grandstand tickets. I have used them for the past two years and they were very good to me! 1st Tickets seem to offer packages based on how many people are in your car, rather than how many pitches you need. Looks like they sell you the amount of GE tickets you need though (i.e. a "four in a car" package will include four GE tickets).
Old 12 Oct 2011, 09:56 (Ref:2969802)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Man, I so nearly negged you for your avatar...........
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2969851)   #124
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The most exciting video about resurfacing the track you will ever see. It's in French, but I think the point comes across.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:44 (Ref:2970004)   #125
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I suggest you either go direct to the ACO or to Nadine at the tourist office, you only pay ticket price and postage, if you want a particular campsite there may be a problem but wait and see. Nadine tells me they will know what tickets they have in early December

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post