Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1634947)   #1
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst

Hi all. Going to be in Manly the w/end of 'the great race' and am looking for info on getting there and ticket sales etc. I can only go on the Thursday or Friday for practice/testing due to family but I need some info on it. Can a bus be got? Or should I hire a car? Help!!
Old 15 Jun 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1634986)   #2
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't look good for you mate.

Tickets can be bought for Sunday only, Saturday & Sunday, or all four days.

Wednesday is a free day, but there is nothing racing on the track. However, it is a great opportunity to meet drivers, see the cars etc, but you won't see anything other than course cars and street sweepers on the circuit.

If you can stretch to a Sat/Sun ticket (ticket is AU$95, but time seems to be more of a worry), you'll experience what is simply the worlds greatest touring car race at one of the best circuits on the planet.

For other info, see the official website: http://www.supercheapauto1000.com/
Old 15 Jun 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1635002)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hiring a car will be your best bet, as getting a train/bus will take up half of your day.
Wednesday is a nothing day with the cars not hitting the track until thursday for probably an hour only.

I will have a 4 day pit access pass that i will not be using on thursday that I might be able to lend you

Last edited by mtpanorama; 15 Jun 2006 at 12:18.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 15 Jun 2006, 21:34 (Ref:1635502)   #4
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are you blokes talking about wednesday for? he said thursday/friday - and I'm sure if he is coming from O/S and is desperate enough to see the great track that he wants to hire a car then money wont matter too much and he'll pay whatever for whatever he need to - a 4 day pass from the Mount would be something not too many people would get to go home with!!

If you hire a car from Manly, and considering you probably don't know where you're going allow 3 hours for the drive there. From Penrith to Bathurst is just about bang on 200km, then say 50 to manly? 500km round trip so if you hire say, a 4 cylinder you'll end up needing 2 tanks of fuel by the time you refill it to give it back so also allow about $140 for fuel.

If you can only pick one day out of thursday or friday, go on friday.
Last year there was only 1 V8Supercar practice on thursday, whereas friday has 2 practices (albeit 1 is the co-driver session, but will still have the likes of the Kelly brothers, Whincup etc on track ) as well as qualifying. If you are serious about going you should also consider trying to find accomodation NOW, but even then I don't like your chances too much - for the race weekend I suppose count on at least $120ish for the night.

'tis about all I can think of .....

Last edited by SRabbit; 15 Jun 2006 at 21:43.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1635562)   #5
cornermsport
Racer

Australia
near Oran Park NSW
cornermsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry passes do seem stupid if you only want to go for one day, but for the last 2 years, we have only gone up for Friday only, and what you do is purchase a 4 day pass from the main ticket office situated at on the main entry road at the top of the hill opposite Charles Sturt uni.

Then as long as you return it by 5 or 6pm, that ticket office will refund you the 3 days that you don't use. Its a good deal as Friday is probably the best day to see the action, without the excessive crowds or idiots annoying you.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 00:17 (Ref:1635570)   #6
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ring the Victoria Hotel [02-63315777] at 3 KEPPEL ST,Bathurst.A couple of mates stay there every year,often its not booked out.Despite the name it is not 5 star but comfortable and the meals are good.It is across the road from the Railway Station if you dont want to drive from Manly,get the Manly Ferry to Circular Quay ,train to Central Station,Train to Bathurst [book this one].I reckon you'd be there at the track for the afternoon practices -once you're in town people can advise you how to get to the track,its only 1km south.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 09:14 (Ref:1635684)   #7
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frnt Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
Despite the name it is not 5 star but comfortable and the meals are good.It is across the road from the Railway Station
and she fairly jumps on race weekend
Old 16 Jun 2006, 09:20 (Ref:1635689)   #8
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Refund...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
What are you blokes talking about wednesday for? he said thursday/friday - and I'm sure if he is coming from O/S and is desperate enough to see the great track that he wants to hire a car then money wont matter too much and he'll pay whatever for whatever he need to - a 4 day pass from the Mount would be something not too many people would get to go home with!! Ummmm...a little background never hurt anyone...did it??

If you hire a car from Manly, and considering you probably don't know where you're going allow 3 hours for the drive there. From Penrith to Bathurst is just about bang on 200km, then say 50 to manly? 500km round trip so if you hire say, a 4 cylinder you'll end up needing 2 tanks of fuel by the time you refill it to give it back so also allow about $140 for fuel.

If you can only pick one day out of thursday or friday, go on friday.
Last year there was only 1 V8Supercar practice on thursday, whereas friday has 2 practices (albeit 1 is the co-driver session, but will still have the likes of the Kelly brothers, Whincup etc on track ) as well as qualifying. If you are serious about going you should also consider trying to find accomodation NOW, but even then I don't like your chances too much - for the race weekend I suppose count on at least $120ish for the night.

'tis about all I can think of .....
AFAIR....for one day at a time entry, they ask you to pay for a four day pass then refund the unused portion when you return at days end.

Podd...can I suggest that you keep in touch and when closer to the event see who can help you out....there may even be a bed in a campsite at the track offered....Cheers, Mick

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 16 Jun 2006 at 09:27.
Old 16 Jun 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1635811)   #9
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
and she fairly jumps on race weekend
Wouldn't know--been carousing at Reid Park camping area every practice and race night since Bruce McPhee won !
Old 19 Jun 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1637159)   #10
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys. Much as Id love to accept the offer of a lend of a pass...we all know how that may go wrong!
I definitely cant stay over night so Friday is my best bet. I dont really care whose driving the cars as long as I get to see them. Looks like car hire, lots of fuel bills and a w/end pass!!
Old 19 Jun 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1637222)   #11
frederick
Rookie

frederick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we're on the subject,
Does anyone know if there are organised trips to Bathurst, ex Melbourne
something along the lines of coach and camping site etc. ??
Old 20 Jun 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1637655)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yes
there is one spot left

cost around $300 per person, but we can negotiate

plus admission

it leaves thurs evening, returning mon evening
Old 21 Jun 2006, 01:54 (Ref:1638143)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick
While we're on the subject,
Does anyone know if there are organised trips to Bathurst, ex Melbourne
something along the lines of coach and camping site etc. ??
There are a couple of companies that do that sort of thing professionally. i have a friend who uses them every second year. Google motorsport tours
Old 22 Jun 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1639118)   #14
frederick
Rookie

frederick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
yes
there is one spot left

cost around $300 per person, but we can negotiate

plus admission

it leaves thurs evening, returning mon evening
Thanks for the offer Peckstar but there's 2 of us planning to do it, maybe more