Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4080122)   #346
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just as long as we get a good calendar with enough races next year, then that’s a good start going. Got to avoid the disruption we’ve had to the calendar the last two seasons
Better eradicate Covid then
Old 26 Oct 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4080142)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
That's what they are doing. After a slow start, vaccines are picking up down under and there are signs of progress, so while the virus will never go away, it will be under better control, like here in the UK
Old 26 Oct 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4080168)   #348
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's what they are doing. After a slow start, vaccines are picking up down under and there are signs of progress, so while the virus will never go away, it will be under better control, like here in the UK
You must read the Daily Mail.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4080182)   #349
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
With a 7 day average of 45K (new infections) per day in the UK, I guess there must be a marked reduction in fatalities to refer to it as being under better control (for which the vaccine rather than planning is responsible I imagine).
Old 27 Oct 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4080318)   #350
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-sale-process/
Old 27 Oct 2021, 22:15 (Ref:4080337)   #351
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing to think that CAMS basically gave the category to the teams at the end of 1995, and over 25 years the teams have now offloaded all of it….. what was the point ?

I wonder if Eugene or Motorsport Australia have a comment on this?
Old 27 Oct 2021, 22:19 (Ref:4080339)   #352
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I mean apart from the massive commercial success that outlasted other categories by at least 3 times?

CAMS could never have done anything like it. But yeah, what was the point?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Oct 2021, 00:01 (Ref:4080341)   #353
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now we wait, listen and watch the chess pieces move into place.

Interesting times await.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4080342)   #354
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I mean apart from the massive commercial success that outlasted other categories by at least 3 times?

CAMS steered the championship for 37 years , so they actually did it for longer.

What was the point of CAMS giving it away when the teams, who championed for inclusion and input and a stake in the series, now have no ownership of it?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 00:59 (Ref:4080343)   #355
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Arguably CAMS negotiated the best TV deal for Australian viewers, but commercial promotion was never their area of expertise.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 01:12 (Ref:4080344)   #356
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
CAMS steered the championship for 37 years , so they actually did it for longer.

What was the point of CAMS giving it away when the teams, who championed for inclusion and input and a stake in the series, now have no ownership of it?
You don’t have to own something to control it
The new ‘charter’ agreement apparently tethers the current REC holders to the RACE series, with some level of oversight/input likely negotiated to assure the continuance.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 01:13 (Ref:4080345)   #357
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone investing that sort of money was always going to want total control and that is fair enough as they take the risks involved. I am still not convinced it is a good long term investment when looked at with regard to the changes happening in the industry world wide but they are more clever than me.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 02:46 (Ref:4080350)   #358
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
but they are more clever than me.
You really sure about that, I have known some very clever people who really weren't when the crunch came.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 02:47 (Ref:4080351)   #359
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Arguably CAMS negotiated the best TV deal for Australian viewers, but commercial promotion was never their area of expertise.
Free to air is just not the best deal anymore.
I don't have antenna and the 7 app is ****. The ads play perfectly but then show errors out, and then you have another 4 ads.
The rules for broadcast TV allow 13 mins per hour not including "internal" promotional content, which seven shows a lot of.
There are no rules about number or timing of ads with catch up apps and it shows.
So for my 20 mins an hour I will pony up for Kayo when it suits me.

Old 28 Oct 2021, 04:01 (Ref:4080360)   #360
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
My personal worry is that as someone who attends both ARG and Supercars meetings if they combine them into 1 big show that halves the number of meetings I would be interested in attending.Less racing to go to is never a good idea.
Sorry, your humble enthusiasm to enjoy a broader range of motor racing and bigger, wider motor racing "landscape" in Australia is not as important to holing onto the steadily bland and antiquated status quo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Amazing to think that CAMS basically gave the category to the teams at the end of 1995, and over 25 years the teams have now offloaded all of it….. what was the point ?
There was no point other than acting on delusions of grandeur.