Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:11 (Ref:2098883)   #1
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irish Championship Awards Night.

Irish Championship Awards Night in The Step Inn Jan 22nd 8pm.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2098884)   #2
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
about bloody time. what took so long. although nice to see we are not back in dawson street. does this mean that all future awards nights may be held there.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2098902)   #3
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I thought we were going to have it on a Friday (at worst) or Saturday (ideally).
What about the the 25th or 26th of January or do drivers opinions count???
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2098904)   #4
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
pgrogan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as i said before lads... i am keeping the ball rolling on this one... i will be speaking with anne coyne about a petition for the next rallycross to include how much competitors would be prepared for tickets along with how many people they would think they would be able to bring. i will also be asking what time of the year would suit best to have it... IE april, may, june... etc
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:43 (Ref:2098905)   #5
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
matti easy there.. this is a step in the right direction... i know its not a perfect night but you must admit its out of dawson street and i will be taking all comments from competitors on board and i will be available to speak with anyone at the next rallycross in my garage to take opinions and suggestions about the night.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:45 (Ref:2098906)   #6
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
firstly this is for the end of the 07 championship. then we will get a proper night out for the end of the winter championship. drivers opinions do count but if its held on the 25th or 26th its a bit close to the next round which is on the 3rd feb. also the brda awards are on that weekend so it would not suit some of the drivers.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2098911)   #7
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irl06
matti easy there.. this is a step in the right direction... i know its not a perfect night but you must admit its out of dawson street and i will be taking all comments from competitors on board and i will be available to speak with anyone at the next rallycross in my garage to take opinions and suggestions about the night.
Don't have a problem with the venue, doesn't bother me where it's held but not on a work night, end of story. Waste of time being held on a Tuesday night.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2098913)   #8
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
all of us work but if this is going to be the last one to be held during the week i dont think it will matter to much. just think of the next one will be at a weekend and in a few months time as well.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 22:56 (Ref:2098915)   #9
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
well lads we will only have a good night on a weekend if we can get the support. and im counting on all competitors to back me up on this. i have sent the emails and got the ball rolling so i need everyone behind me if we are to have a successful night.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 23:02 (Ref:2098919)   #10
Matti Alamaki
Racer

It wouldn't have cost anymore to have held this one on a Friday or Saturday night, to find our feet so to speak...
Old 3 Jan 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2098940)   #11
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
do you have the time to organise it before the next event, venue, tickets, menus, entertainment. i know i wouldnt. if you do - approach paul the next day and offer your services and help organise the next one. you would be better of offering solutions rather than problems. why the negative the whole time?
Old 3 Jan 2008, 23:59 (Ref:2098956)   #12
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fiddler
do you have the time to organise it before the next event, venue, tickets, menus, entertainment. i know i wouldnt. if you do - approach paul the next day and offer your services and help organise the next one. you would be better of offering solutions rather than problems. why the negative the whole time?
You're missing my point.

I am not suggesting we hold a big doo before the next event. I am simply suggesting we run with the Step Inn, a few pints, prizes no fuss. But, at the weekend when people do not have work obligations the next day.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 00:05 (Ref:2098961)   #13
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
maybe step inn was not available at weekend at short notice. sure it will be for the future though
Old 4 Jan 2008, 00:13 (Ref:2098966)   #14
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only Monday or Tuesday nights Free this month. Typical have a go at anyone who trys to help. I asked for input the last time this topic came up total 1 from irl06. so Matti look in a mirror and point a finger.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2099182)   #15
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkiwan
Only Monday or Tuesday nights Free this month. Typical have a go at anyone who trys to help. I asked for input the last time this topic came up total 1 from irl06. so Matti look in a mirror and point a finger.
That's fine, once the effort was made to hold it on a Friday or Saturday night, can't ask for anyomore than that.
If it's not available, there's not a whole lot we can do.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2099269)   #16
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
thing being matti you are not asking you are demanding. if you are so bothered by the way things are done why dont you put yourself forward to sit on the club committee . then you will see why things are done the way they are. having sat on committees over the years and i'm sure tom will agree its an eye opener.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2099280)   #17
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fiddler
thing being matti you are not asking you are demanding. if you are so bothered by the way things are done why dont you put yourself forward to sit on the club committee . then you will see why things are done the way they are. having sat on committees over the years and i'm sure tom will agree its an eye opener.
I did not demand, I suggested some time ago to hold it on a Saturday night due to people having early starts for work the next day, I also remember you suggested to run it on Saturday night as that was the easiest night to find babysitters.

How exactly are committee members elected?
Old 4 Jan 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2099299)   #18
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
i did agree with a saturday night but for the end of 07/08 championship. i did not expect it to be for this one. no-one did. so if it doesnt suit you thats for you to deal with. to go on a committee you might want to turn up to the agm of which club you are a member of.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 16:01 (Ref:2099349)   #19
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti Alamaki
I did not demand, I suggested some time ago to hold it on a Saturday night due to people having early starts for work the next day, I also remember you suggested to run it on Saturday night as that was the easiest night to find babysitters.

How exactly are committee members elected?
i have posted the emails on here that i have sent to the rallycross committee and tom kirwan can vouch that much conversation has begun since i started the push for a proper night. i have taken your comments matti and included them in my emails. i have also asked you and other competitors to come to my garage at events and speak with me in relation to ideas and support for a good night. i have run events like this before and the only thing that has stood in my way is the lack of support. so i will only keep pushing this if i feel the support of ALL competitors will be there and we are fairly sure of a good turn out of people to attend. if the night fails because of lack of support its people like me and you lads who asked for it that will be left with egg on our face and be told what was wrong with Dawson Street etc. We dont want that..........
Old 21 Jan 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2110753)   #20
pgrogan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
Lads dont forget the 2007 rallycross prizegiving tomorrow night at 8.30pm in the step inn. it would be great to see as many people as possible turning up to support the night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2110845)   #21
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by irl06
Lads dont forget the 2007 rallycross prizegiving tomorrow night at 8.30pm in the step inn. it would be great to see as many people as possible turning up to support the night.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...i=lmd&z=14&t=m
JMC and GT laying on free drink all night