Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2994697)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Brands Hatch Super Prix

HSCC Championship races.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 15:55 (Ref:3088049)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
End of June isn't that far away, so better get this thread started! Another opportunity to drive the GP Circuit so I've bitten the bullet and had 4 new L's fitted up for the Morgan. Will have it's first outing in Guards Trophy, which from HSCC website is 40 minute race on Saturday.

Also entered the Formula Fred in that race on Sunday, to make the trip worthwhile!

So who else is going- with HFO, Martini, Derek Bell plus FJ Lurani trophies should be some lovely cars out!

Old 9 Jun 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3088151)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will be there spectating/shooting on the Saturday between visits to a 'local hillclimb' down on the coast
I expect lots of big and interesting grids and the GP circuit at Brands is always exciting.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3088152)   #4
Kevin Cooke
Rookie

United Kingdom
London SW1
Kevin Cooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And after the success of the outing at Silverstone as highlighted by Marcus Pye in Autosport HS2's (Historic Sports 2000) have again been invited to make up the Martini grid, unfortunately due to a clash with the SRRC round at Donington I understand the entries are quite sparse so if any of you have shiny HS2 cars lurking in the garage get them out for the BHGP circuit.

Regards

Kevin
Old 9 Jun 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3088239)   #5
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following the 3-hour disappointment we're planning on Guards for the E-type's first outing, see you out there Mike!

Would also like to bring the S-type out on Sunday in HTC, but this could be tricky due to a domestic clash of events that day. I'm working on it.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 05:19 (Ref:3088311)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Following the 3-hour disappointment we're planning on Guards for the E-type's first outing, see you out there Mike!

Would also like to bring the S-type out on Sunday in HTC, but this could be tricky due to a domestic clash of events that day. I'm working on it.
That's excellent news (the E-Type, not the clash!), Colin. Will give the +4 an extra polish so not completely outshone by the Jag....
Old 11 Jun 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3088945)   #7
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard at the weekend that there was no longer a HFO race, not sure if this is true but nothing on HFO website about Brands. I believe this is due to a low number of entries and drivers wanting to save their cars for the Silverstone GP support race.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3088992)   #8
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that will be a great shame if its true as HFO was the main event, maybe its not a championship race but im sure it was included on the HFO website calendar a few weeks ago

they ought to try and arrange at least a few demo laps from some of the HFO cars that would have raced

someones messed up by having the race weekends so close together

everything on the MSV promo is using the HFO cars as the main image, but of course it does say the usual caveat that "race meeting content may change"
Old 11 Jun 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3088997)   #9
JonWolfe
Rookie

European Union
Gravenhurst
JonWolfe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave (Grantura) and I (Falcon) should both be there assuming I can fix the overheating problem I had in the HTC race at Snetterton - huge clouds of steam during the re-grid of race 1. I suspect at least one of the head gaskets failed. Should be a good meeting!
Old 11 Jun 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3089110)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
that will be a great shame if its true as HFO was the main event, maybe its not a championship race but im sure it was included on the HFO website calendar a few weeks ago

someones messed up by having the race weekends so close together
Unless I am mistaken the support race for British GP is always a 'late call' and disregards any other race meetings cars may be due at.

Would guess HFO and HSCC had their date sorted during last winter....

Alan, sure the FF2000s could manage another race! Or maybe a 'split' Guards Trophy?
Old 11 Jun 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3089131)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
Historic F1 was originally scheduled for Brands; however, this race was canned when the GP slot became available.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3089155)   #12
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion, the stars of the Superprix last year were the F2 cars - a big grid of fast cars that sounded fantastic.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 10:22 (Ref:3089464)   #13
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO the HFO, were the least entertaining event on last year's bill abut got quite a bit of track time. Maybe an allcomers formula libre race for either single seater or cars with unecessary and heavy roofs and doors and wings !

That said, it is only 2 not 3 days this year isnt it?
Old 12 Jun 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3089757)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the MSV website :
Quote:
PLEASE NOTE: THE FIA HISTORIC FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP WILL NO LONGER BE ATTENDING THIS EVENT AS PREVIOUSLY ADVERTISED. THE HSCC (ORGANISERS OF THE EVENT) ARE WORKING ON A REPLACEMENT AND DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DUE COURSE.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3091386)   #15
redlight
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
redlight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
From the MSV website :PLEASE NOTE: THE FIA HISTORIC FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP WILL NO LONGER BE ATTENDING THIS EVENT AS PREVIOUSLY ADVERTISED. THE HSCC (ORGANISERS OF THE EVENT) ARE WORKING ON A REPLACEMENT AND DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DUE COURSE.
Chance for a 2nd CF3 race as 40+ entered and more coming??!!!!
Old 15 Jun 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3091423)   #16
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guards is also into reserves, including me. I didn't want to enter only to withdraw again if I couldn't be certain that I'd have 4 wheels. I tried a lesser number last year and it doesn't work!
Old 15 Jun 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3091448)   #17
NICK ALLISON
Racer

England
london
NICK ALLISON should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There may be two reasons HFO is not at Brands ,1)Not to risk the cars for the GP support race;2)Too much time in the UK for two weekends may have given some overseas competitors a tax bill.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3091752)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Guards is also into reserves, including me. I didn't want to enter only to withdraw again if I couldn't be certain that I'd have 4 wheels. I tried a lesser number last year and it doesn't work!
Mmm, wonder if I'm on Guards reserve list. Haven't had confirmation either way.

There is a timetable on HSCC website here and it doesn't mention HFO at all so must be recent. Nothing different except testing sessions first thing saturday, presumably on the GP circuit. The usual MSV test day friday is on Indy, so you pays your money and takes your choice.

My Delta is now just needing new rad and support frame to arrive before can be fired up again. Hopefully will be treated to a chassis set up before racing as I finished up rectifying more damage than caused at Snetterton!
Old 16 Jun 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3091857)   #19
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mike, when I spoke to HSCC office on Thursday there was only 1 reserve so you should be safe if (unlike me) you got your entry in on time.
Old 16 Jun 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3092403)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Mike, when I spoke to HSCC office on Thursday there was only 1 reserve so you should be safe if (unlike me) you got your entry in on time.
That one reserve was probably me! If you are #2 would have thought odds pretty good for you to get a race. Wheels sorted or tba?

Getting excited already, and still two weeks to go!
Old 16 Jun 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3092592)   #21
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wheels promised for start of the week. Where have I heard that before......
Old 16 Jun 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3092726)   #22
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Getting excited already, and still two weeks to go!
Anyone would think it's your first trip to the seaside!!!
Old 17 Jun 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3093194)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Anyone would think it's your first trip to the seaside!!!
I've had a sheltered life....

BUT what's not to like? It's Brands GP circuit, HSCC and mid summer! Do we have a SC Observer we know as well?
Old 17 Jun 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3093802)   #24
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You do, but not in the SC. I'll be lurking on the bank somewhere, report pad in hand. I'll try to drop by when I discover where the best cuppa's are made.
Old 17 Jun 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3093832)   #25
brands
Veteran

http://www.hscc.org.uk/resources/Pro...0July%2012.pdf

Paying to watch testing, great