Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 2018, 22:19 (Ref:3872158)   #3501
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh goodness. I've just read the regs, seen the price of a bottom book 231ps RX8, and I think there will be car 13 being built over the next 12 months. Eeek!

Won't be out in 2019 unless something remarkable happens, but.you never know.what the end of the season.will bring Just need to make sure The Boy gets a good job when he leaves Uni in June, he can contribute then

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Dec 2018, 23:49 (Ref:3872166)   #3502
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Remember the old question asking how are children different from adults? The price of the toys. Your boy is an adult…
Old 24 Dec 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3872170)   #3503
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah I wasn't clear. This is for BOTH of us to race

Old 24 Dec 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3872181)   #3504
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Ah sorry. My bad. Apologies. Being Johnny Foleignel I thought you were both adults
Old 24 Dec 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3872195)   #3505
midgetman
Veteran

Gerard I haven't been an adult for 40 years. One of my father's friends said to him "Just grow old gracefully Tyler." I plan to grow old as disgracefully as possible!

Old 24 Dec 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3872205)   #3506
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those interested, just a short note to confirm that I am still in the land of the living and watching! I'm also in a happier place than for many years having sold my house, paid off my divorce derived debts and moved in with my new partner, Jackie, here in beautiful Shropshire.

Hope all of you have a great Christmas and New Year.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 24 Dec 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3872208)   #3507
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Gerard I haven't been an adult for 40 years.
Be my guest, then! I'll buy a couple of beer and won't say a word. In the coming days, it'll be disgraceful for you to be seen with a French other than a… prisoner! Or dead meat may be…
Old 24 Dec 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3872216)   #3508
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
For those interested, just a short note to confirm that I am still in the land of the living and watching! I'm also in a happier place than for many years having sold my house, paid off my divorce derived debts and moved in with my new partner, Jackie, here in beautiful Shropshire.

Good to hear.👍
Old 24 Dec 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3872223)   #3509
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
For those interested, just a short note to confirm that I am still in the land of the living and watching!
And all best wishes to you and family, John!
Old 24 Dec 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3872230)   #3510
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Sorry to bring religion into this, but I still pray for you every night, John, so will take some credit for your good fortune.

Truly pleased to know that life has taken a turn for the better, and look forward to seeing a smiling face around Fiscar next year.

Wishing you both a Happy Christmas, and a Peaceful New Year.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3872233)   #3511
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Well that's a nice uplifting message for the time of year, John.

Of course an important question is whether Shropshire provides easier access to the places of weekend importance.

Or maybe not since, as I recall, it is probably rather a nice place to be any day of the week.

All the best for 2019.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3872241)   #3512
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Well that's a nice uplifting message for the time of year, John.

Of course an important question is whether Shropshire provides easier access to the places of weekend importance.

Or maybe not since, as I recall, it is probably rather a nice place to be any day of the week.

All the best for 2019.

I spent 18 months serving her Majesty's Air Force at Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, in Shropshire, having signed the Official Secrets Act, I cannot elaborate. I am sure J&J will be very happy there.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 13:53 (Ref:3872244)   #3513
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Does this mean you will be back on telling us off now John. Very very happy for you. Looking forward to my first telling of in 2019.f. happy new year to you and Jackie.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3872248)   #3514
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Nice to hear, John. I can only agree that having a new partner makes a world of difference to one's life. However, I hope you re having a better first Christmas than us - two unconnected family deaths within an hour of each other yesterday afternoon..........
Old 24 Dec 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3872251)   #3515
midgetman
Veteran

Oh John that's terrible. Commiserations.

Old 24 Dec 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3872252)   #3516
midgetman
Veteran

John T - glad it's working out.

Horrible to have those two posts juxtaposed.

Old 24 Dec 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3872255)   #3517
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Oh John that's terrible. Commiserations.

Thank you - you wouldn't think a coincidence like that would happen would you?

It's been a terrible month, starting with loss of my brother. Unconnected to me but my neighbours lost their son following an illness ten days ago. He was just three years old...

Christmas, eh?
Old 24 Dec 2018, 16:36 (Ref:3872263)   #3518
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Excellent news John. Hope you and Jackie have a wonderful Christmas.

Likewise, Merry Christmas all on here including Bauble.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3872271)   #3519
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
In light of a John E’s news, I will just wish everyone on tenths as Happy a Christmas as their personal circumstances allow.

Old 24 Dec 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3872278)   #3520
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Christmas to all.

I just cant stop thinking aout all the negatives in life.It does block out the happy side of me a lot (Motorsport keeps it at bay).All the issues and stuff.It does make me worry where we are all headed as a world.I know you probably have all heard it before.Anyway enough of me darkening the light.

What choco should I have first? They all look so nice?
Old 24 Dec 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3872279)   #3521
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John, my condolences. I hope your family and friends find a way to cope at this difficult time. Thoughts are with you.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3872291)   #3522
Willmaz223
Veteran

I offer my condolences to John E.Life can be really unfair at times but can always improve and get better.(I know from unfortunate experience) having myself not had a very good last couple of yrs with mental health etc.I've improved thankfully.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3872296)   #3523
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Peter, I am quite overwhelmed by your magnanimous gesture, the cockles of my heart are positively glowing with warmth, and I realise that the well of human kindness has not run dry. If only all here were as kind and thoughtful as your self the world would be better place. (well ten tenths at least.)

So I wish you a most felicitous Christmas, and a truly awesome New Year.

Bauble.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3872298)   #3524
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Thank you - you wouldn't think a coincidence like that would happen would you?

It's been a terrible month, starting with loss of my brother. Unconnected to me but my neighbours lost their son following an illness ten days ago. He was just three years old...

Christmas, eh?
John, that is a truly awful month for you and those around you.

At this time of year it always seems to be so much harder to work through even the least bad news but your month seems to have been exceptionally difficult by any standards and for any month of the year.

Suitable words are, of course, impossible to find. Just be sure to look out for each other especially carefully over the next few weeks.
Old 24 Dec 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3872299)   #3525
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

Crikey only just noticed your join date for this forum was before I came into this world.2 years in fact.
Closed Thread