Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Jan 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3795452)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just been having a drink with Liz and David . Somehow I got P2 and a award . Steak and beer coming up .
Great start to the trip. Hope it continues.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3795478)   #27
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Forgot to mention David Piper came across garage and helped me put my belts on . I then had forgot my bit of foam I use behind my back and I had to send him off to tool box to get it . Awsum .

He'll no doubt bill you later...

Only just come across this thread, so hope you're having fun.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3795576)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
This is for Mike “I’ve eat too much “.😜
Old 28 Jan 2018, 06:32 (Ref:3795990)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
This is for Mike “I’ve eat too much “.😜
You? Who’d have believed it......
Old 28 Jan 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3796042)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just been having a drink with Liz and David . Somehow I got P2 and a award . Steak and beer coming up .
Great result Iain,very pleased for you,keep up the good work.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3796881)   #31
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...7322625waiting for the cars to arrive at Killarney . Me and Mrs Delta been to see the penguins at Boulders Beech
Old 30 Jan 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3796884)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
👍👍
Old 31 Jan 2018, 03:40 (Ref:3797046)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...7322625waiting for the cars to arrive at Killarney . Me and Mrs Delta been to see the penguins at Boulders Beech
What restaurant were they serving in?
Old 31 Jan 2018, 06:48 (Ref:3797075)   #34
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
What restaurant were they serving in?

Flipper's.

They do take-away's too but call them pick-up's.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 06:50 (Ref:3797076)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Flipper's.

They do take-away's too but call them pick-up's.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3797208)   #36
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ahgghhhh. Shock horror . Just unloaded cars out of container and I thought I had better have a good look at the Lotus . Rear cross member cracked . Only myself to blame as it must of got damaged at the Classic start line shunt Not out until 4.30 tomorrow so plenty of time for repair .
Old 2 Feb 2018, 05:39 (Ref:3797653)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
All fixed and had a play yesterday afternoon . Aftertest I had autograph session signing loads of photos . Some of the pictures of me and my cars are brilliant don’t know how people find them . Liz Piper says they sell them
on E Bay she said David’s signed photos can fetch £65.00. I suggested mine would be more like 65 p. 😠.Busy day with 6 sessions and two cars to run so I will post letter whilst having a old beer looking out over the ocean .
Old 2 Feb 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3797656)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like great fun. Enjoy the beer.
Old 2 Feb 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3797803)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Been a long day but all good . Having pizza and beer with Mrs Delta . I am P 3 with lots to spare . Looking forward to race tomorrow . 😀
Old 3 Feb 2018, 10:29 (Ref:3797994)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
It’s nearly 30 degrees here . I qualified P6 this morning , to many beers syndrome . Any bit of a pile up first corner put up to 5 th . I then got by two cars and we had a good old di g dong up to the line and I finished 3 rd . Little Lotus 2: going well . Hope you are all dry and warm . 😀
Old 3 Feb 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3797996)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
One more race to go later today and I have just realised that I have not been called up in front of the C of the C on this trip . Fingers crossed
Old 3 Feb 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3798015)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
One more race to go later today and I have just realised that I have not been called up in front of the C of the C on this trip . Fingers crossed
Fingers crossed you DO get called up, or fingers crossed you Don’t?

Too many beers? Will you never learn, Rowley......
Old 3 Feb 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3798040)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Rubbish second race . Normal service resumed . Finished P6 and P4 overhaul . Back on the cold beers now . 😀
Old 3 Feb 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3798047)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Rubbish second race . Normal service resumed . Finished P6 and P4 overhaul . Back on the cold beers now . ��
Tsk, tsk. Is that all the racing done now?

Oh, and pass a cold one this way please, just realised nothing in the house for start of Bathurst 12hr this eve.....
Old 3 Feb 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3798049)   #45
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Oh, and pass a cold one this way please, just realised nothing in the house for start of Bathurst 12hr this eve.....
Perhaps Iain could slide one down the line for you to print off, Mike!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3798050)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Perhaps Iain could slide one down the line for you to print off, Mike!
Brilliant idea!
Old 3 Feb 2018, 16:44 (Ref:3798054)   #47
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Brilliant idea!

Having said that, if Iain's not fully mastered the machine, you might get a tinny without a bottom.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 16:51 (Ref:3798056)   #48
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It’s nearly 30 degrees here . I qualified P6 this morning , to many beers syndrome . Any bit of a pile up first corner put up to 5 th . I then got by two cars and we had a good old di g dong up to the line and I finished 3 rd . Little Lotus 2: going well . Hope you are all dry and warm . 😀
Tough at the top, blo.dy good luck to you. Send some sun back here please.
Old 3 Feb 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3798060)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:

What time does it start?
Old 3 Feb 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3798064)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What time does it start?
Stream at 1820hrs GMT, starts little later.... The thread in sportscars has link to Livestream.com....