Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 8 Jan 2023, 16:39 (Ref:4139251)   #451
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Didnt you just. On a global scale!
Great pics and thanks for sharing.

I love the Woodie wagon c/w Surfboard. Is that a Mercury Monterey?
I believe it was a Merc. I was hustling the non car loving fam through it, trying to see it all before the hunger strike started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Wow, quite a collection.

Two Lotus’s! I don’t think I’ve seen an Esprit for years.
And and and.
Pretty sure it was the most I've seen in one spot with a grand total of 5 Espirts there, an Elise and a Seven. And lovely E Type rag top, too. And, and and

Several Ferraris but I'm taking pictures of 442s and Screaming Chickens every damn time !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Dang where the heck were all those cars hiding? Just some fellas garage or a museum of some type?
It was a coffee and cars event at a classic car storage facility in town.
https://www.facebook.com/paradiselodgingofathens

So the ones outside were driven there and the ones inside are stored there. Pretty sure the Woody, Scout plus several more are one guy's collection, as he was a former neighbor of my parents. He's got a Continental Mark II rag top, a sweet Pacer and a really cool Pinto Wagon All mint. He's a financial advisor. I chose the incorrect career path, damint.
Old 8 Jan 2023, 17:38 (Ref:4139253)   #452
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I believe it was a Merc.
I refer to Mercedes as Merc at work often, as it was my usual short hand. Always confuses the conversation!
Old 8 Jan 2023, 23:04 (Ref:4139261)   #453
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I refer to Mercedes as Merc at work often, as it was my usual short hand. Always confuses the conversation!
That's correct! Know your audience!

Unfortunately, Mercedes will become the norm there was a nice Merc Cougar there as well.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 8 Jan 2023 at 23:14.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4139314)   #454
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I went to the Bicester Scramble yesterday. It's a gathering of petrolheads which happens about 4 times per year. Pictures are here:

https://peter-mallett.smugmug.com/Cl...amble-08-01-23

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 9 Jan 2023 at 10:56. Reason: Corrected link
Old 9 Jan 2023, 12:42 (Ref:4139331)   #455
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I went to the Bicester Scramble yesterday. It's a gathering of petrolheads which happens about 4 times per year. Pictures are here:

Nice mix of things in there.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4139340)   #456
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice. Thanks for the photos. It’s a nice event and one that has grown massively.

All centered around Bicester Heritage which has loads of classic automotive businesses there. Lovely setting.

I’ve not been since 2018, I think, when I last went in an Austin 7.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 13:29 (Ref:4139342)   #457
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

That looks like an awesome meeting! I'm a fan of everything you captured there. Thx for sharing!!

I'm not sure what this is: https://peter-mallett.smugmug.com/Cl...23/i-JzpgKvw/A

First thought was an early Sunbeam but I don't think that's accurate...I can make out Rambler on the bonnet, but have gotten nowhere with an internet / phone search .
Old 9 Jan 2023, 13:54 (Ref:4139350)   #458
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is a Daimler SP250, was originally named Daimler Dart but Dodge had the rights to that name. It's a 2500cc V8 fibreglass sportscar from 1959(ish).
Old 9 Jan 2023, 14:26 (Ref:4139359)   #459
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Met. (London) police purchased a number of them in order to catch and apprehend speeding drivers and in particular motorcycle riders. A number of them were garaged and maintained at my local traffic garage as it was nearby one of the main biker hangouts called the ACE café which still exists in it's original place on the North Circular Road.

A major part of the reason to stop the speeding bikers was to try to cut down the number of fatalities due to excessive speed. It just so happens that between the ACE and the traffic garage their was a notorious accident black spot for riders named the iron bridge (that's what it actually was) also situated on the North Circular leading to the ACE, which had a fast right-hand bend on to the bridge and where many bikers unfortunately lost their lives.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4139362)   #460
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That is a Daimler SP250, was originally named Daimler Dart but Dodge had the rights to that name. It's a 2500cc V8 fibreglass sportscar from 1959(ish).
Oh yeah! Very similar to a Tiger and perhaps even cooler!!
Old 9 Jan 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4139364)   #461
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Going completely off-topic here (sorry) but didn't the SP250 have a low mounted steering box that was very easy to dislodge during an accident allowing the (non-collapsing) steering column to be pushed into the driver?
Also off-topic, the original 2 door Reliant Scimitar used the design of the replacement body that Ogle Design first proposed as a replacement for the SP250 body...
Old 9 Jan 2023, 14:46 (Ref:4139366)   #462
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The Met. (London) police purchased a number of them in order to catch and apprehend speeding drivers and in particular motorcycle riders. A number of them were garaged and maintained at my local traffic garage as it was nearby one of the main biker hangouts called the ACE café which still exists in it's original place on the North Circular Road.

A major part of the reason to stop the speeding bikers was to try to cut down the number of fatalities due to excessive speed. It just so happens that between the ACE and the traffic garage their was a notorious accident black spot for riders named the iron bridge (that's what it actually was) also situated on the North Circular leading to the ACE, which had a fast right-hand bend on to the bridge and where many bikers unfortunately lost their lives.
Fascinating!! I'd like to see one of those cop cars; old cop cars and cop cars from across the pond always interest me!
Old 9 Jan 2023, 14:50 (Ref:4139367)   #463
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fascinating!! I'd like to see one of those cop cars; old cop cars and cop cars from across the pond always interest me!

Your wish, etc.:

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/...politan-police

In my youth, I and my friends were also interested in what cars the plod were using, so we would often have a look in our local traffic garage (the same one as above post). As we were the local tearaways (speeders), it was important for us to know what to look out for, as they used a number of what we used to call Q-cars, in other words unmarked police vehicles. Unlike today, these garages were never behind closed doors, and were usually unmanned during the early hours and being before CCTV, we were free to wonder about.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 9 Jan 2023 at 15:00.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4139393)   #464
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Your wish, etc.:

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/...politan-police

In my youth, I and my friends were also interested in what cars the plod were using, so we would often have a look in our local traffic garage (the same one as above post). As we were the local tearaways (speeders), it was important for us to know what to look out for, as they used a number of what we used to call Q-cars, in other words unmarked police vehicles. Unlike today, these garages were never behind closed doors, and were usually unmanned during the early hours and being before CCTV, we were free to wonder about.
That's pretty damn cool. Auto gearbox too! But that black, with the hubcaps and the radio is just the stuff!
Old 10 Jan 2023, 01:23 (Ref:4139461)   #465
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That's pretty damn cool. Auto gearbox too! But that black, with the hubcaps and the radio is just the stuff!
It was the chrome bell on the front bumper that caught my eye! Great info Mike.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4139645)   #466
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is an actual university vehicle still in use at LSU, and yes I've seen it running, it doesn't just stay parked.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 01:48 (Ref:4139656)   #467
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
A guy races a red and blue one in HSR most years, never seen a street one. Nice car and he wheels it properly quickly

Ok, yeah, dude is quick. Anyone who follows historics would know the name Larry Ligas and Predator Racing. He also runs a VERY sharp and fast Jag

http://www.britishracecar.com/LarryL...mler-SP250.htm
Old 11 Jan 2023, 06:26 (Ref:4139665)   #468
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very pretty car and thanks for the link.

There was recently an Australian delivered matching numbers road car for sale here. Beautiful "well maintained" condition. One of the last four Daimler SP250’s built (1964) and understood to be the very last car sold to the general public. Complete with factory hardtop and full history. $POA

https://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/wp...er-sp250-dart/

youtube clip showing the car: https://youtu.be/EIr30ITFAnY

Just looking on the oldtimeraustralia.com website and it shows in their cars sold though.

....but they do have a "Time capsule" Mazda RX4 available...... which can be yours for just AU$150,000.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 15:26 (Ref:4140222)   #469
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Cold cars and coffee Datsun action:
Attached Thumbnails
83B2A8F1-F486-4EB7-AEB3-493631D41A3B.jpeg   7DC9AC98-2503-4DCD-A679-40A9C945D7BF.jpeg  
Old 15 Jan 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4140223)   #470
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Son!!

I love me some old Datsuns and that on is a beaut!
Old 15 Jan 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4140224)   #471
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Son!!

I love me some old Datsuns and that on is a beaut!
Really good condition, but not stupid clean.
Old 15 Jan 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4140235)   #472
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Really good condition, but not stupid clean.
That's what we like, nice but obviously enjoyed not parked and polished
Old 16 Jan 2023, 03:34 (Ref:4140273)   #473
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
You could fit 2 of those motors in that engine bay!
Old 16 Jan 2023, 03:35 (Ref:4140274)   #474
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Saw this in a parking lot today. If it wasn't obvious by the age and condition of the vehicle they made sure you know what was going to be happening.

Old 21 Jan 2023, 01:05 (Ref:4140799)   #475
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Has no one spotted anything in six days? What is wrong with you all.

Anyway. Land Cruiser action. Outside a dentist’s.
Attached Thumbnails
E640DCCF-D4C9-4C02-8681-9D7F278D2449.jpeg