Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Feb 2020, 20:45 (Ref:3959876)   #101
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but a quarantine in at the Ferrari factory would have an effect on parts being built and then shipped to the Alfa facility though.

not sure how related this is but factory tours at Maranello have been suspended amidst virus fears.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/24/ferr...rus-fears.html
Old 25 Feb 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3959878)   #102
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems quite a few countries have been seriously affected by this lethal virus, you wonder how many more will. With China off the calendar for now, we have had both Singapore and Vietnam to be monitored and now Bahrain has a question mark

It’s a tough situation for everyone. The Tokyo olympics for example is also not looking 100% certain to go ahead atm
That would be awful. Nobody would notice losing a couple of f1 races for 1 year only, but the olympics would be major.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 23:35 (Ref:3959914)   #103
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
That would be awful. Nobody would notice losing a couple of f1 races for 1 year only, but the olympics would be major.
What is the olympics?
Old 26 Feb 2020, 02:03 (Ref:3959923)   #104
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s the thing that causes an article every four years about whether Motorsport could be part of it.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 02:08 (Ref:3959925)   #105
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s the thing that causes an article every four years about whether Motorsport could be part of it.
The running track is sort of on an oval, .
Old 26 Feb 2020, 02:18 (Ref:3959926)   #106
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmmm... the velodrome has banked corners and you only turn left
Old 26 Feb 2020, 02:21 (Ref:3959927)   #107
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Hmmm... the velodrome has banked corners and you only turn left
That's perfect for NASCAR.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 02:43 (Ref:3959929)   #108
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably a similar size to Bristol.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 06:01 (Ref:3959942)   #109
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The end might be nigh for the whole F1 season.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3959944)   #110
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
What is the olympics?
Japan

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Feb 2020, 07:24 (Ref:3959945)   #111
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Hmm, not a bad way to fill the space, a little demonstration like that. Wonder if this is with a view to a GP in S. Africa in the near future?
Liberty keen to go there, has been talk of revitalising Kyalami or a new venue at Durban or Cape Town I believe, but not found anyone with deep enough pockets to fund it yet.

Old 26 Feb 2020, 10:23 (Ref:3959969)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think part of the reason Porsche revamped Kyalami was with a view to a possible GP in the near future

Anyway, Ferrari are right to take a precaution with regards to their factory workers. Just shows though how much everyday life has been affected in different parts of the world
Old 27 Feb 2020, 03:48 (Ref:3960108)   #113
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The press in Oz are reporting that athletes in training camps and competitions outside of Oz are being recalled home. If any country is going to be difficult to deal with it is going to be Oz so it will be interesting in the next week or so to see what happens. I will take odds on it being cancelled at the moment, the one big problem Australia has is its nearness to Indonesia who up to now have just ignored the whole thing. Our quarantine laws are very tough, perhaps the toughest in the world, the evacuees returning from China were quarantined for 14 days on Christmas Island and a remotish camp in the Northern Territory until cleared.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 03:52 (Ref:3960110)   #114
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
The end might be nigh for the whole F1 season.
That is a decision to be made. I see the biggest problem is if it gets into the F1 group and drivers get affected it will make a nonsense of any races that then follow especially if it is a driver in the big three teams.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 07:45 (Ref:3960121)   #115
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
That is a decision to be made. I see the biggest problem is if it gets into the F1 group and drivers get affected it will make a nonsense of any races that then follow especially if it is a driver in the big three teams.
Alot will depend on individual government's travel advice. If for example the UK government advice is not to travel to certain countries, then UK based teams will be unwise to go to in the event that anything should happen to one of their employees.

There is a lot more at play here than bravado and bluster to carry on regardless, this is a fast developing situation. The governing body is still declaring the Olympics will go ahead when they can't possibly know that. Similarly F1 can't know how this will develop, if it truly becomes a global pandemic, nobody is going anywhere, I would suggest, certainly not to run or watch F1 cars.

Old 27 Feb 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3960123)   #116
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The governing body is still declaring the Olympics will go ahead when they can't possibly know that.
I think they are not quite saying 'it will go ahead whatever', their actual quote is 'preparations are continuing as planned'.

Currently, there is no requirement to call the games off, so they are still on.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 08:41 (Ref:3960131)   #117
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Everyone is going to get this, apparently it is more infectious than the flu, and once it is spread throughout the world's population, which it will, there will be no point in curtailing anything. The various authorities have already lost control of OVID-19.
The flu in its various strains apparently kills 600 000 people a year throughout the world, and it does not change the way the world goes about its business.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 09:55 (Ref:3960141)   #118
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let's just hope and pray the situation improves in good time. With technology today, there is bound to be a way.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3960201)   #119
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With technology today, there is bound to be a way.
they could all just stay safely within their homes and play the season out on the playstation/xbox F1 game while we watch on Twitch!

Twitch being completely free to watch so those sick of paying for TV subscriptions should be happy!
Old 27 Feb 2020, 15:39 (Ref:3960204)   #120
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
they could all just stay safely within their homes and play the season out on the playstation/xbox F1 game while we watch on Twitch!

Twitch being completely free to watch so those sick of paying for TV subscriptions should be happy!
Which can be advertised by Liberty as being Greta-friendly and in line with WHO guidance.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 16:13 (Ref:3960213)   #121
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Which can be advertised by Liberty as being Greta-friendly and in line with WHO guidance.
right!

im so excited for the future!
Old 27 Feb 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3960230)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Except streaming is CRAZY power intensive so maybe not so Great friendly after all
Old 27 Feb 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3960231)   #123
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You joke, but I am finding that of my handful of hobbies, I am spending more time watching examples of them via free online services (YouTube, Twitch, etc.) than I do watching things like F1 or other racing.

I have yet to watch something like streamed iRacing, but I need to check that out. I believe Lando Norris and Max Verstappen participate. I think there was a Spa 24 race they were in (maybe won). That might be interesting to watch. I think there is more driver commentary during the race??

Richard
Old 27 Feb 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3960240)   #124
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
never say never, but for me i dont think Esports can become a permanent replacement as i am very much rooted in the concept of watching live sports played in front of a live audience.

that said...i think they may have, or will be soon, playing soccer games in Italy in empty stadiums and i suspect this must be one of the contingency plans for the Olympics (the TV revenues must flow), so i think my above assertion about live sports in front of live audiences will be brought into question.

however, i will look for that Spa race as i am now imagining some pretty hilarious banter between Max and Lando.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3960250)   #125
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
never say never, but for me i dont think Esports can become a permanent replacement as i am very much rooted in the concept of watching live sports played in front of a live audience.
You do know that at the top level that is exactly what Esports is? It's the lower levels that is fully virtual.

(We are off topic, a welcome distraction from CV talk)

Richard