Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you go for?
10 1 3.33%
9 3 10.00%
8 4 13.33%
7 11 36.67%
6 8 26.67%
5 1 3.33%
4 1 3.33%
3 1 3.33%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Oct 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4079748)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: United States Grand Prix 2021

What score do you go for?
Old 24 Oct 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4079800)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
A seven, but probably could have been an eight. All the races have been brilliant this season (except Spa), so I feel I have to be harsher now.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4079802)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A riveting battle from the outset between Lewis and Max. I wouldn't call it a classic but it wasn't far off. 9
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:02 (Ref:4079804)   #4
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Pretty boring.
Lots of pitstops. Not a lot of on-track action.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4079809)   #5
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Without the championship battle this would have been a lesser race. I didn't know the winner until halfway into the last lap. Other than that, it paled in comparison to the opening lap. 7.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4079811)   #6
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Pretty boring.
Lots of pitstops. Not a lot of on-track action.
Ok not much in the way of front end passing but did you watch? Midfield was doing their best to damage cars and test track limits passing. And feeling each other out and the response is action, if you meant no passing for the lead on track, technically correct but in and out laps made those passes happen on the track since the fast pit stop was not the winner

Yes, not a great race in the Indy or Nascar oval style but in terms of strategy and response not bad. Midfield sucked and glad Alpine didn't finish either car with the radio crying, hate it for the garage though.

Solid 7, 8 if you want to argue I can be persuaded.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4079812)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also a 7 for me. Didnt quite get the wheel to wheel at the end which was ok because it was
still lots of fun watching it unfold.

A couple of bonus points for Alonso providing some entertaining moments.

Great crowd also.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4079820)   #8
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
did you watch
I did, and IMO it was rather boring.

Bottas made up some position an track. And Ricciardo on Sainz, too.
But apart from that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
All the races ...except Spa
There was no race at Spa this year.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:26 (Ref:4079821)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
...I wouldn't call it a classic but it wasn't far off...
Will be interesting how well it will be remembered with time.

Potential for this to be considered a signature win?
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4079826)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The lead 'battle' was never a battle. Different pit strategy etc.

Mclaren v Ferrari was the most interesting dynamic of the race.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 06:50 (Ref:4079859)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me, some good overtakes, some not so good. Entertaining.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4079877)   #12
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After the first lap it was not all that interesting. Alonso did provide some entertainment, as others have noted and I love him to bits. A damn shame he had to retire.

Ricciardo and Sainz did also provide some fun, but I had hoped for some more. A 6 for me.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4079885)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
could have been an 8 but to be honest the excitement was always towards the back rather than at the front so gave it a 7
Old 25 Oct 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4079910)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6. Some entertaining skirmishes and a vaguely tense end, but not all that special really.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 21:20 (Ref:4080016)   #15
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. It just didn't press many of my buttons. The McLaren/Ferrari battle had its interesting moments (shame Lando didn't make that first lap move stick) but the lead battle wasn't a battle at all. RBR used the undercut to make Verstappen jump Hamilton. Then pitted early to stop Mercedes using the undercut. And then it was all over. Hamilton was never going to catch and pass Verstappen on-track.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4080099)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Manic opening laps, then it calmed down. Lead battle that lasted the entire race, but ended up being decided without any wheel-to -wheel fight.

7 from me. It was good.