Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Apr 2013, 18:55 (Ref:3230499)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cheese The Le Mans 2013 Traditional Ten-Tenths Cheese-Fest Meeting Thread

It's time to open the discussion thread about our Le Mans 2013 Ten-Tenths meeting !
So, as last year :
Who : you are all invited, you can come freely : all drinks and food are offered by the locals. You can also bring anything to share : your own drinks, biscuits, cakes... Chidren are welcome too, it has become a true family meeting.
When : around noon on the saturday 22th, depending on the official program and races. So 12h00 if any other suggestion.
Where : in the village, inside the circuit : here. It will take place on this way (center of the picture), between the main "street" of the village and the track.

I wait for any idea or question about how to get there.

We hope to see first-timers at this meeting !
Old 7 Apr 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3230501)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Assuming I can learn over two days how to get to that point, I'll be there.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 19:01 (Ref:3230502)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent - we know Le Mans is nearly here when Pascal posts the meeting thread!
Old 7 Apr 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3230509)   #4
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't wait
Old 7 Apr 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3230511)   #5
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even more excited now!

Not sure what British delicacies we can bring but i do promise to bring someone to drink it all!

Me, Steve (other half returning again from 2 years ago) and as for Dad..... don't suppose anyone would miss him would they? Nah he will be there.... shorts and all!
Old 7 Apr 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3230514)   #6
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
looking forward to seeing lots of you guys and girls
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3230544)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Second timers also allowed?

What beverages to bring? Something belgian and something dutch.

See you all there!
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3230545)   #8
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ready for THE MEETING
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3230546)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Me, Steve (other half returning again from 2 years ago) and as for Dad..... don't suppose anyone would miss him would they? Nah he will be there.... shorts and all!
Shorts are good. Speedos are not.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3230553)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it that time of year already?

Highlight of the week for me....can't wait!
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3230560)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got chills when I saw this thread!
I'll be there, and you can all get bet on it!, look forward to meet you all again.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3230561)   #12
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Assuming I can learn over two days how to get to that point, I'll be there.
If you don't I'll help you .
I'll PM you my Phone number when the time comes nearer - Got help from James(Bentley03) myself last year!, and remembers how confusing it all is
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3230562)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Even more excited now!

Not sure what British delicacies we can bring but i do promise to bring someone to drink it all!

British delicacies?

A decent stilton might have time to mature on the drive down, same goes for a whole array of other cheeses.

Scotch might be a touch cliched, but perhaps some English wine, which these days has some notable high points could work too.

As a left field suggestion when I did a lot of work in the US I used to be able to readily bribe my staff over there with digestive biscuits, which they felt were a lot like crack cocaine, perhaps US members of the forum might appreciate this as a contribution?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3230574)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it goes without saying that I will be there and will make sure that all the TR campers make it to the meet, so that will be Helen, Steve, Victor and Vince at least so lets hope 2013 is a record year, Oh and Cheese and biscuits sounds a grand idea to go with the local wine, and stilton can come in waxed containers that do not need chilling. look forward to seeing everyone.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3230576)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh that was my 2,500 post
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3230579)   #16
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Oh that was my 2,500 post
Congrats on your two thousand four hundred ninety eleventh post!
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3230582)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have a long way to go to catch up Ayse
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:09 (Ref:3230586)   #18
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Suspect Mrs ISynge will be delighted to source a decent Stilton but might insist on up-specced biscuits - she can be particular in those sort of matters...
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3230593)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Suspect Mrs ISynge will be delighted to source a decent Stilton.....
.....to be accompanied by an equally decent port?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3230596)   #20
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
That would be an appropriate British contribution to the meet wouldn't it?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3230610)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mmmm, yes, that sounds good. I have an unopened bottle of Taylors Select, if that's any use....?
Old 7 Apr 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3230613)   #22
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Mmmm, yes, that sounds good. I have an unopened bottle of Taylors Select, if that's any use....?
More the merrier... Provided of course we're comfortable with either living on the edge with bringing the (whisper it) bottle into the environs of the track or decanting it into an old Vittel or Evian bottle...
Old 7 Apr 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3230633)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Where there's a will......
Old 8 Apr 2013, 02:40 (Ref:3230674)   #24
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I just got my plane tickets to London Heathrow and Zurich, as well as Le Mans tickets for start/finish seats. I can't believe I got those. I will be meandering through Zurich, Lucerne, Geneva, Tours, and eventually end up in Le Mans! Looking forward to seeing you there! This is my first time to Europe and, consequently, my first time to Le Mans. SO EXCITED...!

Anyone going down to Le Castellet to watch the BES event there? I'll be there as well just before I fly back to the US of A.
Old 8 Apr 2013, 05:49 (Ref:3230704)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Is it just me, or is this meeting becoming more and more "wet" (wet=LOTS of alcohol)