Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 Jul 2011, 17:10 (Ref:2925687)   #226
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First race at Lime Rock. First in an LMP1 car. Coming from the back. Talk about a baptism of fire.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2925833)   #227
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a question for those who were at the race or watched it live. How long (in terms of time) were the yellows? I watched the tape delayed ESPN2 broadcast so they may have cut some things out, but the yellows (especially the first one) seemed really long considering it was just a minor incident. Also, what was the reason for the 2nd yellow? The ESPN2 broadcast did not say what the cause was.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2925866)   #228
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
I have a question for those who were at the race or watched it live. How long (in terms of time) were the yellows? I watched the tape delayed ESPN2 broadcast so they may have cut some things out, but the yellows (especially the first one) seemed really long considering it was just a minor incident. Also, what was the reason for the 2nd yellow? The ESPN2 broadcast did not say what the cause was.
How many yellows where there..I can only remember the one involving the LMPC car and the vettes/bmw/ESM, then the one when the jaguar parked, then the one involving two GTC cars.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2925905)   #229
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Slow compared to the other LMP1's yes. But he was able to get through the GTE cars and a few LMPC's I believe, which is something. It was his first real multi class race with professionals, he did much better than some others have. I don't want to judge him based on one race, but he seems at least as good as the Lord was last season.
Given the lack of depth in LMP1, so long as Al Masaood isn't too far off the pace and can stay out of trouble, Kane ought to be plenty quick enough to keep the car in contention- IIRC his laptimes were right in the ballpark with #16 and the Muscle Milk car.
Hopefully they'll add a second pro driver for the longer races later in the season.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2925979)   #230
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
How many yellows where there..I can only remember the one involving the LMPC car and the vettes/bmw/ESM, then the one when the jaguar parked, then the one involving two GTC cars.
There were a lot of things the ESPN2 broadcast didnt mention, but yes the 2nd and final yellow was caused by the brilliant Jaguar with all of its new updates that gave the RSR/Gentilozzi PR people something to actually do stopped on the circuit, bringing out the yellow.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 12:27 (Ref:2926003)   #231
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
I don't think the GT pileup brought out a FCY. Maybe it did and ESPN2 missed it, but I don't think so. I remember there being a big chunk of debris off the racing line from that wreck that was there for a while.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 15:07 (Ref:2926088)   #232
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Slow compared to the other LMP1's yes. But he was able to get through the GTE cars and a few LMPC's I believe, which is something. It was his first real multi class race with professionals, he did much better than some others have. I don't want to judge him based on one race, but he seems at least as good as the Lord was last season.
Fair enough... mine was more of a comment on how the highlights were edited than on Masood. I'm sure he is quicker than I am, but sadly we will never know.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2926134)   #233
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Fair enough... mine was more of a comment on how the highlights were edited than on Masood. I'm sure he is quicker than I am, but sadly we will never know.
Don't sell yourself short! start buying lottery tickets and maybe we can see if you are faster!
Old 13 Jul 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2926200)   #234
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think the GT pileup brought out a FCY. Maybe it did and ESPN2 missed it, but I don't think so. I remember there being a big chunk of debris off the racing line from that wreck that was there for a while.
Indeed the first FCY had nothing to do with the Vette, BMW, LMPC and Ferrari pile up. This was early on and the FCY was on lap 56. But I can't remember what caused it.

And it was a pretty long stoppage.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2926236)   #235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
From ALMS Notes:

Quote:
At 2:52 pm (0h 47m running), Peter Lesaffre (#34-GTC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup) off and stopped at turn 1.
At 2:53 pm (0h 48m running), Yellow Flag: pits are closed.
At 3:05 pm (1h 0m running), Green Flag
Quote:
At 4:30 pm (2h 25m running), Cristiano da Matta (#99-GT Jaguar XKR) slow at turn 3 and stopped on course.
At 4:30 pm (2h 25m running), Yellow Flag: pits are closed.
At 4:35 pm (2h 30m running), Yellow flag: pits are open. No one came in.
At 4:37 pm (2h 32m running), Green Flag.
So first yellow was 13 minutes, and second was 7 minutes.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2926316)   #236
AGD
Veteran

Thanks. 7 minutes sounds reasonable. 13 minutes though for the first caution? When there wasn't much to pick up? I'm not so sure about that. I know the new procedure is better for not letting cars get trapped a lap down, but still. If nothing else, whoever cuts the ESPN2 highlights needs to show less caution and more green.