Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Feb 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1215424)   #76
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like speed isn't there. They are going to need some work on aero. Furthermore Villeneuve does not seem at his best yet.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 11:59 (Ref:1215429)   #77
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was reading that they can't afford to run their new wind tunnel full time either, recently (on several occasions) Peter Sauber has alluded to the need for Sauber to align with a manufacturer, it's obviously on his mind.

VAG has often been mentioned as his most likely partner, but currently show no interest in F1 - however, I think that VAG may eventually buy Sauber (or a stake in Sauber) in order to use their facilities for road car development.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1215434)   #78
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VAG is no more earning money as it was a few years ago. I do not think they will have an interest in F1 unless costs decrease dramatically.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1215515)   #79
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree they will not enter F1 until the financial climate within F1 is better - if they enter at all.

I think Peter Sauber is looking to develop Sauber into a technical centre, that could be used by the automotive industry.

Hiring out the wind tunnel and other facilities to automotive clients could prove to be a useful revenue stream and open up other partnerships for the team.