Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Dec 2018, 18:00 (Ref:3868609)   #676
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know much about Dagys, if I'm honest, but I know in the past he's been a major rumour-monger that everyone seems to automatically believe. At least GG and DSC have always tried to stick to reliable facts....
Old 8 Dec 2018, 02:22 (Ref:3868667)   #677
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
No I don't know where this is going. Can you elaborate sir? What was so false about what John Dagys said by the way?
I should have been more clear, the transition from Radio Le Mans to Radio IMSA is pretty much complete. I don't think they even do the WEC races live anymore do they?

And Dagys came on and started talking about the new LMP regs and falsely claiming production engines and ERS were mandatory while a lot of us already figured out it was more complicated than that.

On top of that he's claimed every manufacturer under the sun is going to join DPi imminently.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3868673)   #678
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The RS1/2/3 aspect is just a branding thing it doesn't matter at all

And yes they still do the WEC races live, even though it's just Q+R coverage. Not that ELMS is any different though, the only series involving ACO cars that still gets practice + support race coverage is IMSA (+ Le Mans and Silverstone)

Radio Creventic would be other way to put it of course
Old 8 Dec 2018, 11:43 (Ref:3868726)   #679
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I don't know much about Dagys, if I'm honest, but I know in the past he's been a major rumour-monger that everyone seems to automatically believe. At least GG and DSC have always tried to stick to reliable facts....
John Dagys was an active member on here until about six years ago. And yes, he has certainly jumped the gun on occasions, thinking he had a scoop, which has subsequently turned out to be anything but. Personally, I'm not too bothered, because what it demonstrates is his enthusiasm for the sport we all love. He may make mistakes, and be factually incorrect at times, but to what extent does it really matter. GG (and therefore DSC) operate on a different level.

In terms of Midweek Motorsport, it's something I've dipped into from time to time, but I've never been a regular listener, so can't really comment on the impact of former contributors now being out of the picture. What I can say, is that I thoroughly enjoy Marshall and Graham's weekly podcast, it's something I actively look out for and look forward to.

John and Eve need to pay the bills, so will take whatever direction they need to take in order to bring in the necessary revenue to keep RSL afloat. If that means 'Radio IMSA', no problem, in fact whatever they do, no problem, just so long as they are trackside at Le Mans each year providing us with high quality coverage of the most important race of the year.
Old 8 Dec 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3868756)   #680
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I'll happily agree with you there!
Old 8 Dec 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3868799)   #681
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yep, I'll happily agree with you there!
Sorry, that wasn't all aimed at you, just my musings on various recent comments which have been made on here.

Old 8 Dec 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3868806)   #682
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No problem we're usually on the same wavelength!
Old 8 Dec 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3868809)   #683
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
What I can say, is that I thoroughly enjoy Marshall and Graham's weekly podcast, it's something I actively look out for and look forward to.
Indeed well worth a listen! Even though I skip most of the IMSA stuff.
Old 10 Dec 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3869137)   #684
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
So it's not even referred to as Radio Le Mans anymore but rather 'RS1'.

And John Dagys has replaced Graham Goodwin on MWM (and immediately spread falsehoods about the new LMP regs). I think everybody can see where this is going...
I like Sportscar 365 - seems like better coverage of the major series. Also likeed having Andrew Cotton on MWM.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 00:58 (Ref:3873864)   #685
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really do fear that there has been a full divorce between RLM and Goodwin/Pruett. I would love to be proven wrong
Old 4 Jan 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3873951)   #686
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I fear after losing Jim Roller and more recently Sam Collins in the last few years, although I can only take Marshall in smallish doses, Graham has always been 'part of the scene' and I hope there can be a kissing and making up before June. With no disrespect intended to Graham, it's as much fear of who we will have to listen to instead if he's not involved.......
Old 4 Jan 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3873967)   #687
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I find it all rather sad how so many people are so averse to, and frightened by, change. Something you can be assured of, apart from death and taxes, is that nothing stays the same for ever.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3873979)   #688
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's true, but it's not fear as such. When you encounter something you like, it's a natural reaction to prefer it to stay (much) the same.....
Old 4 Jan 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3874003)   #689
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If I can be honest, I've not listened to a MWM in sometime, but that's partially due to life changing experiences in 2018 that have shifted many life focuses. No one likes changes to the norm if they like it the way it is and I don't think the term "fear" can be used in matters of motor racing coverage (again hearkening back to my recent experiencing involving real fear), but this is semantics, so I apologize.

And I honestly don't care who's in there with Trussers as long as Paul can crunch numbers and give us real info, to supplement the hooping and hollering that seems to be mainstay amongst most commentators these days.

I'm sure it'll all be fine.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3874007)   #690
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

And I honestly don't care who's in there with Trussers as long as Paul can crunch numbers and give us real info, to supplement the hooping and hollering that seems to be mainstay amongst most commentators these days.

I'm sure it'll all be fine.
Very much with you there. As far as I know, Paul has no desire to quit and JH/EH know only too well how valuable he is to them - at least I like to think so.....
Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:16 (Ref:3874008)   #691
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As discussed in the NA Media thread, I've also stopped listening to MWM. The atmosphere became too tense and a lot less relaxed and I stopped enjoying it. I had previously stopped listening to it during my runs because on headphones the poor sound quality and varied volumes were painful and unpleasant at times, and the feedback was often not well received.

Maybe it is that I just don't like change, but the media side of things is not in as good a state as it was even a year or so ago. It's really killed my interest in reading sites and listening to podcasts now.

I do not know who is aligned to who now, but if I'm honest, I do not care. I always viewed the role of motorsport journalists as being the interface between the people in the sport, and the people who want to know about the sport. I am interested in the motorsport drama, not the drama between the people responsible for reporting the motorsport.

That said, honourable mention to Nick Daman. His Creventic grid walks were absolutely brilliant fun.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3874011)   #692
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you think they’ll ever sort out the volume issue?
Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3874014)   #693
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I fear after losing Jim Roller and more recently Sam Collins in the last few years, although I can only take Marshall in smallish doses, Graham has always been 'part of the scene' and I hope there can be a kissing and making up before June. With no disrespect intended to Graham, it's as much fear of who we will have to listen to instead if he's not involved.......
Better the devil you know.

Although I’d like to think it was an opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I find it all rather sad how so many people are so averse to, and frightened by, change. Something you can be assured of, apart from death and taxes, is that nothing stays the same for ever.
Fear of change? Or just missing something they liked.

Whatever I see a lot of people asking for change in this thread.

Starting with the volume level consistency!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3874023)   #694
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
No, lol I was once told by a staff member that if I'm not happy then I should not listen, as it's a free service. Well...fair enough. That is a legitimate and not incorrect point of view. But then another member who is a regular on MWM, was ripping into the production quality of WRL Endurance Radio for their coverage of an event. WRL are 100% amateurs who work out of their own pocket. REALLY great bunch of guys....so if you aren't happy with the quality, then turn off, it's a free service...right? Don't pick on the little guys trying to do the same as what you did, purely for the love of the sport.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3874039)   #695
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
And of course, back in 1987, they were little guys.......
Old 4 Jan 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3874042)   #696
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I remember being told that there wasn’t actually a problem.

I don’t like the sound of what you describe. It’s just not worth it and not really what sportscar fans are interested in.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3874045)   #697
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
What would be the fun in that??!
Old 4 Jan 2019, 19:48 (Ref:3874048)   #698
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
We're referring to John randomly exploding when someone locks up into a corner, correct?
Old 4 Jan 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3874052)   #699
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
What would be the fun in that??!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
We're referring to John randomly exploding when someone locks up into a corner, correct?
Old 6 Jan 2019, 00:33 (Ref:3874211)   #700
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Really do fear that there has been a full divorce between RLM and Goodwin/Pruett. I would love to be proven wrong

All still friendly on socials. Maybe people are jumping to wrong conclusions?

Wonder what article sparked MP and GG's ire?