Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 May 2005, 18:31 (Ref:1301632)   #26
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Thank god for the tarmac run off and tyre walls at Eau Rouge - that accident for Bernd Schneider was in so many ways a repeat of the one that cost Stefan Bellof his life twenty years ago.
The Ickx/Bellof accident rose on my mind also, when I saw this crash.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 15 May 2005, 18:43 (Ref:1301644)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429CJ
The Ickx/Bellof accident rose on my mind also, when I saw this crash.
And that of Cor Euser in his Marcos LM600 last year.
Old 15 May 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1301746)   #28
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was a fair race. Good performance from Mika, and others (Aiello 'on form')...but all in all, I think there were more drivers driving shabby races than their were drivers having a good one.
Old 16 May 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1301909)   #29
toot toot
Racer

toot toot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race. Awesome by Mika, if he can carry on this form he could spoil paffets season. What has Green got to do to get good result this season, undoubtedly his pit stops will have been hampered by spenglers, rotten luck.

p.s.Glad to hear Carlton Kirby was as crap as ever on the Motors TV commentary!
Old 16 May 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1301915)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes - Carlton was awful.

He doesn't look at what's happening, has prejudiced views of any driver and incident, rather than making judgements on the facts, constantly laughs at himself, has no correct balance of when to be serious and when to be light-hearted, makes things up.

Downright terrible.
Old 16 May 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1301921)   #31
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anything has to be better than Klaus Ludwig on German television. What is it with motorsports and tv that we are always complaining about the commentry? Maybe a subject for another thread .

I was quite disappointed by the big gaps in the field. There were some great fights between some drivers, but overall performance varies greatly, considering this is nearly a spec series. 30 seconds between first and sixth, another 20 second to ninth and then 6 seconds to 14th place.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1302112)   #32
Bezzen
Racer

Sweden
Sundsvall
Bezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBezzen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great race by Mika!

Too bad Ekström's first pitstop was so bad, because he would then have got out of the pits in front of Mika. Would have been fun to see them battle it out. I think the outcome would have been the same, but I'm sure there would have been some nice overtaking/blocking action going on for a lap or two.
Old 16 May 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1302161)   #33
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really don't know what Schneider was thinking. Okay, Aiello didn't leave him any room, but you simply don't try to pass into Eau Rouge. The corner is hard enough with a single car, trying to make two cars stick at full racing speed is crazy.
Old 16 May 2005, 13:34 (Ref:1302198)   #34
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone who likes to see last years DTM-racer Jeroen Bleekemolen race can see him over here. He's racing in the BRL V6 and is currently in the lead, after already winning race 1 on saturday.
Old 16 May 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1302206)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Winter
Anyone who likes to see last years DTM-racer Jeroen Bleekemolen race can see him over here. He's racing in the BRL V6 and is currently in the lead, after already winning race 1 on saturday.
I think it will be a 2nd win for him.

EDIT: he will not win (technical problems)
Old 16 May 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1302207)   #36
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn

I hope Donald or Donny will win.
Old 16 May 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1302376)   #37
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spot on with the commentary there K-B. I taped the DTM on Sky+ and sat down to watch it slightly delayed so i ended up fast-forwarding most of it, I just can't find any entertainment at all. For a guy who's meant to commentate on a series, he has a very poor grasp of who's in each different car.

If only Ben Edwards could be cloned...
Old 16 May 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1302504)   #38
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone know Carlton's background?

A web-search reveals little.

I get the impression he's a shopping channel voice-over man rather than anyone with any knowledge of, or passion for, motorsport.
Old 16 May 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1302511)   #39
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Carlton struggles with 20 cars just as well he wasn't at Donington yesterday with 450! Not saying I did a perfect job, but someone did comment today that I was better than James Allen

Oh, hang on - that wasn't a compliment, was it?
Old 16 May 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1302523)   #40
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To give Carlton a bit of leeway, these Mercedes permanantly swapping paint jobs, and Audi's with split sponsorships between teams and cars is really confusing.

I can work out the Opel's okay...the red one's Frentzen, the blue & white one's Fassler, the black one's Aiello - and the Valvoline car is Reuter (thanks Peter!)

But Spengler, Alesi & Green give me issues (from a distance) - and the Audi's outside of the Red Bull cars are a nightmare.
Old 16 May 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1302526)   #41
Kicking-back
Veteran

It's not just his car identification that's the problem.
Old 17 May 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1303090)   #42
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone else heard the rumour that Audi are either pulling, or reducing their DTM involvement next year.

Trying to find out if theres any substance behind the rumours or not.
Old 17 May 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1303099)   #43
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Anyone else heard the rumour that Audi are either pulling, or reducing their DTM involvement next year.

Considering Opel's leaving and there hasn't been a replacement manufacturer found, I'm not suprised if Audi does pull out. I hope they only reduce their involvement and not a full pullout!

Could the DTM survive as a privateer series?
Old 17 May 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1303100)   #44
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG

Not heard.
As visiter of the Sportscar section of this forum you know Audi is developing the R10 and I expect these cars will be runned by Joest. So probably Joest will not compete in DTM next year.
Old 17 May 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1303349)   #45
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
To give Carlton a bit of leeway, these Mercedes permanantly swapping paint jobs, and Audi's with split sponsorships between teams and cars is really confusing.
If swapping paint jobs/sponsors is what's necessary to keep MB on the grid, then I'm okay with it. Are they swapping paint jobs or actual cars? IE: Does Hakinnen get Chassis 1 all season, but with different paint jobs or is he switching between Chassis 1-4? That's quite expensive to swap paint jobs alone?
Old 19 May 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1304552)   #46
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats to mika, great drive at a great track - wish we could see these races downunder
Old 19 May 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1304575)   #47
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
congrats to mika, great drive at a great track - wish we could see these races downunder
You can, if u have broadband. Id guess 500-750k connection would be good enough. http://sbs.dtm.garnierstreamingmedia.com/player/ Hope thats of some use to u.
Old 20 May 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1305743)   #48
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thanks SALEEN S7R, but still living in the 1990's with a dial-up connection
Old 20 May 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1305787)   #49
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah bummer, oh well never mind. Do u really get NO coverage at all? Even a 5 minute highlight clip on a programme i mean sort of thing.