Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9 May 2013, 11:05 (Ref:3244771)   #101
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
must be factual that he didn't want good things to come from the series.......... you said so yourself !!!
wrong person there Joe,

It was Goat Bay that said that because someone posted it on the internet it must be true.
Old 9 May 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3244776)   #102
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
wrong person there Joe,

It was Goat Bay that said that because someone posted it on the internet it must be true.
It's all true. And none of it is.
Old 9 May 2013, 11:23 (Ref:3244780)   #103
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
What I was saying was that unless there is a good reason not to believe a poster I do them the courtesy of giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 10 May 2013, 04:10 (Ref:3245095)   #104
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some news about Puke....(sponsorship)

http://www.v8st.co.nz/news/news-4/38...8st-round.html

Good stuff that justifies the two Brother Printers that I have bought recently for my business.
Old 13 May 2013, 04:52 (Ref:3246529)   #105
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Anyway, I think for some competitors who are not happy with Mr Petch this may be a positive thing. I know from talking to most, if not all of the teams at some point this year, that some like the man, others don't (including one of the biggest, if not biggest team - which is odd)

But anyway, I wish Mark all the best with his retirement, and thank him for having the balls to go out there and try something different. Whether you agreed with his mode of operation or not is irrelevant. The man certainly shook up the V8 racing sector in NZ, so he gets full congrats from me

I hope the health scare is just that, a scare, and not something more serious.

That aside, it will now be very interesting to see how it all pans out for the ST camp with its new structure.
To me if you haven't ****ed off people in your life at some point, you've probably never had an opinion, defended it and took a stand. And also if you haven't ****ed off people you've probably never gotten anything done either. There are a lot of incredible kiss butters out there but what do they actually do?

When it came down to it, V8ST had to happen, as ugly as it may or may not have been at times. And like any business that evolves over time, the people that may have started it might not be the people to carry it forward. I'm sure it will all work out over time and I imagine he will still be involved somehow.
Old 13 May 2013, 05:35 (Ref:3246541)   #106
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Nice post MS. Totally agree with everything you have said. And its true isn't it. In life, if you want to get somewhere, you will no doubt ruffle a few feathers and stand in dog **** from time to time.
Old 13 May 2013, 10:09 (Ref:3246644)   #107
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
To me if you haven't ****ed off people in your life at some point, you've probably never had an opinion, defended it and took a stand. And also if you haven't ****ed off people you've probably never gotten anything done either. There are a lot of incredible kiss butters out there but what do they actually do?
Best post on a message board for ages.

"There is only one thing worse than everyone disagreeing with me and that is everyone agreeing with me..." Can't remember who first said it, but it lines up with the above.
Old 14 May 2013, 03:41 (Ref:3247079)   #108
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/05/1...orrow-project/

V8 CHALLENGE CUP LAUNCHES STAR OF TOMORROW PROJECT

The V8 Challenge Cup has launched its Star Of Tomorrow project in an effort to unearth the next Greg Murphy.
It will entail a potential career changing prize of a fully-funded enduro seat as a co-driver in at least one of the BNT V8 SuperTourer long distance rounds later in the year.
A judging panel will evaluate performances in the TL-spec field of Holden and Ford V8s in the Challenge Cup in a bid to find a worthy winner.
“There are outstanding drivers out there who regularly turn in great drives irrespective of whether they have an endless budget to help them achieve that or not,” said series co-ordinator Stephen Gillard.
“These days a pro driver has to be capable of jaw-dropping race performances on the track and off it be a rounded professional who is sponsor, media and fan friendly and an accomplished athlete as well.
“We’re simply looking for anyone in the V8 Challenge Cup who impresses us in those areas time and time again.
“That’s the type of driver we all want to see succeed and our contribution as a series will be to put them into a V8 SuperTourer as a co-driver in an endurance race, and although we have a few elements of this exciting initiative to firm up, we are aiming to make this happen in 2013 at the season finale.
“The talent is out there and we want to see them all running in the V8 Challenge Cup.”
The program comes after the series confirmed a new sponsor in Cogent Telecommunications and with it a $20,000 prize fund package for this season last week.
The prize fund is designed to boost fields and provide up and coming V8 drivers with a significant contribution to running costs or to help them achieve the next step in their racing careers.
Old 14 May 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3247096)   #109
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
That's a good move, particularly given that Brian Budd says that NZV8CC is the only TL series, so everyone with a TL can get a good shot at it.
Old 14 May 2013, 04:46 (Ref:3247100)   #110
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
That's a good move, particularly given that Brian Budd says that NZV8CC is the only TL series, so everyone with a TL can get a good shot at it.
You run your car in the challenge cup and you run your car in the TL series, obviously they will not be running on the same day so I reckon its great. No sense in having a car sitting in the shed most of the year. How many other category of car can get two series to complete in over a years duration?
Old 14 May 2013, 04:54 (Ref:3247104)   #111
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
You run your car in the challenge cup and you run your car in the TL series, obviously they will not be running on the same day so I reckon its great. No sense in having a car sitting in the shed most of the year. How many other category of car can get two series to complete in over a years duration?
One series you have to run Hankooks, the other Dunlops.
Magnetic stickers like the taxi cabs for sponsors would be wise too
Old 14 May 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3247107)   #112
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
I agree this is a wise move for the sport.

Went to levels for the first time today. What a track! we did some low speed laps in a hire car (oops!) and that track has so much character, especially that final sweeper....would hate to hit that in the wet.

ST needs to go to tracks like that. (can of worms I know), but both Levels and Teretonga are just fantastic venues, and if they can run TRS there, then I don't see why the ST's don't go there (yes I know there is cost involved, but ST should be looking at making this a countrywide series).

Surfacing at levels in interesting too, well, if your a roading geek like me
Old 14 May 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3247112)   #113
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
One series you have to run Hankooks, the other Dunlops.
Magnetic stickers like the taxi cabs for sponsors would be wise too
pretty sure that CC are now running on dunlops from puke next weekend,
Old 14 May 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3247131)   #114
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
I

Surfacing at levels in interesting too, well, if your a roading geek like me
I believe that another section of the track resealing has just been completed recently,
so I think that is now the entire length of the old circuit that has now been resealed in the last few years.

And from memory the lack of pit garages is one of the reasons ST don't go there,
but the money was better spent on the track itself that everyone uses rather than garages for a select few at each event.
Old 14 May 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3247133)   #115
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
And from memory the lack of pit garages is one of the reasons ST don't go there,
but the money was better spent on the track itself that everyone uses rather than garages for a select few at each event.
I guess if STs have to have pit garages then they've got to have pit garages. LOL

But I for one really enjoy the luxuriant green grass underfoot. I always think the pits at Levels are the most pleasant in the SI. And the officials go out of their way to be helpful. Not saying that other circuits don't, but I always enjoy competing at Levels. Pity STs can't live without pit garages!
Old 14 May 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3247153)   #116
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they would of had to do it if they were on the Supercar bill.
Old 14 May 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3247155)   #117
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And also if they are at Grand Prix meeting at Manfeild, can not see Toyota giving up the garages

Comprises will need to be made if they wish to join what is called the main game
Old 14 May 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3247158)   #118
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
And also if they are at Grand Prix meeting at Manfeild, can not see Toyota giving up the garages

Comprises will need to be made if they wish to join what is called the main game
Will be interesting to see if attitudes change under the new ownership.
Old 14 May 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3247170)   #119
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Will be interesting to see if attitudes change under the new ownership.
Hi GB,

Just to set the record straight, certainly under my stewardship of V8ST, Pit Garages were not a priority, first and foremost circuit safety was our primary concern, then facilities, and lastly pit garages.
Old 14 May 2013, 08:25 (Ref:3247171)   #120
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Really? Talk in the paddocks painted a different picture
Old 14 May 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3247173)   #121
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So your team was putting themselves out as circuit safety experts, I thought MSNZ had a circuit safety group who approved the circuits
Old 14 May 2013, 08:36 (Ref:3247176)   #122
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi GB,

Just to set the record straight, certainly under my stewardship of V8ST, Pit Garages were not a priority, first and foremost circuit safety was our primary concern, then facilities, and lastly pit garages.
Certainly safety at Levels has been extensively discussed on these forums.
Old 14 May 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3247191)   #123
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
they would of had to do it if they were on the Supercar bill.
Not if it was at Hampton Downs.

Or Taupo, or Manfeild.
Old 14 May 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3247194)   #124
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Funny how manfeild has flash garages but also tyre barriers and short run offs like the oft abused south island tracks. Yet not a hint of a complaint about that. Despite the nastiest ST crash so far.
Hmmmm
Old 14 May 2013, 09:05 (Ref:3247197)   #125
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Funny how manfeild has flash garages but also tyre barriers and short run offs like the oft abused south island tracks. Yet not a hint of a complaint about that. Despite the nastiest ST crash so far.
Hmmmm
I don't think you'll see them at Manfeild either, but it would be great to see them at Highlands. Although I do worry about that overbridge.